DCS: UH-1H Videos

wess24m

DCS, Huey, landing without cyclic, pedals or trim.

I doubt this would happen in a real Huey, but it happened to me when the plug came out of my stick and the controls went to centre. I walked away from the landing, so I've been doing a few more. Flat land is essential, aim for hard ground.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

about one year ago, i left the pc while huey flying, when i got back to pc , i saw the chopper was circling contiounsly by its own.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Thanks Belsimtek for making this possible

about one year ago, i left the pc while huey flying, when i got back to pc , i saw the chopper was circling contiounsly by its own.

Thats some feat man, flying on its own for a year:megalol: Did you have unlimited fuel checked;)

Thanks to Belsimtek for allowing us to do this cool sh*t:clap_2:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Duplicated from another thread.

I'm trying the method used in Vietnam to avoid small arms fire near the LZ, and land as quickly as possible. Aiming to start at 2500' AGL,, descend at 3000 fpm and land after a 360 deg turn. Without any detailed info, I don't know exactly how it was done, but this is my interpretation (56 secs.). White container is the LZ.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

'ZU'prise

I decided to make a mini-film. You can view it here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175299

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

UH-1H - Mi-8 - SA342 - KA-50

F/A-18C - F-15C - F-5E - SU-27 - SU-33 - Hawk - M2000C - A-10C - A-10A - P-51 - NTTR - Normandy - Persian Gulf

i7 7700k 4.7Ghz - 32GBs G.Skills RGB 3200Mhz - ASUS STRIX Z270F -

ASUS GTX970 STRIX - LG 34UM64-P 34" 21:9 - Track IR - X55 & Saitek Pedals - CHPL training

I was told there would be 6 men to rescue from the 18000 ft mountain crash site, but 2 extra soldiers turned up and I couldn't leave them behind. This made for a difficult overweight take off and an even harder landing near the waiting ambulance at the foot of the mountain. I became disorientated in the cloud white out of the cyclonic weather, which rattled me for the landing, which was mainly done near full throttle. Sweaty crack stuff indeed. I love this mission.

I was told there would be 6 men to rescue from the 18000 ft mountain crash site, but 2 extra soldiers turned up and I couldn't leave them behind. This made for a difficult overweight take off and an even harder landing near the waiting ambulance at the foot of the mountain. I became disorientated in the cloud white out of the cyclonic weather, which rattled me for the landing, which was mainly done near full throttle. Sweaty crack stuff indeed. I love this mission.

Guess hills are a novelty in your neck of the woods:lol:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guess hills are a novelty in your neck of the woods:lol:

We don't need hills in Norfolk.

They just spoil the view. :photo:

Edited by Holbeach

I've think I've reached my load limit, for a T/O from the 18000' mountain, with 2 gunners on board, for protection from the enemy in the valleys and 6 injured soldiers, making us very heavy. This made for a very sticky drag across the ground, with a leap of faith off the cliff, but we made it, almost, (don't try a hover landing). Inspired by the book "Chickenhawk"

Edited by Holbeach

We ran into an ambush.

• 1 month later...

Ok, i really need to post this video, as we all learned and still learning the Huey we got all almost, to agree it's tough as **** to master, control and the more we gain up skill, more proud we feel, and, what i ever had more trouble and pain with the Huey was, weapon uses, damn i wasn't able to drop 14 rockets on 2 vehicule close by each others, but after 2 days of practice, only doing rocket passes when i have time to fly, it's finaly going somehwere, lot's of practice again to di, but still, way much better than it ever was, and i'm really proud of it, to actualy fly with the Huey as i come in hot and not fighting it. Still training to go by, so please bare with me :)

Edited by Doum76

• 2 months later...

great pinpoint landing. no hesitation, no failed attempts. he landed 2 small seperated pieces of woods

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...