ATC?

chardly38

When are you ED planing on fixing ATC. The ONLY airport that it works at is Anapa. Its getting annoying that new features have been added but the MOST important feature for cold start is still not working. Instead it having US aircraft smoke like Russian aircraft fix what's not working.PLEASE:thumbup:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

I think Wags talked about improvments fort ATCs in an old update. Maybe it will come along with EDGE.

For me it's the repeated "hold position" when you're taxiing with a friend. This should have been fixed as it's a realism breaker.

But we had big updates lately, we should be patient. DCS has a great future

You sure you're using the right frequency?

Fixed wing aircraft have stopped working. You get a response to startup then after that its no longer your option to ask for taxi or takeoff.

ATC has not been working for along time. It would be nice to get a responce from ED to when they are deciding to getting it to work again.

and yes im on the right frequency. I have been flying sense A10c 1.1.1.1

Here is what happens every time. Ask ATC for startup. Get a responce. If i close the ATC menu it will not come back up. I just get AUTO. If I leave the

ACT window open. It will get stuck open right after the bit test when audio is being tested and the A10 says pullup pullup. Then the menu window will not close until off the ground.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

I think Wags talked about improvments fort ATCs in an old update. Maybe it will come along with EDGE.

For me it's the repeated "hold position" when you're taxiing with a friend. This should have been fixed as it's a realism breaker.

But we had big updates lately, we should be patient. DCS has a great future

I get, understand and welcome working on the sim and making things better but when they decide to to change something that is not going to work would it not make more sense to leave it broken at there end and not send it out to us not working. And why is it only one airport that works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That must be with the Easy Communication option. Try it with the option off and setting your radio to the tower frequency of the airport you are at.

It's been working fine that way for all versions including the latest 1.2.8 (at least for me).

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

It needs a complete overhaul.. By theat I mean a new one but belive it or not takes alot of time coding and recording and testing...

I'm sure it is on EDs VERY LONG todo list.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

What ATC is in the sim is extremely weak and IMO useless.

Agreed. A 'No ATC Messages' check box would be nice until a new one can be implemented.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What ATC is in the sim is extremely weak and IMO useless.

ATC has always been useless in DCS. For me even bigger problem is the inability of AIs to land in the current version...ATC can be ignored for most of the time, however I cannot ignore the chaos which AIs create in landing pattern - interrupting landings before touchdown, plowing and flying underground, crashing by landing, taxiing on runway in opposite direction, etc...

That must be with the Easy Communication option. Try it with the option off and setting your radio to the tower frequency of the airport you are at.

It's been working fine that way for all versions including the latest 1.2.8 (at least for me).

No tryed it,. with or with out easy communication it is allways the same. close out the menu and all i get is VHF AM with no options.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed. A 'No ATC Messages' check box would be nice until a new one can be implemented.

^^ This. I pretty much ignore the ATC completely nowdays.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

It needs a complete overhaul.. By theat I mean a new one but belive it or not takes alot of time coding and recording and testing...

I'm sure it is on EDs VERY LONG todo list.

This has been on the to do list for a VERY long time. In fact, since last summer I recall an ATC over haul being a major point of effort specifically outlined in a patch.

At any rate the instability and hit or miss of the ATC and JTACS is absurd.

Maybe the coding for the new ATC is having problems...Or it needs other stuff to be implemented first.... Maybe.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 2 months later...

Repercussions for disobeying ATC!

There needs to be serious repercussions for disobeying ATC. Like having access to the game restricted or cancelled. That will increase everyones sense of stress!:lol:

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

ATC would be one of those lingering issues I'd most like to see fixed in a general period of consolidation after the release of EDGE. Indeed ED were working on a revamped ATC back around 1.2.4 (I think it was) but put it on the the back burner due to staff turn over and other competing issues AFAIK. There is quite a list now of these "never worked correctly" or "got broken during update X.X.X" sort of issues that need to get sorted in a general tidy up of the game - before we move on with any more significant changes/ improvements IMHO.

ATC would be one of those lingering issues I'd most like to see fixed in a general period of consolidation after the release of EDGE. Indeed ED were working on a revamped ATC back around 1.2.4 (I think it was) but put it on the the back burner due to staff turn over and other competing issues AFAIK. There is quite a list now of these "never worked correctly" or "got broken during update X.X.X" sort of issues that need to get sorted in a general tidy up of the game - before we move on with any more significant changes/ improvements IMHO.

Agreed!

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. I'm happy to wait until EDGE comes out, but I'm going to be hesitant to invest in more DCS modules until they fix some of the longstanding issues in their existing products.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hey guys, not trying to censor you, but lets try this, give me specific bugs in separate threads, such as actions and behaviors that you see are wrong, and I will report them as needed (some may already be reported).

Please try and include a track I can view or explicit steps to recreate so I can create a track myself. I will do my best to give you updates on progress made, as well as bugs that have already been reported.... thanks for the input already and thanks in advance for any bugs you report now.

Any more questions, feel free to PM me.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png