FC3 Campaign Progressivly worse FPS Through mission.

steakbbq

Trying to fly through the f15c campaign and the fps drops down to 5 steadily from 40.

No fps problems in multiplayer.

All settings low.

Seems like a memory leak or something.

I have a phenom x4 955 4gb of ram and a radeon saphire 5770

It feels like a memory leak but the memory for the game is only 1.3mb

However the CPU usage is 37% when the fps is low. Not sure if there is something like a cpu leak but i'm pretty bummed out that I cant play the campaign. Prior patches the campaign worked fine on this computer and even on my older computer. Seems like there is an issue with the game itself.

Let the flaming begin!

Just flew the first couple missions in a-10c and the fps was fine for the entirety of the missions.

Must be a problem with the FC3 module. A real pitty.

It is a problem with your system specs and the Sim requirements you need more ram. 6Gigs is the minimum.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Negative. Its not even coming close to maxing out my current ram.

Not to mention other modules run JUST fine in campaign.

This game is horribly optimized that's all there is to it. Honestly if its anything its a cpu bottleneck wich is doubtful considering a10c runs the campaign smooth as butter with more units on the map and a much more complicated plane itself. IMHO its a bug with the FC3 module itself. FC3 is a third party module?

I was reading that there is or was a bug on multiplayer where AI aircraft caused a memory leak when a client was connected to the server. Looking through some files I saw a multiplayer log for a server with my name, I assume that when you play campaign it creates a local server and you connect as a client.

I even tested it by editing the campaign mission and spawning me where all the units are fighting. Starts 40 fps and over 10 minutes degrades and does not recover at 5 fps.

Just loaded up the a-10c campaign and my processor was pegged at around 37%, I think its maxing one of my cores, although it still runs smooth the whole flight.

The other thign is if I hit ctrl pausex2 I can see while im in the cockpit the objects jumping between 90-400, like the number of objects are changing frame to frame when I am just sitting there.

When I go to the external view it stays at about 200 something.

To me that says there is something either wrong with the code that displays the amount of objects or there is something weird going on with the main game code where there is more then one scene and its jumping between the two. That would obviously cause major slowdowns.

I know there is lots of stuff going on behind the scenes. With how old this engine is I am sure its not component based. They have probably done it OOP and you end up with a lot of bloat in your main thread, or the top level hierarchy... This causes bloat and a poorly performing engine.

Once again I am only theorizing here but, I believe if they were to refactor (A dirty word I know) the engine and modules to take a component based approach, this game would see performance boosts of 200% or more. There is no reason that this game should be performing so poorly.

Also multi-core utilization would go a long way to alleviate the stresses of their bloated code.

Just because a more powerful rig can run it somewhat decently doesn't mean its right. The simple fact is we were all duped into paying money for a completely UN-optimized, bloated game.

Edited by steakbbq

Just wanted to jump in here and say that I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. I just flew the first f15c mission and my fps was unplayable by the end of the mission. My CPU wasn't even close to being maxed out (~15% utilization max).

Definitely feels like a memory leak of some kind.

Oli 'Scarecrow' Lusk

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.20Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard

16GB DDR3 RAM

EVGA Geforce GTX 680 4GB

• ED Team
Trying to fly through the f15c campaign and the fps drops down to 5 steadily from 40.

No fps problems in multiplayer.

All settings low.

Seems like a memory leak or something.

I have a phenom x4 955 4gb of ram and a radeon saphire 5770

It feels like a memory leak but the memory for the game is only 1.3mb

However the CPU usage is 37% when the fps is low. Not sure if there is something like a cpu leak but i'm pretty bummed out that I cant play the campaign. Prior patches the campaign worked fine on this computer and even on my older computer. Seems like there is an issue with the game itself.

Let the flaming begin!

First, you specs are below the minimums, that is an issue, but I am seeing similar drop in FPS as I play the first mission as well. I am gonna try and have another Tester confirm as well, and I can report it if need be.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yea, I am not a fps nut, I'm happy with 30, even though 60 would be so much nicer. There is actually a problem with the campaign though so just trying to get some discussion going on it.

Trying http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1980753&postcount=66 will update when I determine if it helped.

UPDATE: Nope didnt help at all. Still go down to 5fps.

UPDATE: Just finished the second campaign mission, only went down to 10fps.

Edited by steakbbq

I've noticed when ALT-TAB the second core which DCS uses, runs the CPU core its on up to 100% (from its usual 50%)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Im having the same FPS drops in the F15C campaigns in FC3...

Asus z170 motherboard; Intel i5-6600K OCd to 4,5GHz; Corsair 32GB DDR4 3000MHz; ASUS Cerberus 1070 Ti; Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD; Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp w/ Bifrost multibit DAC and Sennheiser 650 headphones; HP Reverb; Saitek x65-F; TrackIR5

I played the first F-15C mission and can report a massive drop in FPS during the first mission, fine about half way through and then by the time I'm starting the descent it's terrible.

I noticed that the FPS shot up to normal when I pressed F2 to be out of the cockpit. Back in the cockpit about 12FPS, then 60FPS when I press F2.

Anyone else have this?

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

if you hit right control pause twice you can see that the main cpu thread is taking 75-100 ms per frame, there is obviously some code within that thread that is bogging down the cpu.

This could possibly be indicative of a overall performance issue.

With object oriented programming you get massive bloat at the top level hierarchy, this is probably just a case of terrible optimization rearing its ugly head. This game should not run as terribly as it does.