New 1.2.7 beta

ebabil

I have enjoyed the AI job a lot. Still need to underesand their habbits now, meaning which is the range they are acting, how they are chossing targets an so on. Any hint is welcome .

One more thing that I observed is that Huey seems some more friendy and responsives in controlling... in a good way. Can this be related to update of DCS FFB issue? Was that related to other things?

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Thanks for the reply EvilBivol

I was trying to close the hints but keep the gunner status panel active, is it possible I could not get it to work that way ?

No, you're right, LCTRL+LSHIFT+H currently turns off ALL hint displays, so there is no way to keep just the Crew Status indicator. Will be fixed so the two commands control each indicator separately.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Did you copy your input settings from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 openbeta?

The new settings for the UH-1H in 1.2.7 require that you start with a clean input config.

Deleting the settings folder should resolve this issue: C:\Users\ < your user name> \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\UH-1H

• Like 1

^ Thank you very much it worked. I can now see the Gunner AI Panel under UH-1H Sim layer. C:

I didn't copy input settings over from my 1.2.6 though but I guess when installing the module from the 1.2.7 module manager it did something like that. However I'm not sure if I'm the only guy that had this problem.

Anyway testing the AI in practice now.

how do i have to setup the flare system panel so i can drop flare ?

Just by clicking on the pannel i mean

Make sure flares have been equipped in the payload settings of the mission editor.

- Arm the flare system using the switch. The ARM light will turn green.

- Press the button labeled FLARE DISPENSE to dispense one set of two flares.

To track the number of remaining flares, use the rotary to set the number of equipped flares. The maximum value is 30 (pairs).

Each time you press the dispense flare button, the counter will decrease.

Using the DISP CONT switch appears to expend all remaining flares at once.

attachment.php?attachmentid=91748&d=1387458140

Screen_131219_135924.thumb.jpg.8cfa44dffb197076eb039029bce71b19.jpg

Edited by ALDEGA

I made the mistake of copying input files:doh: Deleted them it all works as it should:)

This really is making it feel like christmas coming early. Wonder if my wife will give me my replacement rudder pedals early too:xmas:

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make sure flares have been equipped in the payload settings of the mission editor.

- Arm the flare system using the switch. The ARM light will turn green.

- Press the button labeled FLARE DISPENSE to dispense one set of two flares.

To track the number of remaining flares, use the rotary to set the number of equipped flares. The maximum value is 30 (pairs).

Each time you press the dispense flare button, the counter will decrease.

Using the DISP CONT switch appears to expend all remaining flares at once.

attachment.php?attachmentid=91748&d=1387458140

• ED Team
No, you're right, LCTRL+LSHIFT+H currently turns off ALL hint displays, so there is no way to keep just the Crew Status indicator. Will be fixed so the two commands control each indicator separately.

Thanks for the reply

Keep up the good work, the Huey is turning into a must have Helicopter for DCS :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Have you tried to assign mouse axis in UH-1H gunner options. Are you using track ir ? I had trouble with door gunners while using it. Had to aim guns with my head:cry:

On another front, I have spend a quite a few hours making a Huey JTAC mission against an insurgent OPFOR. The AI now hammer the targets before I get clearance.

Constant ABORT ABORT ABORT you do not have permission:megalol:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stunning update EB, only had a chance for a very very quick flight, but I'm certainly impressed by what I've seen and I've only started my Huey Module, can't wait to try the MI8 as well when I get a few mins. :)

Keep up the stunning work, you have a customer for life here.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Yes thanks for the great 1.2.7 patch.

I'm having an issue where I can't assign a joystick button to the huey flare. It's greyed out for my joystick and only available to the rudder input :(

Only LCtrL-C works.

Any ideas why? and no I did not copy over the joystick and keyboard assignments from 1.2.6

Left door gunner impact point is way low from the sight (i'm sure its just a minor numerical adjustment)

Ok found the problem, its the gunners head position is incorrect.

In your Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1h\Cockpit\Scripts\Devices_specs\WeaponSystem.lua

Line 44 -- pivot = {-0.121377, -0.1820260, -1.514663},

change to read -- pivot = {-0.121377, -0.138260, -1.514663},

This will place the gunners head in the proper position for using the gun

Has anyone else tried the HueyDrop mission with door gunners?

THATS the way it was meant to be played :D

Was a little bit frustrating. Didn't even need to deploy the 11 guys in the back.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Ok found the problem, its the gunners head position is incorrect.

In your Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1h\Cockpit\Scripts\Devices_specs\WeaponSystem.lua

Line 44 -- pivot = {-0.121377, -0.1820260, -1.514663},

change to read -- pivot = {-0.121377, -0.138260, -1.514663},

This will place the gunners head in the proper position for using the gun

Could you post this at the OpenBeta forum?

Have you tried to assign mouse axis in UH-1H gunner options. Are you using track ir ? I had trouble with door gunners while using it. Had to aim guns with my head:cry:

No, I am not using TrackIR. I haven't played around too much with the new Huey yet. Is it possible to assign a mouse axis to the gunner positions?