our beloved Pony-will it get even better?

9.JG27 DavidRed

We have added "out of oil" condition, and are working on the cold start improvements. As we are moving to DX11 new effects will be added.

OOOO_ooooo

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The switching altitude is not fixed. It depends on other factors.

From the manual page 17:

The Packard engine delivers approximately 1490 horse power at sea level. It has a critical altitude of approximately 14,000 feet in low blower supercharger mode and a critical altitude of approximately 27,000 feet in high blower mode. The maximum altitude is approximately 40,000 feet. The supercharger ratios are approximately 6 to 1 in low blower mode and 8 to 1 in high blower mode.

[/Quote]

14k feet is what the manual states. 20k as in campaign mission 7 (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1645957) is wrong in my book or can you provide a technical explanation for this behaviour? I guess the charger changes @14k AGL instead of ASL.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

14k feet is what the manual states. 20k as in campaign mission 7 (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1645957) is wrong in my book or can you provide a technical explanation for this behaviour?

RAM air pressure, e.g.

Also, critical altitude != switching altitude. Critical altitude means that the blower does no longer supply 61inHg. The switching occurs much later.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Awesome to hear there will be updates to the Mustang! I don't have much to complain about with the Mustang but I would like to see the smoke effect from the guns get improved. I do not like how the gun smoke stays only on the wings while the guns are firing and then seems to fly off the wings as soon as the firing stops. Common sense tells me there would be a long smoke trail for the duration of the gunfire.

• ED Team
Awesome to hear there will be updates to the Mustang! I don't have much to complain about with the Mustang but I would like to see the smoke effect from the guns get improved. I do not like how the gun smoke stays only on the wings while the guns are firing and then seems to fly off the wings as soon as the firing stops. Common sense tells me there would be a long smoke trail for the duration of the gunfire.

All smoke-like effects now are under constructon and they are being migrated to DX11, so, I think , we will have them reworked.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Will the Start up sequence be updated. Since having worked with a buddy that maintains them, he said it is a bit off..

Also will the sounds be improved to better represent a Merlin. Might just be me, but it sound a bit like a cessna.

Gun smoke improvements is great to hear.

Thank you for continuing to work on this lovely machine.

487th Squadron

Section Leader

Also will the sounds be improved to better represent a Merlin. Might just be me, but it sound a bit like a cessna.

IIRC, Yo-Yo specifically made recordings of the Fighter Collection's real P-51 for our sim. It may not sound exactly like a real P-51 under all conditions, due to the difficulties of incorporating recordings into a digital simulation (you can't simply record an airplane and throw in the recording and have it sound right under different conditions), but it doesn't sound anything like a Cessna. Not being a sound engineer myself, I don't know that it's as good as you could possibly get on a PC, but our P-51 sounds pretty damn good to me.

Will the Start up sequence be updated. Since having worked with a buddy that maintains them, he said it is a bit off..

Here's an except from the "Horsemen Fly DCS P-51" thread:

none of the real pilots that we had try the sim (other than Nick Grey) could get the aircraft started. This is because, in most modern P-51s, the rear fuselage fuel tank has been removed. The Fuel cutoff valve is then removed ("it's just something else to go wrong") and the rear fuselage tank position is used as the fuel cut off position on the fuel selector.

(That said, there are some things that are not yet in the sim, although I believe Yo-Yo has plans ...)

Edited by Echo38

IIRC, Yo-Yo specifically made recordings of the Fighter Collection's real P-51 for our sim. It may not sound exactly like a real P-51 under all conditions, due to the difficulties of incorporating recordings into a digital simulation (you can't simply record an airplane and throw in the recording and have it sound right under different conditions), but it doesn't sound anything like a Cessna. Not being a sound engineer myself, I don't know that it's as good as you could possibly get on a PC, but our P-51 sounds pretty damn good to me.

Here's an except from the "Horsemen Fly DCS P-51" thread:

(That said, there are some things that are not yet in the sim, although I believe Yo-Yo has plans ...)

Indeed, it was quite interesting that in pretty much all cases, the pilots never looked at the fuel shut off valve or the battery & generator switched either... We had Stevo Hinton (6 time Reno Air Race World Champion) trying to start the Stang and he just couldn't get her going. Alls we heard from behind was the booming voice of Stephen Grey "Come on Boy! It's stock cockpit - You should know better than that!"

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

Indeed, it was quite interesting that in pretty much all cases, the pilots never looked at the fuel shut off valve or the battery & generator switched either... We had Stevo Hinton (6 time Reno Air Race World Champion) trying to start the Stang and he just couldn't get her going. Alls we heard from behind was the booming voice of Stephen Grey "Come on Boy! It's stock cockpit - You should know better than that!"

Granted that was sheer comic genuis from "The Boss"

Pman