F15c standalone eta and stage

vu733gt

Dear pilots, ive been checking dcs forums frequently last months, but i may miss some info about this jet. I think last update was about internal beta. So guys, do you know something? on the other hand, im going to buy new pc to full enjoy of dcs, 4770k and 280x will be enough for new map? thanks for reply. Vlad.

the F-15C will be available probably with the upcoming 1.2.7 patch

and if we lucky enough by the end of this week

so stay tuned

the F-15C will have the same amount of detail as the SU-25A and the A10-A

That means no clickable cockpits but a brand new AFM-ADVANCED FLIGHT MODEL for this aircraft

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

heres a recent video of the AFM example

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

In lay mans terms , what exactly will be the difference between the original F-15C and AFM F-15C ..... what exactly is AFM please ?

Thanks in advance .

AFM == Advanced Flight Model.

The FC3 F15C and the standalone module will be exactly the same. If you already own FC3 no purchase is necessary, the FC3 module will get the AFM update.

Basically its for people (like myself) who want to fly the F15 but dont want to purchase FC3 to do so.

so stay tuned

That means no clickable cockpits but a brand new AFM-ADVANCED FLIGHT MODEL for this aircraft

This is just your guess work. There is no official release date for the AFM and the module.

This is just your guess work. There is no official release date for the AFM and the module.

correct

In lay mans terms , what exactly will be the difference between the original F-15C and AFM F-15C ..... what exactly is AFM please ?

Thanks in advance .

Vanja and IP are correct on the definition, but, if you have FC3, for a practical demonstration, compare the SU25A with the F15C, particularly in high-AoA flight, landing, spin departures etc. You will notice that the F-15 feels a lot more scripted, it always seems to depart in the same way, it is a lot more predictable if you get the landing a bit Pete Tong...

In comparison, the Su25 moves more smoothly between modes of flight (i.e. there is no magic switch that says "spin = on") and has an awful lot more subtlety to the flight model, for example being able to pick up on early (and subtle) stall cues and react to them properly.

Now what complications will arise when you throw supersonic flight into the mix, I don't know, but it will definitely improve* the feel of the flight model no end.....

Cheers,

Jamie

*as against reality, so it will no doubt make it harder....

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

so stay tuned

I'm sure skouras is basing his HO on release from the post that was made earlier this month, but then yanked within 24 hours. But yeah Vanja...this is guess work.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

As far as I know, going supersonic shouldn't have any effect on the way the aircraft 'handles'.

I can't wait until we get an A-10C level F-15C. Think I'm just going to be dissapointed with the avoincs in the flaming cliffs version still.

I don't fly the A-10A for the same reason.

Clickable cockpits are the future.

As far as I know, going supersonic shouldn't have any effect on the way the aircraft 'handles'.

I was thinking more of the passing through the transsonic speed range (~0.85 - 1.2 Mach), where you will get varying amounts of separation of airflow which, at a very basic level, must at least have some impact in the form of buffeting, even though 'old school' problems like Mach Tuck (demonstrable in the SU25) are probably not an issue for the F-15. However I am neither an F-15 driver nor an aerospace engineer, therefore I can't state with absolute certainty what the effect will be.

I can't wait until we get an A-10C level F-15C. Think I'm just going to be dissapointed with the avoincs in the flaming cliffs version still.

I don't fly the A-10A for the same reason.

Clickable cockpits are the future.

True, but bird in hand and all that...

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

This is true up to a certain point. New players will be intimidated by the vast amount of clicky buttons that they will more easily give up. True, I love the clicky buttons in my KA but on the other hand I sometimes like the simplicity of FC3 flights. True the FM are not as advanced as the DCS titles but this is a good transition game.

From arcade style to full realism flight sims as DCS is.

The next step for sims is indeed what DCS is doing. But only us hardcore simmers will truly see the beauty of it.

Say what you will about the 'simple arcady' FC3, but if you want people to start enjoying flight sims, this is a good way to start. Not to complicated, but complicated enough to keep it challenging for the newer players.

Sorry to drag this old topic out of the mud again...

• ED Team

The good news is that we have a F-15 pilot taking a very active role in helping us get the F-15C AFM just right. With his help, we are making great strides that we would not have made otherwise. The bad news is that with his input, we have identified several more areas that need adjustment, and that has required more time than we originally estimated. Once we and he are happy with it, it will be released soon afterwards.

If you're accelerating straight through, your only indication is the needle moving. If you're pulling g's, things change a little.

I was thinking more of the passing through the transsonic speed range (~0.85 - 1.2 Mach), where you will get varying amounts of separation of airflow which, at a very basic level, must at least have some impact in the form of buffeting, even though 'old school' problems like Mach Tuck (demonstrable in the SU25) are probably not an issue for the F-15.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The good news is that we have a F-15 pilot taking a very active role in helping us get the F-15C AFM just right. With his help, we are making great strides that we would not have made otherwise. The bad news is that with his input, we have identified several more areas that need adjustment, and that has required more time than we originally estimated. Once we and he are happy with it, it will be released soon afterwards.

How about Su-27? Will it be released at the same time as F15C?

Is the adjustment for AFM engine or F15C only?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

If you're accelerating straight through, your only indication is the needle moving. If you're pulling g's, things change a little.

In which case my assumption that supersonic flight would introduce new complications not seen in the SU25 AFM was right, even if my aerodynamics was a little off....

:thumbup:

I'm no expert, but from looking (At some point, not right now) at the OWS page and having read a couple things about the CAS schedule, you can have an airflow transition around the transsonic region where you can go from more g to less g and vice versa - not sure about AoA, but in terms of G the OWS will scream at you at lower g levels around the mach.

Pilots have described flying through the mach in those aircraft as pretty uneventful. What kicks you in the pants is engaging the AB :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

While I was looking forward to trying out the F-15C AFM, I am more than happy to wait awhile until it is good enough to satisfy a real F-15 pilot. I can't wait to fly the end result.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I fail to see the bad news. thinking that we are gonna have a flight model that an f15 qualifies as accurate is nothing but amazing new to me!.

on the other hand, some info on the progress of the su-27 afm would be appreciated.

Couldn't agree more.... not only about the su-27, but about all other modules under development.... ED's main issue is the lack of information updates about their new developments IMO...

:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

I was thinking more of the passing through the transsonic speed range (~0.85 - 1.2 Mach), where you will get varying amounts of separation of airflow which, at a very basic level, must at least have some impact in the form of buffeting, even though 'old school' problems like Mach Tuck (demonstrable in the SU25) are probably not an issue for the F-15. However I am neither an F-15 driver nor an aerospace engineer, therefore I can't state with absolute certainty what the effect will be.

I just finished a book called "Supercarrier: An Inside Account of Life Aboard the World's Most Powerful Ship, the USS John F. Kennedy", ISBN: 978-0026301206.

Towards the end the author is taken on a ride in an F-14 and describes the event pretty much uneventful. About the only thing that was noticeable is that the airplane shivered a bit while making the transition. I don't imagine the F-15 or any other airplane being all that different, but as far as handling goes, I would expect it to behave similar to what we have now. Low roll authority at supersonic and about the same pitch authority in subsonic and supersonic flight.

But same as you, I'm just speculating based on what I know from reading.

Edited by kk0425