DCS WW2 1944 Silhouette Chart

Hi there

After a chatting on mp server, I tried to do this ID chart to help all players that have difficulties to identify correctly the planes.

Isn't nothing of tecnical or professional, but is just little things that I use to identify the planes quickly.

I hope that could help you (and maybe prevent a TK ;) )

DzzHfbm.jpg

Edited by PorcoRosso86
  • Like 6

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Hi there

After a chatting on mp server, I tried to do this ID chart to help all players that have difficulties to identify correctly the planes.

Isn't nothing of tecnical or professional, but is just little things that I use to identify the planes quickly.

I hope that could help you (and maybe prevent a TK ;) )

vNoxE0f.jpg

Very nice! Can I have your permission to put it in my cockpit?

Please share the method you used.

I like this!

We need these for ALL aircraft cockpits and All aircraft silhouettes!

+1000

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

if you want I can give you the file.

Yes please.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Should have added one big dark circle to the Spitfire facing you! You DCS players have got to know what I mean!

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One small error, you used a Spitfire Mk. XIV rather than a Mk. IX. I would also remove the propeller blades from the front view, they are a little distracting and you don't see them when you're flying.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

One small error, you used a Spitfire Mk. XIV rather than a Mk. IX. I would also remove the propeller blades from the front view, they are a little distracting and you don't see them when you're flying.

Yep I just saw now, also you can see the covers above the bonnet also! Thanks for the hint, will be modify!

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Hey can you add the P-47D-30 :).

By the way, I think you accidentally added the Spitfire Mk. XIV instead of the Mk. IX. There is 5 blade prop, instead of a 3 blade prop. The tail of your spitfire is also off from a Spitfire Mk. IX.

Edit: Just realized that there was a second page with people already mentioning the error.

• 3 years later...
On 16/8/2017 at 2:35 PM, PorcoRosso86 said:

Hi there

I hope that could help you (and maybe prevent a TK 😉 )

DzzHfbm.jpg

Hi Porcorosso, could You pls update with the new aircraft Your wonderful chart? 😉