DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Point Zeus was making is that in a perfect world SFM would be exact as PFM because the sim would, in a perfect world, be as accurate as RL and that the result of an SFM (or allowing the sim [DCS world] to dictate flight characteristics) would be true to life because the sim would be perfect. unfortunately DCS is not perfect so FMs all require tuning to get more realistic behavior hence AFM, PFM and EFM

Has nothing to do FSX totally different animal.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I don't see the problem here :

SFM : aircraft performances (speed, G loads, turn rates, climb rates...)

AFM : fine tuning of aircraft behavior both in the air and on ground

Is it that hard to understand ?

Anyway it is Work In Progress. No one outside of team has flown it yet. So how can someone judge what is being done ?

Please stop that pointless argument...we'll see when it's ready !

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

As I say Im not a real pilot how i will able to see hardcore SFM or PFM?

I wear glasses so I get refused at french army as fighter pilot so SFM or PFM no matter to me what matter is piloting M2000. But if razbm want to release it with AFM its ok.

Can M2000 do unrestricted climb like this?

Edited by didilman

Am I wrong in thinking that the Su-25T back in FC2 had an advanced SFM and still does now in DCSW? and it feels really good in my opinion I still enjoy the SU-25, Im sure when they get their AFM it will be an improvement but he has got a point.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Am I wrong in thinking that the Su-25T back in FC2 had an advanced SFM and still does now in DCSW? and it feels really good in my opinion I still enjoy the SU-25, Im sure when they get their AFM it will be an improvement but he has got a point.
Any airplane that can land on grass without instantly exploding in DCS does not use an SFM. According to the product terms page, the Su-25T has an AFM, and the Su-25 has an AFM+. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122801

In any case, AI always uses an SFM, so it was essential for RAZBAM to develop the SFM for their Mirage 2000C even though they are developing an EFM for player controlled aircraft. I believe when he said the SFM was aerodynamically the same he meant that the SFM version very closely matches the performance charts for the real airplane. Of course there will be a noticeable difference between the SFM and an EFM/AFM/PFM in flight from the player perspective, but it is important for AI flight performance to be as close to the player flight performance as possible, and that is what RAZBAM has done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Su-25T in DCS has an amzing flight model...

YOU try to fly that beast fully loaded..

you will have to manhandle that taking off and landing.

hopefully M2000C will share an ample experience with an AFM, fully loaded...

Mmm I don't think it means what you think it means... If you "manhandle" it (I had to google this one) you will end up deep below ground level ;)

I don't see the problem here :

SFM : aircraft performances (speed, G loads, turn rates, climb rates...)

AFM : fine tuning of aircraft behavior both in the air and on ground

Is it that hard to understand ?

Unfortunately it is not that simple and can't be "split" that way.

Don't get me wrong here, I really like having good simulations and hope this one succeeds as well.

Problem seems to be that people underestimate the complexity and amount of work involved in flight model.

In personal experience software projects are often underestimated in amount of work so they end up very late, over the cost and/or cancelled. So I do hope whoever they have working on this realizes in detail what the work involves.

And as said before, in a perfect world we would just input data and sim engine would magically give us perfect flight model. In real world it does not work that way.

In a simulation aircraft performance depends on things like aerodynamic lift and drag at specific altitude, engine thrust at different settings and atmospheric conditions and so on.

You can calculate various coefficients and factors separately at different parts of simulation and integrate at physics engine but there are limits and often things "feed back" into other parts of calculations.

So until there is a video of working AFM on this I'm somewhat worried about the statements made before.

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Now the full set of external fuel tanks is available:

11999083_882961941790445_892216528734437228_n.jpg?oh=5866847a82f72231fc5857eb48bc7279&oe=5660CA25&__gda__=1449144067_323a1b479c0fc3b267e7c4660289f076

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

More images:

11947936_882969075123065_4978181739392206236_o.jpg

11958300_882969055123067_3870912165034540682_o.jpg

11998877_882969035123069_2668007080971423491_n.jpg?oh=f72223ef816a69817ca91e14d128e248&oe=56A1C3D0

12000978_882969078456398_6406065632036547600_o.jpg

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Shame it cannot carry a targetting pod. Would have been a very fun addition, a fast jet capable of searching the targets trough a targetting pod.

Hope we can mod it somehow, maybe adding the A-10C targetting pod?

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Shame it cannot carry a targetting pod. Would have been a very fun addition, a fast jet capable of searching the targets trough a targetting pod.

Hope we can mod it somehow, maybe adding the A-10C targetting pod?

I find the exact opposite to be the case. It's great to have a fast jet capable of ground attacks and even LGBs without a TGP. That makes the OA-10C more important as well as ground JTACs to find targets and direct the attack plane on them. And of course: buddy lasing!!

That leads me to another question, that hasn't been discussed here as far as I know (if it has been pls point me to it :)):

What are the DataLink capabilities of the (DCS) Mirage? Link16 for any chance?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg