DCS Update - 1.2.10.32095.521 Fails.

Mrmaverick

Further update: today's updater fix has not worked - still on old version 30996. Download of Dora to attempt to reinstall will not work (old DCSW version incompatible). Update log attached.

[ATTACH]104655[/ATTACH]autoupdate_log.txt

You are Missing the "World" Module.

Have you tried:

Start Orb, type: CMD (to bring up Command Prompt)

Type: CD\

ENTER

Type: CD PROGRAM FILES\EAGLE DYNAMICS\DCS WORLD\BIN\

ENTER

Type: DCS_Updater.exe install world

ENTER

|

(DCS_Updater should open and start installing).

Then Update

Then Repair

Attach your autoupdater.cfg

I can almost guarantee there's lines missing from that.

For Example, When I Run Repair, my log shows this:

INFO : DCS/1.2.10.32095.521 (x86_64; EN;  WORLD,A-10C,KA-50,CA,UH-1H,FC3,P-51D,MI-8MTV2,UH-1H_video_EN,F-86F,SU-25T_video_EN,FW-190D9)

Yours only Shows FW-190 and P-51. The Updater is only Updating/Repairing those 2 items.

You need to install world into that list of things using the command line above.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Skate. cfg file .....

autoupdate.cfg

yup, you're missing the "WORLD" Module.

To install, use the procedure I posted above.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I just tried using the Command Prompt method as shown. I got the message re: no World files or something like that.

But by now I have tried so many things and have now lost or corrupted Repair Icon/Links etc, that I think I should seriously just stop wasting my time; uninstall World and Re-Install EVERYTHING right from the get-go.

Had I done that in the first place, I'd be done by now (assuming a fresh download/install of the World Install Files works at all ??!!!

Besides having many hours of downloads/updates etc ahead of me, I'm concerned I'll ultimately end up in the same place because of the latest Auto-Update which started all this in the first place.

The other down side is that I reduce my overall re-install count (re: Activation Keys) yet again.

I don't know if I should wait for a solution or just start gettin' at it !!?

SnowTiger:joystick:

I just tried using the Command Prompt method as shown. I got the message re: no World files or something like that.

But by now I have tried so many things and have now lost or corrupted Repair Icon/Links etc, that I think I should seriously just stop wasting my time; uninstall World and Re-Install EVERYTHING right from the get-go.

Had I done that in the first place, I'd be done by now (assuming a fresh download/install of the World Install Files works at all ??!!!

Besides having many hours of downloads/updates etc ahead of me, I'm concerned I'll ultimately end up in the same place because of the latest Auto-Update which started all this in the first place.

The other down side is that I reduce my overall re-install count (re: Activation Keys) yet again.

I don't know if I should wait for a solution or just start gettin' at it !!?

De-Activate Your Modules First (which adds an Activation Back).

Uninstall,

Install DCSW

Use Module manager to do the rest

You can also try adding "WORLD", to the autoupdater.cfg.

Edited by SkateZilla

Can I ask how to de-activate the modules? Do I need to do that by Module in-game manager? I see a chjeckbox flag and a trash icon in that window...

X:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\mods\aircraft\<Module Folder>\bin\

Run the Protect EXE and Choose De-Activate.

Following Skate's instructions, here is what finally worked for me to properly update from 30996 to the latest:

1) get to DOS command screen and run Updater.exe install WORLD (takes about 7 minutes, be patient)

2) run DCS update via Windows Start/Programs/Eagle Dynamics/DCS Update (quick)

3)run DCS repair via Windows Start....DCS Repair (about 5 minutes and updates runtime files).

Now all modules work. Never installed SU25 training so can't speak to that and run no 3rd party mods or campaigns.

Hope this helps.

have you tried to apply the temporary fix discussed in this thread?!?!?! Go to Training and delete/uninstall the Trainig Missions..then run the updater again..

If you have some mods running you will also most likely struggle with teh aircraft folder issue..

Hi Lizzard,

I will give a try today. My DCS was updated by steam though. Can I still use the updater?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KG13 Control Grip Building

Control Stick and Rudder Design

i7 8700K, Asus Z370-E, 1080 Ti, 32Gb RAM, EVO960 500Gb, Oculus CV1

Ok, I have managed to update to latest version. Then I used module manager to reinstall the dora and p51. Run game, have p51 but no dora. Protect.exe for the dora says it's installed and I reactivated it while there, but run game and still no dora. Neither the p51 or dora are now in the game's module manager to buy or install. So now what? Module manager says p51 installed, which it is, but dora is not. Have tried repair and update to no avail.

Edited by Altflieger
short term memory loss!

Hi Lizzard,

I will give a try today. My DCS was updated by steam though. Can I still use the updater?

DCS_Updater does not apply to steam, Steam uses it's own updater/file check.

Ok, I have managed to update to latest version. Then I used module manager to reinstall the dora and p51. Run game, have p51 but no dora. Protect.exe for the dora says it's installed and I reactivated it while there, but run game and still no dora. Neither the p51 or dora are now in the game's module manager to buy or install. So now what? Module manager says p51 installed, which it is, but dora is not. Have tried repair and update to no avail.

attach autoupdaterlog and autoupdaterlog.old.

likely DCSW Updated the P-51/FW-190 and not DCSW's Core.

So, can some one please confirm that we (the Community) are still waiting for an official fix to the updater problems? I have not tried updating yet period and would rather continue to wait unless the issues have been complely resolved? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

S!Blade<><

I waited with running the updater till yesterday evening. The first (but certainly not the last) confirmed hotfixed version was available on the servers by then, it downloaded all files and worked fine without any issues whatsoever. The game seems to be running allright, my three modules (P-51, D-9 and MiG-21) are visible and "operational", folder structure is clean (no "aircraft" vs "aircrafts" mess), on the other hand, P-51 campaign record was lost/reset. Mind You, I didn't have any aircraft mods or additional training missions installed. I use only ground and sky texture mods.

Other folks still have some problems it seems, don't know however how of these are updater related and how many are mods related.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

So, can some one please confirm that we (the Community) are still waiting for an official fix to the updater problems? I have not tried updating yet period and would rather continue to wait unless the issues have been complely resolved? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

S!Blade<><

Me too. I'm afraid to even try until this all gets sorted out. Seems like they fixed 1 problem, but not the others that were almost as game breaking. I don't feel like editing all my missions or campaigns just to fly in the a/c I'm supposed to

S!Blade<><

I think that the situation is that the initial update had a multitude of issues. One of which was the inability to update if the Su-25T training missions had been installed. That issue has been resolved, and the updater should proceed normally......however.....

there are a number of issues that were introduced with the last update and are present also with the recently corrected update, whereby things such as Campaigns and Missions, in particular those associated with FC3 are not working as they should.

So, yes the updater installation issue has been fixed (for the Su-25T training missions issue), but no there hasn't yet (to the best of my knowledge) been a fix for the other recently reported issues.

Although I am not actually sure what specific issues are being addressed currently, or ETA for the fix either.

If you are running a "non-steam" version of DCS you could try the process (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030) to revert to an earlier version that doesn't have the campaign and mission issues, this is a good option to continue running with FC3 without too much hassle, however since this most recent update permits the newly available MiG-21bis to run, you've got to stick with this latest release in order to run with that aircraft....

Regards.

Edited by Bravo020

Thanks for the answers guys. Bravo, sorry for your troubles, I have read this thread from the beginning and am thankful you and others have been collaborating with each other and ED to try to get this resolved. I think for now that i am just going to wait this out, as I have not updated at all yet. Hope everything gets fixed soon because I am dying to try out the new Fw190 tweaks that ED has made. Good luck to those of you who are still struggling through this little setback. :(

S!Blade<><

S!Blade<><

I have been wondering this too. So it looks like for now, hold off updating.

Edited by CookPassBabtridge

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

PRODIGAL WOMBAT STIMULATOR

wait..they changed "mods/aircrafts" to "mods/aircraft"?! Holy..this will need a lot of adjustment on (Cockpit based) JSGME mods..

:doh: NOT FUNNY :mad:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Skate as requested:

Sorry for delay, many thanks. Before posting tried the new repair thing but still the same :(

What exactly does the module manager say about the Fw190? Is it listed under "Available"?

Are you logged in correctly (top right)?

And what happens when you click "Refresh" (bottom right)?