BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

The_Fragger

BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news  

1605 members have voted

1. 1. BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont't care

Maybe, the museum would help on their own, if they might be offered the opportunity to get a dutch BO-105 to set up a "DCS Flight simulator" with their "own" bird?

ED is offering commercial licenses now.

Just a thought.

A Helicopter flight simulator might be quite an attraction.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Maybe, the museum would help on their own, if they might be offered the opportunity to get a dutch BO-105 to set up a "DCS Flight simulator" with their "own" bird?

ED is offering commercial licenses now.

Just a thought.

A Helicopter flight simulator might be quite an attraction.

Yeah, they already have several simulators in the Xplore Room (or whatever its called hehe, but these are very basic, more for kids). In the past they had two F-16 cockpit sims with the Aerosoft F-16 in FSX. But we could not locate them in the new museum.

There was also another simulator (not working while we were there), with probably full motion (probably even loopings) technique.

The musuem will also host a flightsimulator weekend once a year.

So yes, lots of possibilities for DCS Bo-015 Sim there. (What about a Sabre Sim? hehe. The skin of the Wolfhound Sabre standing outside, is almost done by one of our members for DCS)

18bingo-604-0-16122014-222603.JPG

<==DCS Flaming Cliffs 3: Operation Grand Slam

<==Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Tribute

Yeah, they already have several simulators in the Xplore Room (or whatever its called hehe, but these are very basic, more for kids). In the past they had two F-16 cockpit sims with the Aerosoft F-16 in FSX. But we could not locate them in the new museum.

There was also another simulator (not working while we were there), with probably full motion (probably even loopings) technique.

The musuem will also host a flightsimulator weekend once a year.

So yes, lots of possibilities for DCS Bo-015 Sim there. (What about a Sabre Sim? hehe. The skin of the Wolfhound Sabre standing outside, is almost done by one of our members for DCS)

Thanx a bunch Slamrram.:thumbup: Thanx for your effort !

Looks like I have to do a second cockpit -> new gauges and glaresshildshape. But after all the gauges looks to me like they're also in the civil version. So after all I have to do them though.

For the minigun, I also need to know if they use it with the optics or with a MFD. A lot of questions open...

Edited by The_Fragger
spelling :)
  • Like 1

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Amazing work,

I have just one remark, the seemingly too low polycount of the cockpit frame/pilon on the right of the screenshot from your video.

Polychop-BO150.jpeg

The dark edge of that volume is probably almost always silhouetted right next to a brighter exterior, which is distracting. I assume it is meant to be a smooth curve.

Is it possible to up the polycount in this local area, or would it mess up your model, increase overall polycount too much?

Regards.

Edited by RabidRider

is that polycount such an issue for you? I really wonder myself why people become so demanding on such small issues. This is not about an eagle eye but more about emphasys.

At this project phase is not worthing to concentrate on insignificant details.

• Like 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Just looking at things from a modeling perspective and wanting to make things better. I'm guessing this could be done without any fps penalty. And I will purchase regardless. Again, it was a small detail, remark. No worries.

I'm already at 165.000 triangles and I'm forced to tweak here and there.

ED is suggesting 100.000 triangles and I think I shouldn't overdo it too much ;)

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

I'm already at 165.000 triangles and I'm forced to tweak here and there.

ED is suggesting 100.000 triangles and I think I shouldn't overdo it too much ;)

Really? The A-10C cockpit is over 205,000 triangles, the MiG-21bis is over 282,000. 100,000 seems like nothing. :D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Depends on the hardware.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Yeah, but regardless of the hardware it has much less performance than any other module. So while it may not completely slaughter performance (I can fly it fine, for example, but more than 10x time warp makes the game stutter quite a bit) it has a significant impact.

So if there is a possibility to make a module like the Bo-105 look nice and perform nicely without causing as much stutter as the MiG-21 does I'd say go for it.

There must be a reason why ED tells developers to aim for less than 100.000 polygons. May be they have more experience with "their" Sim than anybody else? :D

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

But is that for the SIM as it is or will we be looking at more polygons for DCS 2.0?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

From what I've experienced in DCS until today it is always a balance between usage of resources. One can have a highly detailed hundreds of thousands polygon cockpit, or a hundreds of thousands of objects on the map with high details and civilian traffic, or a highly detailed AI objects, ultra precise and detailed weather environment, etc.

The problem is to have all together in one Sim you need to tweak and balance the available resources between tasks.

So when I look at current videos of DCS2.0 / EDGE what I see first is tremendous increase in detail, more objects on the map etc. My guess is, it is best practice to aim for a reasonable amount of polygons and/or detail in the cockpit, as the less resources you need to render the pit, the more resources can render map objects, AI planes, vehicles and all the other parts that make a good Sim.

So for me, I can easily live with a "bit" less detail in some corner of the pit and would prefer steady 30-60 frames even in a brigade level armor attack on Las Vegas central including CAS and air cover without as much as a stutter.

If EDGE free lots of ressources, use them wisely...

Shagrat

There must be a reason why ED tells developers to aim for less than 100.000 polygons. May be they have more experience with "their" Sim than anybody else? :D

Well... A-10C cockpit is older now and still has 200 000+ triangles it seems and this could mean above 100 000 polygons for a model several years old. I would expect that newer models will have more budget. DCS World 2.0 will move a lot of work to VGA card and newest cards are also quite faster than the top 2-3 years ago.

ifWRXNr.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I would still prefer more AI objects and maybe auto generated air traffic, very detailed ground features, rather than having "perfectly round switches" when you look veeeery close at them in cockpit.

If you could render the TGP MFCDs in the A-10C in 1024 or higher resolution, maybe add a real, separate Infrared heat map and objects in parallel or get perfect round and detailed cockpits, I would definitely chose to invest the new performance in the IR heat map or more ground detail...

In my opinion the cockpits already are stunning.

The 100.000 polygon was not necessarily a limit, as I understood. More like a recommendation?

Shagrat

Does anyone know the polygon count in the Huey or Sabre cockpit?

I may be wrong but It's about 208.000 Triangles.

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Some tweaking on the textures of the cockpit model.

In the weekend I continue texturing the external model.

- Adding the Flashlight

- re-vamping cables

- applying the camouflage texture to the doors

Screenshots will follow.

Thanks all for your patience

1.thumb.jpg.9d11099910000bdd5a57c4ccbc566bc2.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.30690132dd27bf5855e2d304ea2b9935.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.617257d1a735ccd06d79c15af61e4148.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.790b175883f463327cc7cb43acfa5cbc.jpg

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Looks great, nice work! :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Thank YOU for the great work! If not for people / 3rd Parties like you guys, we would by now have maybe 2 Helicopters and 2 to 3 planes (excluding FC3 here).

It is the work of enthusiasts who make this Sim shine...

Shagrat