FSX/P3D News ONLY (not discussion)

Reaper26

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, well since DCS is going more towards WWII with its resources we need to find something else for a while.

Precisely my thought when I bought this, even back in Dec 2012.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

So this is where I am now:

- Installed FSX

- Installed AccPack

I also installed me some planes, don't like the stock ones that much

- Installed Flight1 Citation Mustang

- Installed Ex-payware C152 FSinsider

- Downloaded F-14, F-35 and T-45 from Dino Cattaneo (I tested earlier versions last year and liked them)

I may have set the graphics stuff too high, I have <20 FPS when flying the Citation over Manhattan, so I might tweak that a bit (it has a high resolution cockpit and multiple MFCDs so it has an impact on FPS, that's why I use it as a baseline. If the game works wile flying that plane it might work well with the F/A-18 as well if I decide to buy it). Also I heard disabling AA in FSX but enabling it in the NVIDIA settings might help. Also scenery shadows maybe.

I'm still trying to find the best settings for ground details and autogen stuff so it doesn't pop up in front of my airplane that visibly while still maintaining at least 25FPS.

So if one of you got an extraordinarily cool fsx.cfg I would be very thankful.

And one additional question while I'm at it:

Is there an addon that improves the visual appearance of textures and maybe also the ground mesh a bit (worldwide) without having to spend 1000 Dollars and using 1TB of disc space?

I read about openVFR for example, and FTX-Global. The latter seems to be just one package to install and improves something on the whole world, or am I wrong?

I don't need the uber-fotorealistic stuff, just maybe an improvement over stock. But everywhere. I have VFR Germany south and it is nice for glider flying in the area I live, but I want to fly all over the world.

Hi aginor istallation is not correct

1)Microsoft Flight Simulator X

2)Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1 (SP1)

3)Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration "for your version MFSX"

or..

1)Microsoft Flight Simulator X

2)MFSX Acceletarion "for your version MFSX"

ACP contain SP1 and Sp2

A note on FPS with the military jets, if you fly from military airfields, eg AFB and NAS etc, there is usually little or no AI traffic so FPS will benefit.

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

You guys had better be careful. This is starting to look like a support thread. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Don't forget the vLSO

Yep mentioned before, excellent and essential add-on for CV ops.

http://vlso.blogspot.ca/

Too bad I suck at it...LOL

Also a good place to get your CV feet wet online is here:

http://www.fsxcarrierops.com/

vlso1_zpsade66248.png

You guys had better be careful. This is starting to look like a support thread. ;)

Wait what? This is a news thread and I'm talking about FSX news concerning me and the guys are telling me what news I didn't get, such as vLSO and stuff. :)

Anyway, thanks@all!

And did you hear: There is a new cool mountain scenery thingie: http://realearthx.it/?page_id=139

(YAY, News! :D )

Aginor, the fps drop issue is a known issue with the citation, just so you know.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hey! I'm not a noob, I have flown thousands of hours in FSX in the last few years. I just have no idea about TacPack and the VRS Hornet and I am reinstalling FSX on my new rig to maybe fly that one. ;)

Ah ok my apologies. Still a major change from what he used to be though :D

Theres some good grades there Mower.:thumbup:

Hopefully one day someone will make a vLSO for DCS that would go straight to our logbooks.:pilotfly:

I would love that. Installed vLSO today and did some landings in the F-14D and T-45. Really nice.

Aginor, the fps drop issue is a known issue with the citation, just so you know.

Yeah, noticed that as well. Actually with every other plane I have great FPS even when setting view distance and stuff pretty high.

There isn't a solution to that problem, am I right?

Ah ok my apologies. Still a major change from what he used to be though biggrin.gif

No problem, man! And yeah, people change and that's a good thing. Sometimes :D