F-14D WIP

Hey guys. I had this thread in the DCS World wishlist and I am moving it here. I am happy to announce an F-14D Super Tomcat mod for the community! Its still in very earl stages but it is advancing quickly! Here are screens of it in progress! No pit shots yet as that is still in R&D. http://imgur.com/a/qcCNX#0 and here is our facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/f14dmod?ref=hl

• Like 1

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nyt3Stalk3r!, Liked and will keep an eye on your progress!

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That is very cool,I used to watch them come back from test flights at Grumman in Levitown,Long Island:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

BIG Update: 3/21/2014

Since everyone is asking for a full release date, we are still in an early stage of but we are making great progress with the two of us! If there are any Coders, Animators, or Modelers who'd like the team message us. Any help is appreciated. This is going to be a PUBLIC mod for DCS. We are aiming for summer to have a semi-working EFM. We will be releasing a FC3 test module for the public to give us feedback for. Around May that'll be out.

~Scratch~

What type of 3D Help do you need?

I can prolly lend a hand but I have have my own projects that I need to work on as well.

Looking at Screenshots it appears you need alot of Material adjustments and stuff.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Amazing work sofar! Wish you guys the best of luck! And I can't wait to take the Tomcat to the skies!

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

as a part of the israeli compunity and a long time pilot i can help with promot this project in the israeli comunity and also i will be more then heppy to be part of your test pilots for this great project

:)

if this can help i'm here for help

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

hello gents! Skatezilla, we are needing help with a basic pit and getting the canopy to show up in game. What kind of issues do you see with the external model? I can do the textture work. As for programming, we are using .lua and need a tone of help with getting the wings to sweep automatically and getting the fm set up accurately.

Also, I will be giving the mod in its current state to anyone who is helping. Skate, I'll pack up the module as is(with su25 pit for now) and the .max file for you. Uboats, since you are willing to help with programming, i'll shoot you a module as well and ASSAFM25, once we get some more bugs ironed out, I'll give you the module for testing purposes.

hello gents! Skatezilla, we are needing help with a basic pit and getting the canopy to show up in game. What kind of issues do you see with the external model? I can do the textture work. As for programming, we are using .lua and need a tone of help with getting the wings to sweep automatically and getting the fm set up accurately.

Also, I will be giving the mod in its current state to anyone who is helping. Skate, I'll pack up the module as is(with su25 pit for now) and the .max file for you. Uboats, since you are willing to help with programming, i'll shoot you a module as well and ASSAFM25, once we get some more bugs ironed out, I'll give you the module for testing purposes.

The Livery system and texture layers arent setup correctly which is why you have orange tanks and "Missing Texture" written on parts of the aircraft.

as for the canopy its prolly a simple texture or material assignment issue.

The Livery system and texture layers arent setup correctly which is why you have orange tanks and "Missing Texture" written on parts of the aircraft.

as for the canopy its prolly a simple texture or material assignment issue.

I haven't mad the map for the tanks as of yet and my theory is that there needs to be more layers on the textures.. cause the missing textures thing goes away depending on the angle you look at the plane... cause under the texture you see the missing texture map wrap lines.. so that causes me to suspect the textures need more layering and specular maps?

I haven't mad the map for the tanks as of yet and my theory is that there needs to be more layers on the textures.. cause the missing textures thing goes away depending on the angle you look at the plane... cause under the texture you see the missing texture map wrap lines.. so that causes me to suspect the textures need more layering and specular maps?

You likely have a Specular, Bump or reflection map assigned in the 3ds Material editor that isnt being linked correctly in the sim.

Yes, I would like to do testing.

BTW, do you have any detailed info of 14D?

To operate the wings, we can do something similar to Su-33 that the wing anime should have same ID, then use alt p or ctl p can operate the wings. Correct me if I were wrong

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

This is why I love these forums. Not only do people show intrest but will willingly give out help to people in need.

I wish I could help but I know nothing of the sort other than it looks really pretty!

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

I would like to lend a hand in program (C/C++ or lua?)

Hey I'm gonna shoot you a TS any help is appreciated from respected and trusted people. Once you get in I'll tell you our plan on the sweep wings and see what you have in mind

Nyt3Stalk3r

if u can send me also the project i will ask the israeli community programers for help :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

What kind of issues do you see with the external model? I can do the textture work... As for programming, we are using .lua and need a tone of help with getting the wings to sweep automatically and getting the fm set up accurately.

Re: Model-

Right off, the inboard edges of the intakes are wrong (not rounded properly, causing them to appear "longer" than their outboard counterparts", and the topside "step" from the glove down to the inlet ramp isn't pronounced enough (although this may be more a matter of the images presented- a head on shot would confirm).

With regards to the flight model, I have a number of Tomcat drivers and RIOs on retainer, and would be happy to consult as to how the jet "feels" when squared up against the performance charts.