DCS: Tornado possible?

Hey folks.

Been off of the Forums for quite some time, the same goes for A10C now, but i'm getting back into it now.

I was amazed to what the DCS Series grew up and that we are now able to fully include third party modules into the core program. I'm looking forward wor beczl's Mig21Bis and also for the VAEO's addons.

Been into the Eurofighter Forums and checked those out and I was thinking about classification of all those systems and how one can achieve the high fidelity of DCS that everyone got used to.

So I kept thinking about the Panavia Tornado. I really like that plane and also had some Simulator Hours over at a CAE Simulator in Stolberg, Germany.

I know, that many of the Systems of the Tornado might be classified, too, but I think it should be quite easier to develop this plane as a third party addon for DCS. I know, someone developed a Tornado for Falcon:BMS. I know, how much of that module was based on facts or approximations, but it showed, that it was possible.

So, long story short: Would it be possible and manageable to develop a Tornado module in the future?

Greetings

Chris

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on by Razbaam

"This is our planned add ons for DCS World:

T-2 Buckeye

A-37 Dragonfly

A-7 series

A-4 series

A-6 series

Harrier series

Mirage F-1

Kfir

F-100

F-102 *It´s an outsourced mesh, will need authorization before making any formal statement on it

F-105

F-4

Jaguar

Tornado

We do have all this meshes in different development states,so it´s what we call a realistic vision, BUT it will take time to make it "real" so we´ll go easy on it.They are not in any particular order, but less complex aircraft (avionics wise) will be the first to be produced.

We are very excited to be aboard, and we already pushing up on quality.

All i ask is patience.

Best regards

Prowler"

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89790&page=14

Vega 2700x /16Gb ram/480Gb SSD/1Tb Seagate/nVidia 2080/Win 10 64 bit Rift. T-flight pedals.

Hey Chris,

We did have the Tornado in our list but a long way off but then Razbaam announced they are making it, so we'll hold off for now.

#14 on the list, at 6 months per new aircraft, thats 7 years from now :helpsmilie:

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

But I hope we will get the Tornado reasonably soon.

Put it this way...You won't have to worry about whether your current hardware can handle it! ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Think there is a bit of jostling both going on and expected in the year ahead whilst ED help out with technology for things like dual seats, ground and air radar. AFM's and any new system not immediately covered by products so far.

I'd say most of this was flexible and cheer on the guys as they nail the early stuff and each new feature. It's massively early to even put things on a development list because as I understand it, the technology is either undeveloped or undisclosed for some stuff.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Think there is a bit of jostling both going on and expected in the year ahead whilst ED help out with technology for things like dual seats, ground and air radar. AFM's and any new system not immediately covered by products so far.

I'd say most of this was flexible and cheer on the guys as they nail the early stuff and each new feature. It's massively early to even put things on a development list because as I understand it, the technology is either undeveloped or undisclosed for some stuff.

As far as I understand, things like RADAR and the FM can be made in full, but so far no SDK exists. This means that basically it all has to be done by hand, and with a lot of trial and error before anything is accomplished.

Again though, this is only my speculation based on what Beczl and others have stated.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Tornado FM will be more difficult to make as an AFM due to the swing wing the other thing that will make it more difficult to develop is the 2nd seat but once they've found a way to accomplish that in mp and with SP AI then this aircraft will rock when it is eventually modelled. You could when the F-15E is released make a mod using the F-15E pits inside a Tornado 3d model until such time as an actual Tornado is released.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

If its British you have no chance.

Hence why the only time you can fly as the British is in a ww1 or ww2 plane.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

You are not totally correct. Also the British don't have the F3 anymore. Only the GR4/4.A in service.

The F.3 was crap as a fighter anyway, Intercept a bomber yes but a fighter..... Should of bit the bullet and get the Eagle.. Eagle F.1 or FGR.1 for the E version.

Or design a home built one.

The Harrier, Well they are no longer in service but halve the systems [GR7/9s] on them were yankie.

Jag, the TIALD, even though it was a P.O.S. it's still secret... sort of. But as a GR plane it done its job very good. How would ED implement Recce mission with camera pods???

EDIT: I thought all of the Harriers were taken out of service.

Edited by joey45
added stuff.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

The GR1 and ADV manuals have been in the public domain for a while now. Used to have a link to them somewhere but I can't find it now :-(

But only Flight manuals. Nothing related to weapon system functionality, neither manuals related with back seat equipment. It's a pity, even GR.1 would be a great addition into hardcore sim world

Regards!