Europe possible blackout March 20th

xxJohnxx

So, is Deutschland in darkness??

Yeah, I am typing here only with a lit candle! ;o)

Btw, the news also reported that france is expecting an unsusual high spring tide because of the added gravity effects of the aligned celestrial bodies. Anyone knows or heared more about that?

should never have moved from bavaria to NRW, clouds all day, saw nothing of interest....

... and no Schoaramer here...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Btw, the news also reported that france is expecting an unsusual high spring tide because of the added gravity effects of the aligned celestrial bodies. Anyone knows or heared more about that?

Yep, that happens somewhere on earth roughly twice a month. The new moon or full moon causes it, It has nothing to do with the eclipse. It is just correlated because a solar eclipse can only happen at full moon.

EDIT: only on NEW moon, not full...

EDIT: The word for it is 'spring tide'

Edited by Aginor

...because a solar eclipse can only happen at full moon.

Don't you mean at 'new' moon?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

We call them spring tides, and you get them very regularly. You don't have to have an eclipse for the sun and moon's gravitational pulls to coincide. It'll be an extra high tide, but nothing to worry about because there is no extreme high or low pressure areas, and no strong inshore gales.