• Avro Vulcan
    • B-17
    • B-29
    • F-111

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they where to model a bomber in DCS to the DCS level ( A-10, Ka-50, etc) Would we need more than one person to employ a bomber type aircraft? ( except the F-117 on the list)

A BONE pilots has no access to the weapons does he?

A BUff EWO would be just as isolated from other systems?

Just a thought.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I was flying the Dora this past weekend and really wanted to do in a Boeing B-17.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Even if i like the A-6, he is NOT a BOMBER, he is a ground attack aircraft, exactly like the A-10, or (my favorite ground attack) SU-34 !

For a bomber, well of course i will like to flight the beautiful B-17, this is a shame that no one have done it, DCS WW2 have only it as a pledge goal which is stupid, this is by far the best bomber ever, hard to flight, not 1 but 4 engine to manage, having to flight to the right spot at the right altitude and having a guy that release bombs, having ton of guns that can shoot in all direction any fighter that come too close...

But their is too much WW2 plane, even if this one is a nice to have, always fighters and small aircraft it is nice but...

Anyway, if i have to make a choice, except the B-17, it will be between the F-111 and the B-1B, both are two great aircraft !

The F-111 with his incredible dump and burn ability http://www.militarydesktop.com/data/media/2179/F_111_Aardvark_56439.jpg

And his ejection cockpit as a capsule !

And its interesting moving wings, but also his small size for a bomber which make him probably really agile http://media.nara.gov/stillpix/330-cfd/1988/DF-ST-88-05713.jpeg

Or the B-1B which is beautiful http://www.acc.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/050207-F-2907C-253.jpg

He have style, speed, stealth (even if it mean nothing), low altitude and agile flight ability despite of his size, crew of 4, nice equipment !

He is a train of bombs http://laconqueteduciel.free.fr/images/b-1b_4.jpg

He also have like the F-111 moving wings and its a nice bomber, far from things such as B-52 or B-2 which almost only make high altitude flight for LOOOONG duration/distance, which will be nice for hardcore people who create a cockpit, but a pain and quickly boring for others peoples, with the B-2 we have train of bombs, big and complex machine, and actions http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8_4GnCTp578/TDv3M7gNZvI/AAAAAAAABY4/UR_GI6SakWg/s1600/B1B_2ship_Flares.jpg

And it is not a small/toy size

And damn it one of his mission is to buzz the enemy, flight low at high speed, that what we all take fun to do in free flight, flight low and fast, which mean one of his objective is to do what we do for fun, it will be the best bomber ever in DCS !

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

The A-10 and the A-6 are both very Specialized planes. But the A-10 is Build around a Gun and the A-6 is Build around a Navigation and bombing Computer ... So they are not made for the Same purpose.

I wold say the role as Medium attack and 15000pounds of bomb load makes the A-6 a kind of Bomber ;)

RAAF_F111.jpg

My vote. :)

I volunteer at a place called (Fighter world) & I get to clean A8-148. Love the F-111!

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

:thumbup:

I'd have to think that a bomber with modern CM's and AB's would have to take the fit. In a modern world of radar and infared AA and AAA, it would have to be capable of dodging the defenses and still be fit to do it's mission. For that, I am voting for the F-111 because one, it is a sexy looking beast and two it is pretty capable.

New map, new modules, praise the sun!:joystick:

Thanks for the new avatar Sith :lol:

Same, but either way, for me, any sub-modern or modern bomber would be an interesting test between teamwork and multi-crew!

EDIT: Thinking about it, would a modern bomber be feasible to a ASM level due to system classification?

Edited by Donovan23
question

New map, new modules, praise the sun!:joystick:

Thanks for the new avatar Sith :lol:

How classified is the F-117 at this point?

I believe that some of the stealth systems on the F-117 are now equipped on the B-2. So, in answer to the question, VERY.

(maybe, I could be entirely wrong

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

• 3 weeks later...