Bug? Broken NAV and HUD

Glimmer

I started the plane, and when I started to enter coordinates, I noticed that the display on HUD is incorrect, and the pointer does not work either. Now I can not navigate on the target and my destination. A week ago everything was fine.

C6LSjBL-21o.jpg

Be68isy9CI0.jpg

UPD:

I made the video.

https://youtu.be/C0_wlALA_Yo

Edited by Glimmer

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

No, engine has already been launched.

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

I mean, did you enter the NAV mode right before take-off or did you wait much longer than around 3 mins before spoiling the engine to max RPM/Take-off?

I even flew with this defect. :D

No, engine has already been launched.

Was the engine already on at mission start or did you start the engine?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I made the video.

https://youtu.be/C0_wlALA_Yo

I'm having the same problem but only noticed it in multiplayer so far. I tried one of the single player instant action missions and it worked fine. The HUD just shows numbers on the left and right and the course ring around the radar is locked in the 0/360 degree position at the top.

I'm having the same problem but only noticed it in multiplayer so far. I tried one of the single player instant action missions and it worked fine. The HUD just shows numbers on the left and right and the course ring around the radar is locked in the 0/360 degree position at the top.

It's the main problem.

Tested in MP & SP, this bug is occurring randomly.

On BlueFlag server my first 2 start-ups went ok, the 3:d no heading & no HUD. In SP the same, sometimes it works sometimes not.

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

2147483647 is the maximum value a signed 32bit integer can have.

I guess something leads to some overflow which leads to the gyros not reaching their sts usable state. That also concurs with the gyro very shortly beeing in the correct state, then tilting for a second and the error flags comming up.

I guess something overflows that moment. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I can't replicate this on my end unfortunately. Can anyone confirm that they DON'T have this problem? Start the Viggen from cold and see if anything looks like the pictures in the first post.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Well It may be broke in the Instant Action Cold start Mission or the HSI does not work until you turn on NAV Mode..

I went into the Instant Action Mission Cold Start and upon completion the HSI was Facing North but did not rotate when moving to runway..

I then turned to NAV Mode then set the heading and it was working just fine, I took off and was able to navigate to WP1..

I never noticed what the HSI did on the ground before but I never had a problem navigating in SP or MP..

So maybe this is how it works by default or it is a bit broke in the instant action Mission..

I will try another mission and try and notice what the HSI does.. But It ddoes appear to be working sort of...

I just tried a Single player mission and the HSI did rotate when Taxi.. I think the Instant action it is broke up until you get to the runway and switch to NAV Mode then the HSI works as it should... So it is a bit broke in the instant action mission Cold Start..

I want to add I just tried another single player mission and the ADI Flag and HSI was broke as stated in the OP..

Maybe it is either random or something but it seems broke after the latest patch release..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Good news! I am able to replicate the problem on my end! The trick was going to the Quick Start mission.

Can you try to start up on different servers, please? This problem is there too, but after the takeoff ADI comes back to normal, and the problem remains only in an unstable NAV mode of HUD.

In addition to having similar issues with the NAV system, I have another that could be related. When I land at a different airport from where the mission originated, rearm and take off, the NAV system goes dark immediately after takeoff. No HUD symbology--have to abort mission. The yellow Nav system warning light comes on.

This problem also happens randomly, but frequently.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi, I have noticed another NAV related issue. I am having mixed results with creating a BX-1 markpoint over land based on a radar contact (field of tanks).

I was able to create the markpoint over a target area then flew over the target area about 10-15 km and turned around to find the markpoint had moved quite a distance to the side which was way off from the original BX-1 markpoint. I repeated this several times with the same result.

Another time, I could not create a BX-1 markpoint at all. After creating the initial markpoint and it displaying on the radar screen I slewed the cursor which moved the cross to where I wanted the markpoint then hit TV to move the circle over the cross to the new position but the circle would not move and lock over the cross.

One more time trying to create a BX-1 markpoint and it worked fine and maintained it's position.

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong since I just started using markpoints in this manner or if this could be another NAV issue related to the HUD and course ring problem.

In addition to having similar issues with the NAV system, I have another that could be related. When I land at a different airport from where the mission originated, rearm and take off, the NAV system goes dark immediately after takeoff. No HUD symbology--have to abort mission. The yellow Nav system warning light comes on.

This problem also happens randomly, but frequently.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Paul

2 questions:

1. Do you turn the nav system to BER while rearming?

and

2. Do you input the new airport as the new LS waypoint before taking off?

2 questions:

1. Do you turn the nav system to BER while rearming?

and

2. Do you input the new airport as the new LS waypoint before taking off?

I do have the nav system set to BER, but I didn't think to enter the code of the new airport. I did try re-entering the 9099 code. However, even without changing the airport code I would not expect the nav system to simply shut off. I'm guessing that as you take off, the nav system is attempting to align relative to the airport it thinks you are at, but gets a bad reading and shuts down. Is that the case?

I'll try entering the new airport code and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Paul

I do have the nav system set to BER, but I didn't think to enter the code of the new airport. I did try re-entering the 9099 code. However, even without changing the airport code I would not expect the nav system to simply shut off. I'm guessing that as you take off, the nav system is attempting to align relative to the airport it thinks you are at, but gets a bad reading and shuts down. Is that the case?

I'll try entering the new airport code and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Paul

If u dont wanna mess with changing landing Airport and takeoff Airport then just leave it in NAV, works for now at least.

If u dont wanna mess with changing landing Airport and takeoff Airport then just leave it in NAV, works for now at least.

Thanks. I have been switching to BER right after landing, and then back into NAV before taking off. I guess that is what confuses the nav system when at a different airport.

Paul

Hotfix for HUD/COMPASS/NAV-issue

So I found the bug and it's been fixed. Because of the severity of the issue I am not waiting for the update-cycle of DCS but instead posting a hotfix here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3fGndOKHBufa3ZIMGNiRWU1b2M/view?usp=sharing

Download and replace the files in DCS World\mods\aircraft\AJS37\bin

Let me know if this hotfix creates any new problems. Sorry about the bugs!

/ RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.