The Enemy Within SP Campaign FULL for A10C

THE CAMPAIGN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, GOING THROUGH AN UPGRADE AND WILL BE RELEASED AS AN OFFICIAL DLC. MORE DETAILS COMING SOON

This is a full version of 18-mission, story driven campaign taking place in 2015 in Georgia. A squad of A10s is sent to Kobuleti by NATO in order to help the Georgian government tackle the rising terrorist threat...

dl9e.png

THE STORY SO FAR

Fall 2014

Georgia is granted NATO Membership Action Plan at the summit in Wales.

November 2014

Russian Ambassador to NATO, Aleksandr Grushko, warns that any expansion of the Alliance to the East will be seen as a direct threat to Russia.

Suicide bomber kills 45 people and wounds 112 during a concert in Freedom Square in Tblisi. A previously unknown organisation calling itself 'Caucaus Liberation Army (CLA)' claims responsibility for the attack.

December 2014

Two bombs explode during a friendly football match between Georgia and Armenia in Tblisi, attended by the presidents of both nations. 24 people are killed, at least 50 wounded. CLA warns that this is just the beginning of their campaign, though refuses to state its goals.

January 2015

Russia strengthens its forces in North Caucasus in response to the "imminent terrorist threat", claiming links between CLA and the Caucasus Emirate.

A few rockets are shot at Georgian military base in the north of the country. 3 soldiers are wounded.

February 2015

Another two CLA attacks claim lives of 25 people. Georgian authorities ask NATO for assistance.

March 2015

Georgian Mi8 is shot down in the mountains north of Tblisi. Georgian military claims that the terrorists are establishing bases near the border with Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Border Police arrests more than 100 illegal immigrants trying to enter the country from Azerbaijan, Russia and Armenia, some of them of Lebanese origin, many carrying weapons and explosives.

Without official NATO decision being taken, US President decides to support the Georgians with the squadron of A10C's from the 74th Flying Tigers. 8 planes are scheduled to land in Kobuleti Airbase on March 29th.

*** see posts #2 and #3 for background information and additional data ***

THE ENEMY WITHIN WEBPAGE (designed and created by Blooze) - with preview of the campaign and briefings for all 18 missions.

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you may have played the previous version of the first part of this campaign released back in May 2014. Upon receiving very positive and encouraging comments I decided to extend it and make it even better. So, Peter Jackson style, after having completed 99% of the work, I have decided to release it in two parts. The one currently available for download contains original missions 1-7, however much changed and redesigned, with added human-made voiceovers (instead of text to speech ones), rewritten dialogues and fixed bugs (hopefully). The reason to divide the campaign is simple - those who want just to play missions 8-18 or want to get a whole campaign in one piece have to wait another week (I will release the whole thing by Sunday, 1st of March the latest). Those who want to get a taste or see what has changed, can do so now.

In this campaign, player lands in Georgia as a part of small US Air Force detachment. The campaign is focused on realism and does not involve huge air or land battles - the main enemy being lightly armed terrorists and insurgents. However it offers a total of 18 varied missions with a continuous storyline and evolving situation.

The difficulty level is not very high and campaign is linear (with exception of two moments where it temporarily branches depending on the outcome of previous missions). It is not about very intense combat, as the main threat are terrorists and insurgents - but definitely can be challenging at times. It should give you around 25-30 hours of fun in total, depending on your style of playing.

NOTES:

1. as part of realism setting, I am using "radio transmit" instead of "message to.." system within the missions. The difference is that unless you don't have your radio tuned in to correct frequency (and you are in range, which is important in some of the missions), you won't hear your orders!

2. It is important that you land after each mission, as upon getting back to base you will see a short debriefing while still in the pit, based on your performance during the missions and supplementing the background information you will get in the briefings.

3. Abilities needed to successfully finish the campaign include: ability to create waypoints based on bullseye calls and ability to locate air assets called out by AWACS, some proficiency in low-level flying in bad weather would also be useful. And finally - ability to follow orders and given waypoints (many of the occurences are dependent on player being in a specific trigger zone, so if you tend to fly your own way you might miss a lot of things or be unable to finish the mission). But hey, in real life pilots DO follow their flight plans. So should you.

4. In some of the missions you are required to push the action forward by 'other' radio comms menu (F10) - you will get a message about it whenever it happens.

Thanks to kindness of many people (see post #3) we ended up with a total of around 450 lines of dialogue with full voiceovers.

Please report any questions / issues / bugs here or via PM.

AND FINALLY...

I know that ED offers an option to sell the campaign as full-standing products. I chose to release this one for free hoping that you will have as much fun playing it as I had preparing the campaign. However, if you really liked it and you feel that you want to do something more than just saying "thank you" in this forum (which I will appreciate), feel free to click this link and express your feelings in a more hm.. concrete way. This is completely voluntary but will help me keep going with further missions and campaigns, and will also help me persuade my dear wife (who was very supportive during the whole process) that spending so much time in mission editor can bring some visible results ;)

Edited by baltic_dragon

And finally, the credits. I've almost completed these and then my PC went down so I have to re-write it once again, but here we go:

VOICEOVERS

Ed Forums: IADC (lots of work on player's voice), Habu_69 (another part of player's voiceovers and very nice ideas about how the military brevity should really sound), Blooze (who will reappear elsewhere in credits, great Overlord voiceovers), Phantom_Mark (who joined at the final stage, but still appears in three missions as a very good wingman), Shane45 (319th represent, lots of help with Overlord), Joyride (mostly JTAC and wingman), CAMERAMAN (if you hear a male voice of helo pilot, that will be him).

