New Saitek X-55

Saitek Flight Sim ‏@SaitekSim 1m

We're taking pre-orders again for the X-55 Rhino. Get in the queue now! http://store.madcatz.com/brands/saitek/Saitek-Pro-Flight-X-55-Rhino-H-O-T-A-S-System-for-PC.html … US & CAN only.

I am in!! Thanks for letting us know.

Well, now, until June, I need to redo my joystick stand. Few days ago I ordered some 80/20 aluminum extrusion so as to be able to build the stand, attache it to my chair and be able to adjust height and dept of it.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in..:thumbup: thx.:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Kind of screwy in a way that the Amazon pre-orders were cancelled and then up the price and take pre-orders on their site.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

I think the Amazon listing was a second party as far as increase in price it was always 199.99.

It may have been, don't remember for sure. But it was pre-ordered under my prime account with fulfillment by Amazon so their distribution center would have received/shipped them.

It's not $199.99 anymore, the price on the Saitek site now is $219.99 in the U.S.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

It may have been, don't remember for sure. But it was pre-ordered under my prime account with fulfillment by Amazon so their distribution center would have received/shipped them.

It's not $199.99 anymore, the price on the Saitek site now is $219.99 in the U.S.

Still shows $199 on the MC/Saitek site

http://store.madcatz.com/brands/saitek/Saitek-Pro-Flight-X-55-Rhino-H-O-T-A-S-System-for-PC.html

Thats the total with tax added..Originally they ate the shipping charges for us that preordered.

Just checked your link and it shows $219, so I think your saying the $219 is with shipping.

Which goes to the point I made about Amazon pre-orders, they were placed at the $199 level with free shipping (Prime), some were never fulfilled, and now it's unavailable there.

Really does not matter as I understand they need to make money to stay in business, but one would think they would fulfill the outstanding orders instead of them being cancelled before taking another pre-order. The people that ordered in good faith are now paying a higher price to re-order the pre-order they already placed. :beer:

Edit: Actually it shows shipping etc as being $0.00

SaJ1G8i.jpg

Edited by txmtb

Wow that strange, Cus I ordered mine last night from MC and it was $199 bucks?

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

That is strange..This is my actual invoice from the pre order before shipping charges were dropped..

Item

Rate

Qty

Amount

Saitek® Pro Flight™ X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. (Hands on Throttle and Stick) System™ for PC $199.99 1 $199.99

Subtotal $199.99

Shipping $7.50

Tax $16.00

Total $223.49

Weird is a good word sometimes. I just checked again and it was the same as before.

Can one of you check the Canadian price and see if it's 219.99? I see that price for both the US and Canada order links so I think I'm getting an incorrect price.

I see the same US/CAN @ 199

In that case I'm just assuming they do not like me. :doh:

Perhaps the $219.99 is the conversion to Canadian $ from USD. A lot of sites will auto convert to your geographic locations currency.

Are you in Canada txmtb?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Perhaps the $219.99 is the conversion to Canadian $ from USD. A lot of sites will auto convert to your geographic locations currency.

Are you in Canada txmtb?

Nope, but that's what I was thinking when I had scrtagnt69 check those 2 prices.

I think that is what it is though, 219.99 Canadian converts to 199.52 US.

TAX I guess? here's mine.

Order Summary

Subtotal

$199.99

Shipping

$0.00

Handling

$0.00

Tax

$0.00

Total

$199.99

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

Well maybe re-wording your sage advice might have helped convey that better, but if you read what you said, it sounded like you were questioning the wisdom of those of use that did purchase it now... and if it was just for the "complainers" remember, two wrongs dont make a right...

I do appreciate the condescension. Thank you very much. I don't know why I have to be so careful about wording anything like this. Its Saitek, its a new product, its pretty obvious there are going to be teething issues, especially since its paired with the launch of a new programming software. Its pretty obvious my intent if you aren't out to dismiss it.

Yes its mostly for the complainers but its also true in general. I find it obnoxious for people to hop on the bandwagon of praising something and being defensive about things like the bugs. You yourself said you didn't experience a problem, like thats supposed to mean something. Why would you say that? It just smacks of being dismissive, like the bugs aren't an issue. My "sage advice" warns that bugs are likely while your response appears to dismiss the credibility of such bugs being even real using a pretty common fallacy. If this were a discussion of a bug in the open beta someone posting "well I haven't seen that bug" is pretty obviously irrelevant.

The complainers complain too much, but the satisfied customers deny too much as well.

Every purchase is a risk. Every purchase of the first 300 units is a much higher risk, especially if its an iterative step forward.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

apparently another month out

PRE-ORDER: This is a new product release from Saitek and quantities are very limited. Orders placed now are expected to ship on May 30, 2014. All orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. You will NOT be charged until your order ships and you can cancel at any time. Your order placed today simply reserves your spot in line. :joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Quick question for people who have it and play A10C:

1. Does it have enough hats, switches, buttons , etc. to fulfil all the warthog's hotas functionality without resorting to using modifiers?

2. I hear that it doesn't have a two stage trigger, has that affected your ability to use the gun? I figure that you can program it to do both enable PAC and shoot but wonder if the ability to enable PAC for variable amount of time before engaging gun was something to consider?

Edit:

I admit that I was lazy and didn't read all 56 pages in this topic. After I took the time to read them all , I found a post that showed me a picture of one users profile. I really appreciate that picture because it showed me both answers and I was pleased with the results. I could live with the idea of two buttons to represent the gun trigger.

Edited by intx

1. Does it have enough hats, switches, buttons , etc. to fulfil all the warthog's hotas functionality without resorting to using modifiers?

2. I hear that it doesn't have a two stage trigger, has that affected your ability to use the gun? I figure that you can program it to do both enable PAC and shoot but wonder if the ability to enable PAC for variable amount of time before engaging gun was something to consider?

Yes it has enough buttons, have you seen pictures and videos of it. Go look at YouTube, there are some pretty good reviews.

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Edit:

I admit that I was lazy and didn't read all 56 pages in this topic. After I took the time to read them all , I found a post that showed me a picture of one users profile. I really appreciate that picture because it showed me both answers and I was pleased with the results. I could live with the idea of two buttons to represent the gun trigger.

Absolutely, here you go : http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/602470/

I guess it is the profile you talked about. ;)

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang