HOTAS Warthog Slew not fixed yet?

benargee

Ok, simple question, i know its been asked, but i havent seen it revisited recently.

Why hasn't the slew been fixed yet, based on what ive read, its not the HOTAS stick, its the game when using axis control for slew.

Im no programmer, but this seems to be an obvious problem and a simple fix.

Im referring to when using the slew stick, it stops working in one axis and requires re-centring the stick to resume slewing.

Yeah this should probably go in bugs but i want some more exposure for this issue.

Heres a post with the exact problem i am having:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=79719 (posts 1,2 and 6 describe it as not a hardware issue)

Edited by benargee
Added link

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Call Sign: Pork Chop.

intel I5 4670K @ 3.4GHz - GALAXY GTX 670 2GB @ 1080P - 16GB ( 2X8 ) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz - ASUS VG248QE 1080p

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO Mother Board - Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB(game/boot) - WD 640GB HDD 6.0GB/s - 750w Corsair Power Supply

:yes:Trackir 5 w/ Tclip Pro - :joystick:TM HOTAS Warthog - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G700s Mouse (edit:May19/14) http://wiki.benargee.com/

It might be a problem with your HOTAS, I don't have this problem in any DCS aircraft.

Check that you don't have anything plugged in that's conflicting with the axis?

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

What kind of HOTAS are you using? I did not encounter this kind of issue in any plane/heli. I am using either the G940 ministick or another ministick linked to a BU0836 board.

I found if both mini-joysticks are configured same time for a plane they will try to overwrite each other and they are behaving kind of eratically, so I simply use one of them as aircraft dependendent.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

What kind of HOTAS are you using? I did not encounter this kind of issue in any plane/heli. I am using either the G940 ministick or another ministick linked to a BU0836 board.

I found if both mini-joysticks are configured same time for a plane they will try to overwrite each other and they are behaving kind of eratically, so I simply use one of them as aircraft dependendent.

i thought my title was descriptive enough, sorry its a thrustmaster HOTAS warthog

intel I5 4670K @ 3.4GHz - GALAXY GTX 670 2GB @ 1080P - 16GB ( 2X8 ) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz - ASUS VG248QE 1080p

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO Mother Board - Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB(game/boot) - WD 640GB HDD 6.0GB/s - 750w Corsair Power Supply

:yes:Trackir 5 w/ Tclip Pro - :joystick:TM HOTAS Warthog - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G700s Mouse (edit:May19/14) http://wiki.benargee.com/

I am also using the Cougar HOTAS, I have no issue. I have not read your other posting but I would be happy to post up my Foxy profile for you so you can try that if you would like?

***never mind, I see you have the Warthog, I have the Cougar,,, sorry

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

There definitely do seem to be times where that happens, though not all the time. I've personally gotten used to it. The slew on the warthog is by far the biggest disappointment with the stick, probably my only complaint. They didn't replicate it realistically like they did with everything else, which is sad.

There definitely do seem to be times where that happens, though not all the time. I've personally gotten used to it. The slew on the warthog is by far the biggest disappointment with the stick, probably my only complaint. They didn't replicate it realistically like they did with everything else, which is sad.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Hey Ralfi!

Yea, agree. I already have two perfectly good nipples of my own, three is too many. I am getting used to the resetting, I'm just not sure if the throttle is %100 to blame. It seems like when I either use x or y i have no issues, its when i mix the two that i run into problems. When I go into the windows joystick settings and move it around it never stalls in there. The problem must be the games slew input.

I'm going to mess around with target and see if I can get DCS to play nice with the slew. i will return with my results...

... its when i mix the two that i run into problems. When I go into the windows joystick settings and move it around it never stalls in there. The problem must be the games slew input.

Yep, this is my experience as well.

While its not a huge annoyance, it can some times pose a problem in flight and mean the difference between getting a fast last second shot off or having to break off and visually acquire the target again.

I'm going to mess around with target and see if I can get DCS to play nice with the slew. i will return with my results...

Awesome! I'm curious to see what you find.

Like I said its not a huge annoyance for me but if there is a fix, I'd implement it!

I'm really not familiar yet with the Target software (I've only had my Warthog Hotas for a month or so), so info in this area would be a help to me at least. :thumbup:

DCS World 2.0 Open Alpha | CPU Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz| Mobo ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO | RAM G.SKILL 32 GB | GPU ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | PSU Corsair RM750i | OS Win 120 64-bit | TM Warthog HOTAS | TH Cougar MFDs | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 / TrackClip Pro & Oculus Rift | Monitor: Samsung U28D590D (3840 x 2160) |

Slew problem occurs for me too and I'm using CH HOTAS. There's nothing wrong with my axis settings or pots or anything else as I have checked multiple times and TGP, MAV and Shkval slewing is the only occasion this problem occurs. It's a bug in the game.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Ok, so I know what the solution is, i just need a means of creating it. I'm not so familiar with the scripting syntax in target but based on my findings the solution is possible. Standby.

Hopefully i could use a lua script directly with DCS instead of target. I just need someone with experience to help me.

Edited by benargee
Grammar Nazi knocked on my door looking for mistakes.

I've recently had this issue and found that reinstalling DCS cured it. I use the warthog with TARGET scripts for Falcon and find sometimes it seems to forget how to work within DCS.

Incidently I unplug and reconnect the warthog into a different device as well, this may not be related to the root cause but it's something I always do as part of the fix.

Hope this helps. I think your nipple is likely in fine health.

s

i7 950/4.2GHZ/12GB/680GTX/TWH/TIR5/OCZ128GBSSD/ Win7 64

The cub is the safest airplane in the world; it can just barely kill you :)

• 1 month later...

I am thread necro'ing I know :music_whistling: but I am having the same issue with my Warthog HOTAS too. Its only in the TGP. TAD and HUD are fine. At first I thought it was due to the stuttering from low RAM, but then I gave my machine 12 gig and it still happens.

Its like the TGP camera tracks, and then either gets stuck on one axis or just flat out stops moving. Using the kayboard there are no such stops or issues, so it cannot be a function of how the pod itself moves.

I will try to see if I can figure out how to set up TARGET. It seems rather complicated with the scripts etc.

Anyways, blue skies chocks away at ease carry on etc :captain:

CPB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

PRODIGAL WOMBAT STIMULATOR