looking for fellow helicopter pilots to fly online

hannibal

im currently building a set of helicopter controls, and looking for fly often with anyone who fly helicopters in DCS.

the more popular servers tend to be plane oriented...

just tell me what are the more popular helicopter DCS servers, or clans, or squadrons

i am in North America East Coast EST

thanks..!!! :)

how my helicopter controls are coming out btw..

full-11822-69732-img_0019.jpg

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Depends on the type of flying you are looking for. If you want to just fly around with others (non-combat), I recommend the Virtual Aerobatic Public server. We have a large number of helo pilots there and have a good number of Hueys, Ka-50s and Mi-8s available to fly.

Depends on the type of flying you are looking for. If you want to just fly around with others (non-combat), I recommend the Virtual Aerobatic Public server. We have a large number of helo pilots there and have a good number of Hueys, Ka-50s and Mi-8s available to fly.

I just want to fly casually, maybe just for flying, doing coop missions, or multiplayer sorties, im up for training.. i have both Ka50 and UH-1H, im debating on getting Mi-8..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

You are always welcome on our server, a lot of our members fly helicopters. I fly the KA-50 exclusively. Hope to see you.

Asrock Z87 Extreme 4, I5 4670K 4.10 GHZ, 550LC Watercooler, , EVGA NVIDA GTX 980ti, Corsair 500 GB SSD, 16 GB 2133 Ram. X52 Pro, Warthog & Pro Combat Pedals. Epson 96W projector 100" screen, 27" touchscreen with Helios

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
flew UH-1H for first time with my setup...

I AM WONDER WHERE ALL THE HELI PILOTS ARE!

This one is grounded due to poor low level optimisation.

Good luck with your rig.

(Free speech is a given right, but don't be dumb enough to actually try it)

• Like 1

Im most of the time on virtual aerobatics server.

I guess here are the most heli guys on open servers.

Would be very nice to have a "home" for all the huey,mi8 and shark freaks out there. I guess there are not so many people who wants to fly huey, mi8 coop missions only. Like transport, sar and stuff like this without the fc3 deathmatch ähh thing.

I guess we need to organize us :-)

:matrix: =SPEED IS LIFE=:matrix:

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/speed-is-life.html

I guess there are not so many people who wants to fly huey, mi8 coop missions only. Like transport, sar and stuff like this without the fc3 deathmatch ähh thing.

I guess we need to organize us :-)

On the contrary, you'll find the C Company 229th guys online at least 3-4 nights per week (A Coy is mostly US, B Coy is Europe, C Coy is AU / NZ) and we're constantly flying the UH-1 in co-op multiplayer. Anybody over 18 is welcome to join our Teamspeak server and come fly with us --> 229th

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the contrary, you'll find the C Company 229th guys online at least 3-4 nights per week (A Coy is mostly US, B Coy is Europe, C Coy is AU / NZ) and we're constantly flying the UH-1 in co-op multiplayer. Anybody is welcome to join our Teamspeak server and come fly with us --> 229th

Not trying to talk over you Highway, but lets say "Anybody - who is mature" are welcome

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

As you may conclude from your limited response's, there does not appear to be that many hi fidelity flyers around at the moment. Most appear to have returned to other platforms for there flight simulator experiences. I remain optimistic that this will change in the near future and DCS will regain its status as a flight simulator once again and not just a combat simulator. The FC3 death match thing seems to be predominant at the moment and that's a shame for procedural aviation enthusiasts :(

flew UH-1H for first time with my setup...

i go online, i mainly see ppl on eno's firehouse, the s77th server... I AM WONDER WHERE ALL THE HELI PILOTS ARE!

I can't speak for any others, but myself and a friend who both flew the Ka-50 exclusively, have left DCSW on the back burner for the simple reasons of:

Frustration of trying to learn systems that more often than not were just not working anyway.

Spending countless hours trying to keep game running at decent frame rates in low altitude situations and at a reasonable fidelity of visuals after just about every patch made the game run worse.

Spending even more countless hours, modifying and testing all types of missions so they continued to work with newer revisions of DCSW.

Dealing with multiple disconnects on Multiplayer servers, either in the first few minutes of powering up aircraft, or especially after spending quite some time in a mission and doing the objectives only to be disconnected again.

I myself look forward to the day that Eagle Dynamics finally, make the DCS series a stable and polished product that is once was.

The additions they have implemented are much appreciated, but it is no good having eye candy with out the substance of decent frame rates, controllable aircraft and a stable system with multiplayer.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

DCS W esp the Belsimtek products are simpy amazing products and makes so much fun in SINGLEPLAYER. Good performance and most of the time stable and well working.

But the MP is simply so damn frustrating and i completly understand what maddog wants to say.

You connect to a server, start your aircraft= disconnect

start your aircraft, fly to waypoint, someone crashes into the ground or join the server/take a slot= massive lag of 30 sec=crash

ok you find a server nice mission, with only 2 or 3 people; you make a nice huey coop action= bäm server crash after 50min

ok you see a nice huey mission with 2 people= server closed

ok you see a nice mi8 mission with 2 people= server closed

and back to SP...

:matrix: =SPEED IS LIFE=:matrix:

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/speed-is-life.html

If you're still looking for helicopter wing-men, there's at least 4 of us who fly the Ka-50 in our group now, and most of our missions have slots for the Black Shark and/or Mi-8, now (no Huey slots yet).

Two of us are fairly new and trying to master it, so we're on the server and flying the Ka-50 more weeknights than not, right now.

Feel free to look us up.

• 2 weeks later...
DCS W esp the Belsimtek products are simpy amazing products and makes so much fun in SINGLEPLAYER. Good performance and most of the time stable and well working.

But the MP is simply so damn frustrating and i completly understand what maddog wants to say.

You connect to a server, start your aircraft= disconnect

start your aircraft, fly to waypoint, someone crashes into the ground or join the server/take a slot= massive lag of 30 sec=crash

ok you find a server nice mission, with only 2 or 3 people; you make a nice huey coop action= bäm server crash after 50min

ok you see a nice huey mission with 2 people= server closed

ok you see a nice mi8 mission with 2 people= server closed

and back to SP...

We've found that keeping missions limited to a couple of flyable airframes ( mostly helicopters for our part ) dramatically increases stability, especially in the 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 beta. We very rarely get disconnects any more as a group and for example, last weekend C Coy flew 4-6 ship co-op UH-1 missions for over 8 hours with single individual sorties lasting up to 2 hours on our dedicated AU server.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am always down to fly the UH-1 but there is hardly anybody on these days .

Most time is spent flying Harbour Tour...Too many locked servers with too many people trying to tell others how to fly because they are a supposed RL pilot or groups trying too hard to be legit with name plates/ribbons/ranks ^ that is the reason why I quickly lost interest in 229..So if you are down for some actual flying short/long multiple hops etc. hit me up !