Rudder Curve

uist1

I'm using the same curve as I use in my P-51D,which is 20,but these curve values are quite personal,your best bet is to experiment,and do this gradually so you can get the chance to see any benefit.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Is this like irl?

Nick Grey commented something about that in the P-47 Live by Philstyle. He said usually commercial simming pedals are short of movement compared to RL counterparts, so a curve is recommended in every Warbird. Anyway, it should be a personal choice depending on your hardware and taste.

I personally should add, it's not only the short movement, usual (not all of them, but usually) rudder pedals IRL are really tough to move so you don't overcommand. That's quite a difference with commercial simming rudder pedals, so a curve is almost a must.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

After many hours of flight in the P-47D I've changed my rudder curve to 25,in fact I'm now using 25 on Pitch and Roll too,with a deadzone of 1 for each,just to take up any slight slack that might be there from within my hardware.

These changes have really made the difference to me,I'm using 50% fuel in the tank on every flight,just so I can gauge the differences a little better each time I fly,so I've basically got the same set up on every flight.The aircraft now is very balanced,I should add these test flights are all with the aircraft trimmed out and operating the engine manifold at the respective 42 inches and RPM at 2550.

The hardware I'm using is a TM Warthog combo and MFG Crosswind rudder pedals.

Again,I hasten to add,what might work for me might not work for everyone else,but I truly believe these inputs create a good base to start with.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I don't use curves on any of my other fighters; but I found it impossible achieve precise manoeuvering with the P-47. Now I have set curves for pitch, roll and rudder to 18% and I can finally defeat the Focke-Wulf.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I added a curve of 20 on the rudder. What a difference for the better!

Based on this thread, I gave it a whirl too.... a 20 curve on the rudder indeed helps! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I had to apply a curve of 20 to the toe brakes as well to help me from ground looping, far easier to taxi now!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Just tried it and it loads easier. Thx for the tip :thumbup: