Eddie's extended checklist and 9-line guide

sobek

Here's Eddies extended checklist, 9-line and cas guides, uploaded with Eddie's permission. Plz keep in mind that THIS IS WIP.

Props go to Eddie for putting his extensive knowledge to use for the community.

Order is as follows:

Checklist

9-Line Card

9-Line Guide

Example CAS Comms and 9-Line

T.O.1A-10C-1CL.zip

STANDARD 9 LINE CARD.pdf

CLOSE AIR SUPPORT (9-Line) Guide.pdf

Example CAS Comms & 9 Line.pdf

Edited by sobek
  • Like 3

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Thanks Sobek,

As said above the checklists are a WIP, the normal operation sections are complete but the emergency checklists and performance data sections still have quite a lot of work to be done.

Hope you all find them useful.

• Like 6

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Awesome work, many thanks Eddie.

Edit >> I'm just checking as don't know the correct answer to these, but are some steps missing and can you clarify on DTS load, can you load whilst BIT test is still going?

This is what I've noted for my checklist:

Electrical Startup

Batt to Power

Inverter to Standby

Lamp Test

Fuel indicator test (Test Ind)

Oxy flow to On

Oxy Ind test

Lights On as required

Com1 Radio VHF to TR

Squelch

Set frequency

Com2 Radio VHF to TR

Squelch

Set frequency

UHF dial to Main

Close Canopy

APU & Engine Startup

Boost pump switches to On (all 4)

L+R fuel flow switch to Norm

APU Start - check APU EGT temp to 400 and RPM to 100%

APU Gen to PWR

AC Gen switches to Up (L+R)

Left throttle to Idle -checks as per your list

Right throttle to idle - checks as per your list

Flight control check

Generator APU to Off

Power APU to Off

Uncage SAI

Pre-Flight Setup

CDU + EGI to On

CICU to On

IFCC to Test

Press Enter on HUD to initiate BIT test

Yaw SAS Engage L+R

Pitch SAS Engage L+R

T/O Trim Set

EAC to On

On HUD Exit BIT test (once complete)

DTS Load All - Not sure if you can load this whilst BIT test is still going?

Set right MFCD to CDU

Exit menu’s on HUD

IFCC to On

Right MFCD to CDU Nav mode

Left MFCD to TAD

Set Steer Point to FLT PLAN

CMSP to Standby

Set system select switches to On

JTRS to On

Anti Skid to On

Nosewheel Steering to On

These are the steps in the training lesson, nothing to do with my knowledge lol

Many thanks,

Chris.

Edited by Ells228
  • Like 1

THanks for the checklists guys. The JTAC operation is very cool. I created a mission tonight and tried it. I'm missing one thing and that's entering the coords in the nav system; more reading...:thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Excellent stuff mate - it's thanks to folks like you that folks like me can fly the DCS sims.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Right here goes, I've been flying a few missions with JTAC support and have a few questions.

1) Does any one else experience the odd game crash at different points of communicating with the JTAC? For instance one crash happened as I signed in, another at the moment the assignment was complete and he confirmed the targets destroyed. I am going to see if I can narrow down what causes it so I can do a decent bug report.

2) When tasked by a JTAC to take out a target, I have the location of the TAD (little red square) and instructions like "attack MM218 546, attack heading 50/120 egress to TOAD, SA6 0.6/ NE

Would it be best practice to create a new route on the CDU with WP1 being an IP some 7m on a reciprical bearing between 50 and 100 degrees from the target, WP2 bieng the target Mark, and then waypoint 3 being TOAD

Cheers

Tom

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Intel i7 920 Corsair H70 water cooled @4GHz), Corsair XMS3 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel, Nvidia GTX780, OCZ Vertex 256GB SSD (for OS+DCS), TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS + Saitek Rudder

1) Does any one else experience the odd game crash at different points of communicating with the JTAC?

Yep, I've had a few crashes too. I'm waiting for the next beta before reporting anything though, since the JTAC is definitely WIP at the moment and will probably have a lot of changes in the next beta. Likelihood of reporting already-known bugs therefore seems pretty high.

2) Would it be best practice to create a new route on the CDU with WP1 being an IP some 7m on a reciprical bearing between 50 and 100 degrees from the target, WP2 being the target Mark, and then waypoint 3 being TOAD

I think "best practice" is "whatever works best for you" - each pilot will find their own style. Having waypoints to follow like that probably can't hurt. On the other hand, it does take time to set them up, so you might find it makes your response time too high so you'll have to decide what to do based on the situation and how much setup time you get. Plus, you might want to use what setup time you have scanning for threats.

With practice you can probably become pretty efficient at setting up these waypoints, so it might be worth it. A similar idea is to switch to Mark Point mode and create mark points at the relevant locations, and just remember which mark corresponds to what. This is very quick to do on the TAD.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming together quite nicely. Like Hassata I was wondering if you're going to add anything on weapons and fence checks etc, as they were the next thing I had on my list after I finished my AP diagrams.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Anyone know if Eddie is planning on putting together weapons employment sections?

Thanks

Yes I am, as well as standard fence in/out checks. All that stuff will be included along with all the emergency checklists that are relevant to the sim.

I won't be able to do any more work on it until mid Jan so don't expect to see a final release until sometime in Feb.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Anyone have trouble printing this? It kept killing my printer when I tried, memory overflows. Finally had to print it one page at time and even then pictures didn't display.

Sounds like a problem on your end mate, it's printed fine each of the numerous times I've done a hard copy while writing it.

I do intend to optimise it a bit more as well. I also plan on doing some A5 "quicklists" for those that would like them for kneeboards etc. Although of course you can print these in A5 size should you wish.

Spoiler

I do intend to optimise it a bit more as well. I also plan on doing some A5 "quicklists" for those that would like them for kneeboards etc. Although of course you can print these in A5 size should you wish.

I took the liberty of doing this Eddie, hope you don't mind! (if you do, let me know and I'll remove the link). All I've done is put two 9-line cards onto one sheet of A4. It just makes printing a little more efficient for those of use who are tight when it comes to ink ;)

The formatting got a little screwed up when I converted it to a PDF, but you should be able to fold it in half and cut down the middle. You'll then have two, handy, A5-sized 9-line briefs from one sheet of A4. Should fit nicely into a kneeboard-sized wallet :)

Hope it's of some use!

http://rapidshare.com/files/427795011/STANDARD_9-LINE_CARD_2.zip

p/w: nineline

Sounds like a problem on your end mate, it's printed fine each of the numerous times I've done a hard copy while writing it.

Thanks Eddie. It's a wonderful piece of work. Let me know if you want any help as I would love to contribute. I printed it off in A5 format (8"x5") and punched holes to fit my Flyboy's kneeboard. Works great! Attached are some pics of my setup.

1164421557_Kneeboard001.jpg.af0ec9bf19983a6d929a40d4c5d83f4c.jpg

163206247_Kneeboard002.jpg.890b192b4f9c62892991c0f523e933b4.jpg

779720989_Kneeboard003.jpg.bb12bad2da9dc9d2016d5c62523823c0.jpg

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 1 month later...