Mustang's land textures zip file package

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Package updated this evening filename '104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (April 28th 2017)'

*Fixed some more clipping and scale issues with tree textures

*Improved overall look of the main noise1 texture for all seasons

Noticed tiny bit smaller files sizes,

I also think to notice some smoother FPS movement

I also think it shows somewhat even prettier ..

(but I might be fooling myself :) )

Great update again, THX

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Package updated this evening filename '104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (April 28th 2017)'

*Fixed some more clipping and scale issues with tree textures

*Improved overall look of the main noise1 texture for all seasons

Can i get updated files somehow or i need download again complete package? Thanks.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

This is nice, currently flying on the AO server , fps looks good even though I have Visible Range to LOW and others like Trees / Grass to a minimum still good performance it's sure a keeper.

THanks Mustang

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Can i get updated files somehow or i need download again complete package? Thanks.

Sorry Falcon i only do a complete package not individual changed files :)

This is nice, currently flying on the AO server , fps looks good even though I have Visible Range to LOW and others like Trees / Grass to a minimum still good performance it's sure a keeper.

THanks Mustang

Nice one glad it's working out on your rig.

terrain vibrance...

Mustang I'm wondering why when I install your mod the land textures go back to being as dark as the native DCS installation was before I did the HDMI tweak and raised the vibrance level. Even at noon with no clouds the land textures are not bright with little color vibrance. It works well on the stock DCS files but when I install your mod it doesn't anymore. When I go back to the native DCS installation it's bright and the colors are vibrant. Of course your mountains are amazing in texture, color and vibrance...I would like to see you lighten the rest of the land pallet if this is possible since the HDMI tweak doesn't seem to work on your mod.

Please let me know if you'd like comparison photos I'll be happy to post them.

Edit: I'm referring to when I fly Oculus Rift not when using monitors.

Edited by fitness88

This looks fantastic! Thanks for all of your efforts!

One issue though, I use this mod with JSGME, and when I have this enabled, I lose the smoke coming out of the chimneys in the towns.

Is this intentional or a bug?

Is there a file I can edit to get the smoke stacks to work?

Thanks again for the great looking mod!

Cheers!

This looks fantastic! Thanks for all of your efforts!

One issue though, I use this mod with JSGME, and when I have this enabled, I lose the smoke coming out of the chimneys in the towns.

Is this intentional or a bug?

Is there a file I can edit to get the smoke stacks to work?

Thanks again for the great looking mod!

Cheers!

"towards the end of the ultra lua (or extreme etc) there is a line:

switchoffFetchSmokes = 1;"

change back to "1"

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Do you mean switch it from switchoffFetchSmokes = 1; to switchoffFetchSmokes = 0;?

ah, there's a thought ..

yes

Hi Mustang,

Friday I've downloaded the last version of your mod "104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (April 28th 2017)" but since this upgrade I have a problem with my textures (I can see many patterns).

My DCS is last version DCS 1.5.6.4818 Update 3 "Stable".

With your old versions of you Mod no problems, in fact with you last version I have a patterns when I fly at middle altitude.

PS:

If I remove your configuration's files Everything is OK:

Extreme.lua

High.lua

Low.lua

Medium.lua

Ultra.lua

Here few screenshots of these patterns with your last version:

836162Screen170430145942.png

670774Screen170430145836.png

485677Screen170430150012.png

354573Screen170430150214.png

Here after to have just remove your configuration's files from this version of your last mod and used your old files from "104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (April 2017)", owever I use your last textures files:

Extreme.lua

High.lua

Low.lua

Medium.lua

Ultra.lua

636199Screen170430153015.png

EDIT:

Here a small video with your config's files: https://youtu.be/VvERomcYu68

Mustang do you have one idea ?

Is it normal or bug ?

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

If I remove your configuration's files Everything is OK:...

Heh... I just remove it. :) I Use stock files and i think is much better visally. Far cities for example. But i don`t have that grass paterns, maybe because i use clutters only 50m.

Now i see you ask to remove it. I think is ok (for me).

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Here a small video with your config's files: https://youtu.be/VvERomcYu68

Mustang do you have one idea ?

Is it normal or bug ?

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

That looks like a mixture of stock terrain textures mixed in with my newer ones, something must be really messed up on your installation :huh:

BTW the config files have not changed in the past versions, the only changes have been in some of the seasons zip files - also no one else i have spoken to have had these problems like you have so it's unique to your setup.

My guess is that the software you're using to install the mods is somehow messing things up, a manual install of this mod causes no problems.

Edited by Mustang

Hi 238thFalcon,

So if I well understand you the best solution is remove from the last Mod the configuration's files ?

Thanks, Skull.

Try this, open the mod package with WinRAR or 7Zip and compare the config files between the past couple of versions, you will see they are exactly the same.

Try this, open the mod package with WinRAR or 7Zip and compare the config files between the past couple of versions, you will see they are exactly the same.

Mustang between old and new versions the config files are not the same. I've download two times your last Mod and it's always the same problem,

Is it normal to have for the Height value this number 2000 and not 500 as by the past ?

For the Medium file:

"Old version":

land_detailNoise=

{

Height = 500.0;

Slope = 1.0;

For the Medium file

Medium "Last version":

land_detailNoise=

{

Height = 2000.0;

Slope = 1.0;

}

EDIT:

For installed all my Mods I don't use any software, all in manual...

Mustang is it normal ?

Thanks again, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader