DCS: A-10C Warthog 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

• ED Team

DCS: A-10C Warthog, 1.2.1

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=136&scr=products&lang=en

• Flight model updated.

• New APU sounds.

• Corrected inverted flight behavior.

• Fixed course and heading on HSI continuing to change after knob input has ceased.

• Reworked TGP tracking. TGP would now enter INR track for approximately one second after slew has stopped. It will now enter AREA / POINT track.

• Fixed sensor axis responsiveness after exit from LSS when TGP is masked.

• Only POINT track and RATES are now possible in TGP A/A mode.

• TGP will now revert to RATES when a track is lost in A/A mode.

Installation

• Uninstall all previous DCS products prior to versions 1.2.1
    • To be safe, delete \Saved Games\DCS files
    • Install DCS World 1.2.1
    • Install DCS module 1.2.1

Note: A new activation will not be required unless this is the first time you have installed the product.

Please note that MP requires you to have all products S/N activated using the same DCS (webshop) account.

Edited by Wags

Cool! Pity about the uninstallation requirement for those of us who use lots of mods, though.

So does "Flight model updated" mean the SAS/ball thing is resolved? I can't check atm.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Does this fix the audio and voice triggers or is the separate fix still required?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess that would be part of DCS World now. My Bad.

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

How can I keep my controllers settings on new installation? Is there a file where these are kept? Mainly axis assigned and curve values?

Thanks.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

Nice. Thanks Nate.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

Have been playing it for about 2 hrs now and I g*damnit had another crash. This time it wasnt d3d but this

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: DCS.exe

Application Version: 1.2.1.5970

Application Timestamp: 50648537

Fault Module Name: StackHash_8e5d

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec4aa8e

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 00000000000c40f2

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1043

Additional Information 1: 8e5d

Additional Information 2: 8e5dded9fd03d7519765f86e2ff7659f

Additional Information 3: 0c8a

Additional Information 4: 0c8a855ef76b339aa4e85a9db3eb22b7

You cant have realism if you pissin game keeps crashing and you have to restart your plane every time.

Test your games properly, please. Its a great simulation but the bugs make it almost useless I rarely get to finish a mission and land afterwards.

Now I just stopped playing because of the crashes and the server timeout.

What a waste of my TM warthog and a good sim.

Edited by degoe

The APU now has a totally different sound.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

It looks the same whether in the cockpit or outside. Some weird green color. Can anyone else confirm?

Yup, its not the normal color.. It was a bluish green color. Same for Rockets.

i7 2600k @ 4.4 / GTX 470 1.3gb / 8GB DDR3 1600 / TM Warthog #7440 / Toshiba 37" 1080p / OCZ Vertex3 SSD 128GB / Win7-64 / TIR4

:P :smilewink: I may be the minority but I kinda like it. :P . But I agree...realism wise..it looks off.

Some good reference for the future...not a biggy...but something to keep in mind. Bigger issue is smoke. I think we need a new smoke shader. Something more thicker. I used to love the smoke (soft and thick) in FC1/FC2. But the only way to do it properly is with advanced DX9 shaders. But realistically...thickness depends on a variety of factors which might be too much to simulate.

A-10_firing_AGM-65.JPEG

a10_real2.jpg?w=600

800px-F-16_firing_Maverick_Missile.jpg

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Multiplayer crashes a few seconds after clicking "connect". "Connecting to Master" appears for a couple of seconds and then it crashes. Tab is not working and the characters are not aligned :(

I did a complete reinstall after reinstalling windows.

[sIGPIC]sigpic72422_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I think the issue is that the client can't handle the response from the master server.

I'm not in the mood to reverse engineer the communication in order to find the issue. The answer is fine most of the time, so the core issue is probably in the way the master server replies. There's probably an issue in the client as well, it should't crash just because it recieves "unexpected" data.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Multiplayer crashes a few seconds after clicking "connect". "Connecting to Master" appears for a couple of seconds and then it crashes. Tab is not working and the characters are not aligned :(

I did a complete reinstall after reinstalling windows.

Yep same crash.

Um wtf?

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.