Ranger79 Base Objects Pack (Hesco's + others)

If he allows then cool yh.

Are you able to explain what you need to put in the entry lau? so i can make my own?

Here is an example I made for the WW2 Units. WW2 you had to make an entry.lua file

one for each folder. Ranger has one folder and put with the other luas and point to the lua in the dofile line. I highlight in red you need to change.

Testing now. Seems this one needs a slight folder tree structure change.

declare_plugin(" German WWII)",

{

image = "SOO.bmp",

installed = true,

dirName = current_mod_path,

fileMenuName = _("SOO"),

version = "1.5",

state = "installed",

info = _("German WWII"),

encyclopedia_path = current_mod_path .. '/Encyclopedia',

})

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dofile(current_mod_path..'/bunker.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/flak37.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/horch.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/king-tiger.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/kub.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/mercedes-barrels.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/mercedes-aaa.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/mercedes.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/panther.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/sdkfz.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/tiger.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/uboat.lua')

plugin_done()

Edited by TwoLate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Twolate.

Are you going to post here the new entry.lua file for the objects pack?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

If Ranger does not mind I can show the Lua entry file to fix this. I can make it in 30 minutes.

Go ahead any help in getting this to work would be appreciated.

Thanks Ranger.

Ok I have attached two files. I need someone to stress test this to work. I just did a test to see some objects in the mission editor. I do not use this mod so I am not totally familiar with this mod but this should work. I use the JSGME mod for this structure.

1. Move files and folders to the attached pic of file structure.

2. Put the entry.lua file with the rest of lua's

Capture.PNG.dd73d098dc2f19a7699430e8e18c45be.PNG

entry.lua

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

I have a question for Ranger78, please can you tell me if your "Ranger79's Mod Pack" is compatible with v1.5 because this Mod is a real drug for me.

Without your Mod my DCS is really poor, I can't live without your "Hesco Barriers" and "Concrete Wall"

In advance a great thanks, Skull.

Hi Olivier. The guys were just talking about it and they made it work.

You have to go where your Mod is deposited in _MODS folder and create a new folder named "Ranger Pack" inside "Tech" folder from that tree of folders. Then put all the folders of this mod that normally were sitting immediately in "Tech" folder inside this new "Ranger Pack" folder.

Then copy the entry.lua that TwoLate had attached just two posts above in the same "Ranger Pack" folder.

That's it. Now you can activate the mod via JSMGE.

an example

LborTdU.png

Edited by zaelu
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hello dear Bogdan,

Super, your explanation is perfect as always.

Now everything seems Ok.

I wish you a very good day, Skull.

EDIT:

When I open my DCS World OpenBeta I don't have the folder _MODS, is it normal or I must created this folder ?

Here the screenshot of my DCS World OpenBeta:

DCS%20Open%2001.jpg~original

Once again a great thanks in advance. Skull

Edited by Skulleader

Is normal if you don't install mods in open beta with JSGME.

Then you just need to make a copy somewhere on your desktop for example of the mod folder from 1.2.16 and make there the modifications I was talking above and then move the content of that copied folder in open beta folder.

However. I do recommend you to use JSGME. to have a copy of JSGME to work with open beta you just need to copy the program folder somewhere then create a shortcut to the .exe on your desktop and edit in its properties the work in folder. like here:

KJVdz5j.png

After that create the _MODS folder in the open beta folder and start JSGME from the newly just created shortcut. When it will start it will ask you where the Mods will be deposited and you write there _MODS.

THen create a snapshot of the game files and finally you are good to go and place your Mods in _Mods folder and activate them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Is normal if you don't install mods in open beta with JSGME.

Yes I always installed all my Mods without JSGME, so it's JSGME who create this _MODS folder correct ?

Thanks again, Skull.

Yes I always installed all my Mods without JSGME, so it's JSGME who create this _MODS folder correct ?

Correct

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks to all for figuring out the file structure and great instructions on using JSGME in Open Beta. Download link updated for a 1.2.5 JSGME version on main post.

Or HERE

Awesome, I will test this week, anyone else please feel free to test as well.

Double 256 wall falls into terrain on uneven surfaces. In DCS 1.5 OB

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)