Connection Interrupted multiplayer

R1PE

Keep in mind that the message 'connection interupted' can mean many things. It seems to be a very standard message. The reason behind it can be very standard to complete coincidence.

- Just a disco

- Kicked by players

- Kicked by admin

- kicked by extra server sofware with ping detection (some are set to max 150/200 ping)

- Perhaps you jumped on a server that initialy wasnt passworded, but no outsiders are wanted.

- Some admins just have fun in kicking people in front of buddys on TS for instance.

- Anyone can start a server so someone starts one up plays a bit and doesn't care about others doing their thing, no message is given regarding shutting down the server.

- A bunch of server suffer from connectionloss (timeout) from the masterserver to have the server listed, the only way after a timeout to get listed again is restarting the server fully, thus: 'connection interupted', the admin doesnt tell you that hes about to restart.

The only other message i saw was 'no masterserver connection'.

It all happens to me too. A good option is finding yourself a group within the DCS community and you'll see that things will smoothen out.

Some servers have TS3 support. Get on it and bookmark the server. Even when a nice server is offline or 'de-listed', you can get in something good like that. Multiplay is kind of a workaround atm.

Edited by BRooDJeRo
  • Like 1

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRooDJeRo - These connection issues are widespread even for groups that regularly play together that have never had unstable connections and don't have to deal with immature server admins. This is a legitimate, crippling technical issue, and should not be downplayed. Multiplayer is currently unusable as far as I have seen.

Keep in mind that the message 'connection interupted' can mean many things. It seems to be a very standard message. The reason behind it can be very standard to complete coincidence.

- Just a disco

- Kicked by players

- Kicked by admin

- kicked by extra server sofware with ping detection (some are set to max 150/200 ping)

- Perhaps you jumped on a server that initialy wasnt passworded, but no outsiders are wanted.

- Some admins just have fun in kicking people in front of buddys on TS for instance.

- Anyone can start a server so someone starts one up plays a bit and doesn't care about others doing their thing, no message is given regarding shutting down the server.

- A bunch of server suffer from connectionloss (timeout) from the masterserver to have the server listed, the only way after a timeout to get listed again is restarting the server fully, thus: 'connection interupted', the admin doesnt tell you that hes about to restart.

The only other message i saw was 'no masterserver connection'.

It all happens to me too. A good option is finding yourself a group within the DCS community and you'll see that things will smoothen out.

Some servers have TS3 support. Get on it and bookmark the server. Even when a nice server is offline or 'de-listed', you can get in something good like that. Multiplay is kind of a workaround atm.

i was in a group, we were all having the same problem, we rotated servers from one person to the next, to the next, same for everyone in the group, people would randomly disconnect.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yesterday people entered on my server and disappeared then again appeared and disappeared. Luckily they were able to at least fire 1 missile before next disconnection came.

I heard it is related to the moving units on the map. I had about 130-150 units moving in same time. I stopped them all but nothing changed.

It makes game almost unplayable at all.... it is not fun to play in Single Player... if I hadn't hadn't Internet, perhaps it'd have been... but I have internet and I'd like to use it :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I wonder why ED wont comment on this or the ed testers , their normally not short of a word .

I think its bad form , that they at least dont aknolage this , perhaps say their looking into the issue , that would at least put our minds at ease a little .

If you get "connection interrupt" when trying to access a server you may be banned from that server by servman. Current version of servman does not give a "you are banned" message. So contact the person managing the server to lift your ban, you mostly find the name of hoster in the Multiplayer server thread.

(HJ)

I wonder why ED wont comment on this or the ed testers , their normally not short of a word .

I think its bad form , that they at least dont aknolage this , perhaps say their looking into the issue , that would at least put our minds at ease a little .

Issue has been reported internally to the bug-tracker and is receiving the necessary attention.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If you get "connection interrupt" when trying to access a server you may be banned from that server by servman. Current version of servman does not give a "you are banned" message. So contact the person managing the server to lift your ban, you mostly find the name of hoster in the Multiplayer server thread.

(HJ)

Or you may not :)

Our community use DCS World and no-one banned any-one between us (at date)... but about 2/3 of us suffer of this issue when the server is run in "Internet". Instead, when it's run in "LAN", almost everyone can join the session :).

Also, thanks for the reply Viper :smilewink:

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

If you get "connection interrupt" when trying to access a server you may be banned from that server by servman.

(HJ)

Havn't played for a year but once i started i kept loosing connection from the first game, and not just on one server.. will wait with playing until this is fixed..

Interestingly, I changed my connection speed to ADSL 1024 last night, which I believe matched the host, and I was able to maintain a stable connection for long enough to get in the air and fire a few weapons. Unfortunately, I then got a regular freeze, followed by the master server connection crash when I tried to restart.

Server log might be harder to get, but next time I try it out I'll post my client log. this happened twice to me last night when I was just making sure A-10C worked for me.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

A good help for us would be the client AND server log during such a connection interruption.

If you can obtain both of these, please share them with us in this thread. As already stated by Viper, the deves are aware of the issue.

Thank you Viper and Groove for this feedback. This is the first official reply stating that there's an issue indeed. I've submitted server- and client-logs aboutthese issues two months ago. Even got a reply back that they were indeed helpfull, and then it was like talking to a stone : no-one from ED would reply to any questions on this issue.

Now, since we seem to have your attention, can you comment on this other long-standing issue : "server gets dropped from the masterserverlist eventhough it is still up and running and can be accessed through direct IP." ?

A simple "yes we know about it and are working on it.", or a "No, never heard of that one." will suffice.

If there's anything we can do to help clear these issues (I'll try to submit logs) please do ask. The sooner we solve these, the better.

B

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

(HJ)

Nope , because I can try that server later on and get in .

Im not banned ..... I havent TK'ed anybody ..... so there would be no reason for a ban ..... and the servers I try to join have a low ping for me .

Issue has been reported internally to the bug-tracker and is receiving the necessary attention.

Well , now thats all I wanted to hear . Thanks Viper & Groove .

Thank you for putting my mind at ease :)

Edited by badger66

Nope , because I can try that server later on and get in .

Im not banned ..... I havent TK'ed anybody ..... so there would be no reason for a ban ..... and the servers I try to join have a low ping for me .

The info was not particularly to you badger, just a general information.

Today I tried again, and again multiplayer is UNPLAYABLE. Crashes/disconnects every few minutes.

Hey Skymad,

sorry to see you're suffering from a multiplayer issue too. But you are not providing any information here. We need to get as much info as possible to ED so they can search for the rootcause. That means describing exactly what you're experiencing and exactly when it happened and what you were doing. Also mention which server you were trying to contact and upload your log and crash files. and post your system specs.

B

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Please ED fix this ASAP with high priority, we will appreciate this.

In the squadron we waited till DCS Wolrd was out of beta to make it the official version for flying. We couldn't have any flight since this weekend. We won't be able to use the sim until it's fixed or a work arround is found.

We are getting this connection interrupt problem, even if we have a low ping and hight bandwidth with no package lost connection to the local dedicated server. If it help the missions tried included slots for A-10C, SU-25 and ground vehicles.

The problem is intermitent but frequent and only afect some of the connected pilots. Changing in game options for connecton speed doesn't help.

I will upload log files when I get home.

Edited by JorgeIII

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Ok, I will attach track when this happens again (probably tomorrow).

My specs:

Phenom 955

Gigabyte 870A-UD3

HD6950 1GB with newest official drivers

6GB RAM

Samsung HD502HJ 500GB

XFX Core 550W

Everything runs perfectly, but DCS World. It very often freezes/crashes (dcs.exe stopped working)/"connection interrupted" (this most of the time).

I only play (or at least try...) on servers with low ping, never above 100, usually around 50. Good, stable, 25mbit connection.

Skymad,

no need for a track yet, send in your log-files, they contain information on your connection and what is happening on your computer and maybe even why it crashed. If they need your track, they will ask for it.

B

OK for now I'm providing some screens of my server list and one of my mate is seeing. If you can see in the logs there are more than 30 servers parsed but only 10 visual for me!!!!!!!!

By the way, I'm not able to connect via IP even if the server is definitvly ONLINE!!!!!

So I'm gonna get rid of this :mad:

Edited by Quax456

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2