[DCS World / FC3] SU-25A & SU-25T English Cockpit Mods

Thanks guys.

There're some places that need to be fixed. Maybe with next ED update, I'll fix them.

See you...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thanks you friends. :)

Lilkiki, you can be sure there're more talented guys with us. They're waiting for to be discovered. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

I'm doing something wrong. The instructions say to Move 8 files into "...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Su-25T\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip" file. That's it. There are 10 files in the folder. Which files should be moved. Plus the files are compressed. How do I move compressed files into a zipped folder? I'm totally new at this and confused. Can you offer any help?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I'm doing something wrong. The instructions say to Move 8 files into "...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Su-25T\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip" file. That's it. There are 10 files in the folder. Which files should be moved. Plus the files are compressed. How do I move compressed files into a zipped folder? I'm totally new at this and confused. Can you offer any help?

It is possible to move files into zipped folder. Open the file SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip with winzip (or 7zip or whatever program you're using) and drag & drop the new *.dds files inside as if you were copying them. Say yes to overwrite all in order to have the old textures replaced with the new ones.

It is possible to move files into zipped folder. Open the file SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip with winzip (or 7zip or whatever program you're using) and drag & drop the new *.dds files inside as if you were copying them. Say yes to overwrite all in order to have the old textures replaced with the new ones.

I think if we just put the loose files in the folder they'll be used instead of the ones in the zip won't they? I'm using JSGME, so I've just made the appropriate folders and dropped the files in there before enabling it but I haven't had a chance to test if it's working yet.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I think if we just put the loose files in the folder they'll be used instead of the ones in the zip won't they? I'm using JSGME, so I've just made the appropriate folders and dropped the files in there before enabling it but I haven't had a chance to test if it's working yet.

Yes..this is the best way of using zip-based mods with JSGME:)

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

The instructions say to Move 8 files... ...There are 10 files in the folder...
Sorry for that. It's just a mistake. You're right, there're 10 files in it and move all (10) DDS files into addressed zip file.

I used to use WinRAR or 7zip etc. softwares to compress my mods, but some friends have problem while installing the mod, if they have not these softwares. I think Windows's zip management can't handle with RAR or ZIP files that compressed by an other software, "if" I use "best compress method". Whatever. Now, I do use Windows's regular zip feature...

So Jcbak;

1. Extract the mod folder in anywhere.
  2. Open the "Textures" folder (you'll see SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip is in it).
  3. Just select 10 files and drag & drop them on "SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip" filename.

That's it.

...and this mod works with v1.2.9 as well...

Thank you friends. :) Have fun...

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes..this is the best way of using zip-based mods with JSGME:)

Actually I just got round to testing this and it doesn't seem to work!

Maybe if I remove the ZIP file and just have the loose files present (Devrim's plus the originals where he hasn't modified them) that will work. We can have JSGME automatically remove the ZIP file at the same time as dropping the loose files in the folder by adding an empty file named like this:

SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip-remove

EDIT: Nope, that didn't work either. I just ended up with the cockpits having no textures (I made separate JSGME mod folders for each aircraft, with the appropriate files and .zip-remove in each). Maybe the only option is to put Devrim's files in a Zip, which we should still be able to use JSGME for, just copy the original ZIP to the JSGME mod folder and put the modified files in that and then enable it.

Edited by doveman

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

No..you don`t get it right..DCS requires the zip File..if you delete it..DCS misses the Textures..what you do..you create an empty folder named "SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES" and place it in the same directory as the SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip. Then you copy Devrims Files in that folder..now DCS uses the Files in the zip and just replaces the Files that are duplicated with the files in the same named Folder...it is really stupid to explain..but if you once get it..you end up doing it with all zip based mods..

Edited by Lizzard

My Specs:

mmh. i have the same problem of doveman maybe...

I have moved the content in the mod to the zip file in ..\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Su-25T\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip overwriting the already present files.

When in game (instant action free flight) I see a black cockpit with only low-res HSI and HUD...

JGSME doesn't seem to do anything... (only successfully installs devrim's&ricardo's black HD Ka-50 cockpit)

am i doing something wrong?

thanks

mmh. i have the same problem of doveman maybe...

I have moved the content in the mod to the zip file in ..\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Su-25T\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip overwriting the already present files.

When in game (instant action free flight) I see a black cockpit with only low-res HSI and HUD...

JGSME doesn't seem to do anything... (only successfully installs devrim's&ricardo's black HD Ka-50 cockpit)

am i doing something wrong?

thanks

just to make it clear..JSGME can not copy Files into a zip File...I guess what happens is that you replace the original zip with a zip you created for JSGME just containing the Files of the mod?!

try the following.

In the JSGME Mods Folder create the following folderstructure

SU-25T english Cockpit\Mods\aircrafts\Su-25T\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES

The "SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES" is not a zip file but an empty folder.

Now copy the Files from the mod in that Folder...really the Files not the zip!!!

If you enable the mod "SU-25T english Cockpit" in JSGME DCS uses the original zip File "SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip" and "replaces" the duplicate Files with the ones in your created Folder

That`s the way to do it..and it normally works:)

My Specs:

just to make it clear..JSGME can not copy Files into a zip File...I guess what happens is that you replace the original zip with a zip you created for JSGME just containing the Files of the mod?!

try the following.

In the JSGME Mods Folder create the following folderstructure

SU-25T english Cockpit\Mods\aircrafts\Su-25T\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES

The "SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES" is not a zip file but an empty folder.

Now copy the Files from the mod in that Folder...really the Files not the zip!!!

If you enable the mod "SU-25T english Cockpit" in JSGME DCS uses the original zip File "SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip" and "replaces" the duplicate Files with the ones in your created Folder

That`s the way to do it..and it normally works:)

ok I will try that when at home, thank you.

however what I did yesterday actually was the "brute force" modification, excluding JSGME and by adding the 10 files contained in Devrim's mod to the SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip contained in DCS folder...i.e. I think I made it right!?

**EDIT: hmmm...I've read again the instructions for correct use of JSGME and I noted I used it not the correct way. I will try again when at home this evening...

Edited by Mano
update problem solving

No..you don`t get it right..DCS requires the zip File..if you delete it..DCS misses the Textures..what you do..you create an empty folder named "SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES" and place it in the same directory as the SU-25T-CPT-TEXTURES.zip. Then you copy Devrims Files in that folder..now DCS uses the Files in the zip and just replaces the Files that are duplicated with the files in the same named Folder...it is really stupid to explain..but if you once get it..you end up doing it with all zip based mods..

Thanks Lizzard, I was clearly doing it totally wrong so not surprising it didn't work :doh:

Next question. Does anyone understand how there can be both this type of mod, which modifies the files in the specific aircraft folders and this http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96829 which modifies CockpitsHDTextures.zip in the \Bazar\World\textures folder?

I just can't understand how the cockpit files can be in two different places :huh: