DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the maximum A-A load for the Mirage 2000C modeled is only 2 Magic and 2 530?

Yes.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

As for the AFM question: The problem with an SFM would mostly not be aerodynamics. At the moment in DCSW you can't use certain features with an SFM. Toe brakes are an example, but there are more.

I hope they give us an AFM (even a bad one!) on release.

We will never release any product with bad anything.

I you want something bad then go and drink cheap whiskey. :P

Look, we know that you are anxious but development takes time, specially if you want to do things right. Be patient and you will be rewarded.

Keep the faith! :thumbup:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

We will never release any product with bad anything.

I you want something bad then go and drink cheap whiskey. :P

Look, we know that you are anxious but development takes time, specially if you want to do things right. Be patient and you will be rewarded.

Keep the faith! :thumbup:

I don't doubt you. Can't wait to try it out! As we've seen, it will look awesome rocketing across NTTR.

A appreciate all the updates!

-Nick

Guys, will we get the MICA IR heat-seeking missile?

im afraid not.

The Mirage 2000C RDI being modeld can not use the MICA missle (either the IR Mica or the Radar MICA)

We are limited to the Magic 2 and the Super 530D

Maby the Aim9L aswell as its supposed to be compatible (interchangeable) with the Magic 2.

In some very specific cases, the inclusion of AFM makes a big difference. I'm mainly thinking of ground handling characteristics. I could see noticeable differences between the pre-efm F-15/Su-27 and its post-efm counterparts. This is part of the reason why so much work is being done on AFM for current SFM aircraft like the Hawk and the C-101. It can make a big difference in specific scenarios... maybe less noticeable during normal flying operation. But the minute you go near the borders of the flight envelope or trespass them, this is where AFM really shines.

I'm glad you guys are working on it: take all the time you need. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic product if it's up to DCS standards. :thumbup:

Totally agree! SFM ("simple" flight model, rather than "standard") is a big no-no for me anymore as it makes the plane feel like a toy. Having said that, I rather not buy or hold off on a DCS module that does not offer some form of AFM/EFM upon release. Still waiting for Hawk and C-101 to update their respective SFM models... :noexpression:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

im afraid not.

The Mirage 2000C RDI being modeld can not use the MICA missle (either the IR Mica or the Radar MICA)

We are limited to the Magic 2 and the Super 530D

Maby the Aim9L aswell as its supposed to be compatible (interchangeable) with the Magic 2.

:( that is sad

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD