Hangar?

ceauke

Hi guys

I cant fly... (YET)... but I bought a bunch of planes and want to support the developers. I saw a nice video on YT about a guy walking around the plane and looking at the features etc and it got me wondering. (

)

Can we get a HANGAR instead of a main menu for DCS? It can even be outside (even better), but allows you to walk around all the vehicles that you bought and enjoy the eyecandy. I guess when you enter the vehicle you can have the option for instant action, training etc.

Maybe I can just make a scenario and place all my vehicles next to eachother.

Notable examples of this type of thing in other games:

- Wargame airland battle, deck view

- Star citizen: Hangar module

Edited by ceauke
YT Link
  • Like 1

+1 Good idea.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Hi guys

I cant fly... (YET)... but I bought a bunch of planes and want to support the developers. I saw a nice video on YT about a guy walking around the plane and looking at the features etc and it got me wondering.

Can we get a HANGAR instead of a main menu for DCS? It can even be outside (even better), but allows you to walk around all the vehicles that you bought and enjoy the eyecandy. I guess when you enter the vehicle you can have the option for instant action, training etc.

Maybe I can just make a scenario and place all my vehicles next to eachother.

Notable examples of this type of thing in other games:

- Wargame airland battle, deck view

- Start citizen: Hangar module

Just wasting a time.

It would require completely rewriting the way DCS works when you start a mission. DCS does not check what you own until that point and you must have already selected an aircraft as well.

It is also a complete waste of programmer and artistic resources that could be used to correct existing flaws.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
It would require completely rewriting the way DCS works when you start a mission. DCS does not check what you own until that point and you must have already selected an aircraft as well.

*cough*

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129630

Unified GUI that eliminates the need for separate GUI and simulation .exe while also speeding up mission load times. Later, this will also allow us to integrate simulation elements into the Encyclopaedia and Mission Editor

Sounds something like that ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I don't really care for walking about, but at least being able to look at the 3D models all lined up would be really awesome. The ones you haven't purchased could be there too, with the ceiling lights above them turned off. That would probably tempt some people (me!) into getting more stuff than otherwise.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

I wasn't 100% serious

I'm the last one to insist that developers and artists follow my FANtastic ideas. This wasnt a request or a suggesion towards the developers. More of a wish that I share with the other enthusiasts. I will for sure try tonight to build this as a scenario/mission.

(I added the link to the youtube.

)

In the vid, the Mig is not released yet, but the author takes us around the plane and we get to drool a bit. Sounds neat for a marketing aid as well to allow a more simulated way of viewing what you can still buy and what is YOUR stuff.

I dont even know how mods work but maybe someone can write some mod to create a dynamic 'hangar' or make a tarmac square the right size to park all your planes there. It doesn't HAVE to be the new main menu. Just want an area to hang out and look at all the hardware that I bought. As I said, I'll see how well the mission editor works for this.

As a side note, do the mission editor vehicles have the same poly count as the models that we fly?

will be great. It is some of the things that we need.

Hangar with a active action of mechanic interactivity.

also we can have inside some features:

- Radio: comunication (keep a comunication with our team)

- Cantina: (our reaccion should be downgrade with high G maneuvers. Why not some food with a recovery simulation level)

- Bedroom: (the same case of the cantina)

- Depot: Sunglasses, Smoke grenade with diferent colors (for rescue marks), Guns, Maps, GPS or Glonass

- Intel info: Pictures terrain info (triggered with the recon aircraft)

-NOT ONLY THE AFM MEANS SIMULATION-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]