WHY is the english version $49.99!

Cinch

Ok not here to start a fight or anything, but I just saw the English version of BlackShark for $49.99. What gives the Russian version is much cheaper. How is that! I purchased the Russian version because I was wondering if this was going to happen. As of right now I'm a little confused on whats going on here. I love the sim but Dam charge twice as much for a download version of the sim.

It might be me but I don't think it was a smart move for the BS marketing team. Was Ruggbutt part of this team, LOL Kidding!

Well feel free to give your opinion about why its this way, and don't tell me its all about the added campaign, because I will fall over out of my seat :lol:!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think this sim should cost $25?? I suspect that it is a matter of average income and how much russians are willing to pay for a game, considering that piracy in russia is a seriuos problem... my 2 cents

I thinks this is true and is a very dangerous thought.

MaxTow

I have only 2 cents icon10.gif

The English version has more mission content according to SimHQ.

Just about every other PC game in the U.S. is $49.99, I don't see an issue with Black Shark being the same. With the level of fidelity, IMO, it is a bargain at the current price.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Remember guys... the Russian release wasn't intended to be purchased by those in non CIS countries. It's priced for the CIS market.

The English version is priced for the western market and the download version has to be priced based on the store shelf price because the stores won't sell it if it's half the cost for someone to download it.

I'll call this a very fair price, cheaper than most other games here in Denmark, even with my work discount this game from ED at full price is cheaper than, for example Spore og GTA IV and I get a 33,3% discount!

The price is set for the western market, and to be quite fair we do have more money in our greedy little hands than most russians... hell our wall practically crap money! ;)

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

so that means another 49$ on a game we allready have

I love this sim and I really really enjoy flying it what I dont just see right is that we the English speaking people will have to buy again the game in order to have it in english , I mean we are on recession right now and I dont have just 49 $ to trow away like that lol :( I can understant that people might buy the russian verssion and upgrade to the english version so they dont pay 49$ lol . but I'am sure you guys can work something out like release a patch to those who bought it before the english version came out or something

I wouldn't count on that, remember that there are more stuff included, and the russian version was not meant to be distributed outside of the CIS, besides it is still cheaper than what other games cost, at least here in Denmark and we also suffer from the economic recession. Bear in mind that it is a business.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Ok not here to start a fight or anything, but I just saw the English version of BlackShark for $49.99. What gives the Russian version is much cheaper. How is that! I purchased the Russian version because I was wondering if this was going to happen. As of right now I'm a little confused on whats going on here. I love the sim but Dam charge twice as much for a download version of the sim.

It might be me but I don't think it was a smart move for the BS marketing team. Was Ruggbutt part of this team, LOL Kidding!

Well feel free to give your opinion about why its this way, and don't tell me its all about the added campaign, because I will fall over out of my seat :lol:!

Pick your favorite currency. Now convert the average Russian salary/wage to said currency. Now covert the average US/German/UK/etc salary/wage to that currency.

Will that answer your question? Who knows. But this should be the first thing you consider.

Guest Dankathym

Im kind of surprised by this response. Weren't there people saying they would pay up to $100 or more for the game a few months ago? I seem to recall a thread about that. I was pretty upset that it could ever get that high. I feel $49 is perfectly reasonable. I would pay $55 to get it by Christmas though :thumbup:

It's a fair price for a high quality product like Black Shark.

And what the people before me said: Russians are broke so the russian version is therefore cheaper. Western folks have more dough so the western version is more expensive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I love this sim and I really really enjoy flying it what I dont just see right is that we the English speaking people will have to buy again the game in order to have it in english , I mean we are on recession right now and I dont have just 49 $ to trow away like that lol :( I can understant that people might buy the russian verssion and upgrade to the english version so they dont pay 49$ lol . but I'am sure you guys can work something out like release a patch to those who bought it before the english version came out or something

You don't "have" to buy the English version, just like you didn't "have" to buy the Russian version. There is no reason for them to release a patch to make the Russian version into the English version. It's a free market, you choose what you buy. You bought the Russian and didn't wait for the English version.

Complaining about the recession is a little silly when you are stating you can't afford videogames. lol

Just save up and buy it when the English DVD version comes out. :)

Edited by JG27_Arklight

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

@ekfly:

That the russian and english version would have to be purchased seperatley, was known from the beginning, to save money, you should have waited.... Secondly I woulden't mind to support ED through bying both... Thridly;

"I dont have just 49 $ to trow away like that lol"

Throw away? uhm, this is just looking at it from the wrong perspective....

I

Edited by Inseckt
typo, reply specification

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

No one forced you to buy the Russian version and no one is forcing the English version down your throat either. Enjoy the russian version until you can afford to buy the other. Look at it as demo you paid for.

To be honest I dont mind playing the russian version, I already know enough to enjoy it, the only thing Im interested in is the added videos from the English version, having said that, Ill buy it once its out in physical form. Plus for some odd reason, I feel somewhat proud lol having the russian dvd version sitting on my desk.

Edited by Cosmo81

Are you used to call us this way? Please correct me if there is no negative connotation in this word.

Of course not. I could have said Russians have low income (as statistically, most of your countrymen do), instead I used the more 'rough' expression - broke.

I apologize if you took it the wrong way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

I love this sim and I really really enjoy flying it what I dont just see right is that we the English speaking people will have to buy again the game in order to have it in english , I mean we are on recession right now and I dont have just 49 $ to trow away like that lol :(

And who says you have to buy the english version right now, this moment?

If you have russian version you have bought legally with your money, IMO I don't see why should you be obligated to buy the english one.

If you, as many other people, got the torrent version, then it would be nice for you to, once you are financially capable, support the folks who made the game and spend those 50 bucks on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

Of course not. I could have said Russians have low income (as statistically, most of your countrymen do), instead I used the more 'rough' expression - broke.

I apologize if you took it the wrong way.

Thanks for the explanation, I see all is normal. Sorry for inconvenience.

picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

The price is very very fair. For a simulation of such high fidelity one could expect to pay much more. I bought one DL already and will likely by another as well. I am both dedicated and anxious to support ED and this incredible team of programmers and developers moving forward. Black Shark is a dream come true for any real sim junkie like me. More AC of this quality in the DCS world will be absolute nirvana IMHO.

Absolutely stunning.

Out