United Operations Forums: asaliotos (mainly Georgian contacts), Lexi (first wingma'am you will speak to in mission 1), ghostdog (as player's wingman), SealHammer (JTAC / ground units), Hooves (Overlord in mission 1).

VAC (Voice Acting Community Forums):

Bret Newton (http://www.bretnewton.com) - Israeli pilot shot down in "Leave no Man Behind" and Axeman in "Operation Thunderstorm"

Caitlin Buckley (caitlinva.wordpress.com) - if you hear a female helicopter pilot, that's her!

Sam (samnuell@att.net) - Overlord in many missions

Others: Derpstep from 319th, my brother in law Daniel (first voiceover to be heard in the campaign), Eli (Colt 1-1), Jan (Russian accent in "Training before the final blow").

If I omitted anyone - I apologize and please do let me know!

I would like to dedicate this campaign to the memory of Monty Oum.

TESTING AND OTHER HELP

First of all, many thanks again to Blooze , who re-mastered all the voiceovers for the mission (yes, all 430+ of them), provided me with interesting sound files to work with and took part in beta testing of the campaign. It wouldn't be the same without you!

Many thanks to Yurgon, who spent hours on testing the missions (sometimes a few times in the row), gave me lots of ideas, squashed many bugs and corrected my English.

Also, many thanks to Havoc175, who also gave me many interesting ideas while beta-testing the campaign.

Same goes for harm_ and ttaylor0224.

Well, enjoy!

Edited by baltic_dragon

Can't wait to fly this one.

Thx Baltic_Dragon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

Wooohoo, I've been waiting for this one.

Thanks!

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Having test-flown most of the campaign already, I can easily say it's among my all-time favorite campaigns in DCS, Baltic Dragon and the voice actors did an amazing job! :thumbup:

I think after testing I'll give it a little time and fly the entire campaign again because it's just so much fun. :)

Now all we need are some of BeachAV8Rs awesome AARs to further promote it. :pilotfly:

Thanks Baltic! Looking forward to flying the updated 1st part (again sorta?) and the forthcoming part 2. Quick question - will there be a single "Enemy Within" campaign that plays from mission 1 all the way through to 18, or will the release ultimately be split into parts 1 & 2?

redterror, the main file for the campaign will be a single one for whole of it - I will make it available together with part two in about a week. So if you want the whole experience (and all statistics) you can wait just a little bit longer.

Thanks for nice words everyone and especially to Yurgon - he really helped (and still does - a few missions still to test) me a lot!

Thing to notice for everyone - in a single play through the campain you will see 16 stages / missions out of 18 - the reason for this being that the campaign branches twice depending on the results of some of the missions. I might release the missions you could miss separately or encourage you to play the campaign again :)

Edited by baltic_dragon

Fantastic!

I downloaded the original ages ago an never got around to playing it, just got it there and done the first 2 flights before work (sigh...work :P)

I was on my way in to land after mission one when I noticed it was VERY loud in the cockpit, I looked out the window and saw the attached. It was scary to say the least :P

Also, Go on the UnitedOperations.net. Tell DeathStrike I said hello (he will know the name Soupy_Norman)

534208891_higuys.thumb.jpg.fa3b0a9b3904517444b6c0ed954c77d8.jpg

Fantastic!

I downloaded the original ages ago an never got around to playing it, just got it there and done the first 2 flights before work (sigh...work :P)

I was on my way in to land after mission one when I noticed it was VERY loud in the cockpit, I looked out the window and saw the attached. It was scary to say the least :P

Also, Go on the UnitedOperations.net. Tell DeathStrike I said hello (he will know the name Soupy_Norman)

Haha, it gets even more scary when at the last moment your wingmen decide not to do the formation landing and go around to ultimately crash somewhere 15 minutes later. In one of my tests I got 50% of 8-ship squadron killed during landing in first mission. That is why when you land you are advised just to leave the pit ;)

The worst part is, if they had continued (they waved off at the last second) they would have landed in the field!

Do not read below if you have not flown the second mission yet as it will spoil it!

The "surprise" in the second mission took out my tires so I had to do a belly landing, it actually went quiet well :) I will be flying with my CM set to full AUTO for the flight parts of my next missions!

I will wait for the complete Campaign to play the first part all over again. Excellent first part baltic_dragon, i really liked the whole setup of the missions and inmersivness. :thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you, I just finished mission 7 and was looking forward to continue :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

i had flown 3-4 missions of this campaign. i had given a break then. today i tried to continue where i stopped playing. it was hammerfall or something, i entered game and i exited. after this i tried to re enter this mission but my game progress forced me to play previous mission. so i exited this mission too, after this weird incident, progress brought me back one more previous mission, and repeated this unitll the begining of the campaign, than i exited from the 1st mission, it said "you are defeated campaign over"

i couldn't save the campaign so i had to delete it.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

i had flown 3-4 missions of this campaign. i had given a break then. today i tried to continue where i stopped playing. it was hammerfall or something, i entered game and i exited. after this i tried to re enter this mission but my game progress forced me to play previous mission. so i exited this mission too, after this weird incident, progress brought me back one more previous mission, and repeated this unitll the begining of the campaign, than i exited from the 1st mission, it said "you are defeated campaign over"

i couldn't save the campaign so i had to delete it.

This is very, very weird - as the lowest score you can get from any of the missions is 50, which forces the game to stay at the last stage and repeat it, you can't go down. I've tested it quite a lot. What I could advise it to wait until ED finally finishes the check of the full version and start over. Sorry for the trouble, I will re-check the start mission triggers.