Proposing Mig 21-93 BISON

KewlerMouh

I would love it, it could probably be my favorite DCS module. But while it probably is still much easier than a module from scracth, it wouldn't be a trivial effort to build one for DCS. Gathering reliable declassified data (if there is), after finding that, coding almost all systems from scratch, changing 3D model quite a bit, making a whole new 6dof cockpit and probably tweaking flight model a bit doesn't sound like "just a new cockpit" to me :).

I am still hoping someday we'll get one of or both, Bison and Lancers. But I'm not sure if LN will consider doing them with probable difficulty of getting proper data in mind.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure LN will not indulge. 'Cause they are busy with new and more interesting stuff. I'll be totally satisfied with the Bis once they fix ASP-radar sys.

Whatever do you need the Bison for? Whupping asses in multiplayer? It no longer has that nice "soviet" feel to it.

It's still going to be "soviet".....

We're not ruling out an upgraded MiG-21 at some point in the future (if we can find some concrete data on it, as well)

Not in the near term, however.

Thanks Cobra. What's the chances with a MiG-23? (Any Variant)

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

• 6 months later...

Will not happen! Sorry!

Wait F-14 and Viggen.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Thank you for this insight I would like to see what brand of crystal ball that you use

Well seeing as the F-14 and Viggen have both Been Announced while a Mig-21-93 has not id say its a pretty obvious one...

I would be all for a Modern Mig-21 Variant in the future though.

A lancer A or Lancer C variant or a Bison would probably the best alternatives.

But for the next few modules from Leatherneck a Mig-21 Variant is unlikley.

Since we first have the AJS-37 (viggen),F4U corsair and the F-14.

And there has also been talk about a mig-23 being on the short list after that.

So while i would be all for a modern mig-21 i would not hold my hopes for atleast the next 2-3 years.

I am working on a a Lancer C, that's all i'm saying for now. I am going to start a thread soon where more details will be discussed. Unfortunately i am working alone(it's a personal project, not related with the Leatherneck team) and progress is slow

I would love a MiG-21-93 or 97 but I agree, the MiG-23 seems a more likely addition after the current 3 are out. I also think the MiG-23ML/MLA/MLD should be a higher priority as it was and remains the more common type. There is no telling what kind of timeline we are looking at as far as releases go. There is no chance of seeing a MiG-23 this year unless someone pulls off an epic surprise, next year seems possible if work is started sometime this year though. Not saying I think it will, only that it's possible.

And to john, good luck. I wish you the best on it.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Honestly I would love to see this, as well as 3rd party devs branch out into making new variants of released aircraft. Would add a lot to the sim.

Yes, I don't see much problems that different developers would start releasing a new variants of the existing modules. It could be easier than start from the scratch.

And that would as well offer mission editors to make interesting scenarios.

But as we know, time is limited, resources to get valid information etc is hard to get etc...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes, I don't see much problems that different developers would start releasing a new variants of the existing modules. It could be easier than start from the scratch.

And that would as well offer mission editors to make interesting scenarios.

But as we know, time is limited, resources to get valid information etc is hard to get etc...

The real problem isn't data but the real manufacturer.

You cant create a rafale in DCS with real data if you dont have a deal with dassault you will end bad.

Except from the small issue of revenue... I doubt any 3rd party dev are willing to give away their work for someone else to make profit from. In the end we are talking about business here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

I am working on a a Lancer C, that's all i'm saying for now. I am going to start a thread soon where more details will be discussed. Unfortunately i am working alone(it's a personal project, not related with the Leatherneck team) and progress is slow

Im with you!!

Tell me if u need financial help im not rich but can try help.:)

Mig23 ML is in dev :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137863

I've been keeping an eye on that project but I'm not holding my breath. There have been a lot of nice looking 3d models made for DCS but the number that got turned into actual modules with a proper high fidelity FM can be counted on one hand with a few fingers left over. I hope that MiG-23ML doesn't get added to that sad list of failed projects, but as a realist, I can't ignore the odds. So until it looks like it really is going to happen, I see no reason not to push the established devs towards it. It's too important of an aircraft to not be made.

This isn't meant to take away from what SVKSniper is doing. I really do hope he pulls it off and makes a high quality module out of it. I just want some insurance on that for this particular plane.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

The real problem isn't data but the real manufacturer.

You cant create a rafale in DCS with real data if you dont have a deal with dassault you will end bad.

Probably true, and we already know the antics of Dassault to some degree (M-2000 instead of Mirage 2000 :/) so I don't know how easy they would be to deal with.

Dartuil, thank you for your kind offer but i think i can handle it. Anyway, very nice of you to propose.

I believe that at this moment a good help from the community for any modder would be in the programming part of the job and experts in aviation. They are needed because a 2D and 3D artist cannot provide all the work. And this is the reason, in my opinion, that led in the past at so many unfinished projects.