Mustang's land textures zip file package

No news of the upgrade mentioned yesterday?

Thanks in advance:thumbup:

:pilotfly:

I'm waiting on my uploader guy to re-sync the dropbox link on the 104th site, till then you can get it here

(link disabled too much traffic generated)

this is my own personal dropbox account, it is limited to a certain maximum daily traffic so go easy on it please!

Changes in this version:

updated lua file,

adjusted aircraft hangars for Vaziani in the Extra Snowy textures zips so they have snow cover on them,

changed all textures in LandTexturesAutumn.zip, LandTexturesSpring.zip, LandTexturesSummer.zip and LandTexturesWinter.zip (including Extra Snowy) to DXT5 DDS format (was previously DXT3 which was lower quality and occasionally showed image compression artifacting)

Edited by Mustang

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting on my uploader guy to re-sync the dropbox link on the 104th site, till then you can get it here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuhf0s0k8qn6f6x/104th%20Terrain%20Textures%20Package%20DCS%20World%201.5.x%20v1.21%20%2814th%20May%202017%29.rar?dl=0

this is my own personal dropbox account, it is limited to a certain maximum daily traffic so go easy on it please!

Changes in this version:

updated lua file,

adjusted aircraft hangars for Vaziani in the Extra Snowy textures zips so they have snow cover on them,

changed all textures in LandTexturesAutumn.zip, LandTexturesSpring.zip, LandTexturesSummer.zip and LandTexturesWinter.zip (including Extra Snowy) to DXT5 DDS format (was previously DXT3 which was lower quality and occasionally showed image compression artifacting)

moved to my dropbox and downloading from there so I'm not using your traffic :smartass:

Changes in this version:

updated lua file,

Mustang from your dropbox we can download the "Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (9th May 2017)" a new version will be release today or tomorrow ?

Thanks, Skull.

Mustang from your dropbox we can download the "Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (9th May 2017)" a new version will be release today or tomorrow ?

Thanks, Skull.

I'll have things sorted out in about an hour or so, might have to use Mediafire for now - i'll provide a new link once the upload is finished.

temp link https://www.mediafire.com/?jrzffm7tm81p4qb

I've actually made a change to the package this afternoon (new noise_small texture) so the one posted earlier is already out of date (this mod never rests! LOL)

I've added extra rocks/vegetation to the noise_small texture, it's subtle but blends in and works well especially with the HD grass textures (applicable for spring summer and autumn only, the winter seasons still have their own noise_small texture)

OqCfKz9.jpg

Edited by Mustang

Thanks Mustang, you're kit is always awesome. I don't like to fly without it!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'll have things sorted out in about an hour or so, might have to use Mediafire for now - i'll provide a new link once the upload is finished.

temp link https://www.mediafire.com/?jrzffm7tm81p4qb

I've actually made a change to the package this afternoon (new noise_small texture) so the one posted earlier is already out of date (this mod never rests! LOL)

I've added extra rocks/vegetation to the noise_small texture, it's subtle but blends in and works well especially with the HD grass textures (applicable for spring summer and autumn only, the winter seasons still have their own noise_small texture)

OqCfKz9.jpg

Really nice.

What i have to give you for VR optimized version? My left arm ? :D

Sent when im drunk with my iphone near me :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi dear Mustang,

Thanks for your answer and this new version.

Best regards. Skull

Hi dear Mustang,

Thanks for your answer and this new version.

Best regards. Skull

No prob, the package was updated a few hours ago as per the first post in this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2226656&postcount=1

Changed noise2PerSquare = 120.0; to noise2PerSquare = 150.0; in all luas for better scale of the newer noise_small texture

Adjusted mipmaps of noise_small texture to allow subtle blurring/blending at close range.

Thanks Mustang for your link, I've tested this new version and I really like all the rocks.

Mustang please can you tell me if upgrade after upgrade the grass from your Mod drop the PFS ?

Thanks again, Skull.

No prob, the package was updated a few hours ago as per the first post in this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2226656&postcount=1

Changed noise2PerSquare = 120.0; to noise2PerSquare = 150.0; in all luas for better scale of the newer noise_small texture

Adjusted mipmaps of noise_small texture to allow subtle blurring/blending at close range.

"The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire."

Link broke ..

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

"The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire."

Link broke ..

Standby, link will be updated shortly......Done, check first post again.

Updated grass for spring summer and autumn (optimized DDS format)

Adjusted luas for slightly further render distance of noise1 texture

Adjusted summer grass texture (tweaked the hogweed parts)

Rd0qyrv.jpg

UaQNMjA.jpg

Edited by Mustang

Mustang thanks for this last version, please we must change these values for this new version 16th May 2017 ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

Mustang thanks for this last version, please we must change these values for this new version 16th May 2017 ?

No i was just stating that these changes were made in the package, you don't have to do anything.

Hi Mustang,

Thanks for your explanation, I have a question about the flashing grass, with old version as "104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (April 28th 2017)" my grass don't flash but with last version from May the grass are more flashing.

Is it normal ?

Maybe a normal evolution of your textures ?

Please can you tell me more ?

Once again thanks for your assistance and this awesome Mod. Skull

Hi Mustang,

Thanks for your explanation, I have a question about the flashing grass, with old version as "104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (April 28th 2017)" my grass don't flash but with last version from May the grass are more flashing.

Flashing? what do you mean? could you post a video of this?

Flashing? what do you mean? could you post a video of this?
Of course it's not dramatic but with my PC the grass flash more than old version of your Mod.

Here I join you a small video but with this video it's not easy to see the flashing grass, it's more visible when I use DCS.

In fact the near grass are good but it's the more far grass who flash.

I don't know if it's important but I use the TrackIR.

EDIT,

I've uploaded my video to my Dropbox because the quality is really better than Youtube (almost better than my DCS), if you can download and watch it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vvoh1477vwmqxa/Grass%20Test.mp4?dl=0

Link to Youtube:

Thanks. Skull

Edited by Skulleader

It's the high detail of the grass causing the shimmer, one way to get around this would be to heavily reduce the detail/resolution of the textures so the shimmering goes away, i am reluctant to do this. Earlier versions of this mod used lower resolution textures and less variety of flowers and mostly grass only.

Also in that video you are flying in summer season, i have since added Hogweed textures (the white flowers) and those might account for some of the white flickering.

Try forcing Adaptive Anti-Aliasing on your graphics card or Super Sampling AA, this will mostly cure the problem.

Edited by Mustang

Of course it's not dramatic but with my PC the grass flash more than old version of your Mod.

Here I join you a small video but with this video it's not easy to see the flashing grass, it's more visible when I use DCS.

In fact the near grass are good but it's the more far grass who flash.

I don't know if it's important but I use the TrackIR.

EDIT,

I've uploaded my video to my Dropbox because the quality is really better than Youtube (almost better than my DCS), if you can download and watch it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vvoh1477vwmqxa/Grass%20Test.mp4?dl=0

Link to Youtube:

Thanks. Skull

I think he means the grass has a bit of a shimmer now. Looks like its moving a bit in the wind. I don't fiddle with my settings, so this short video was taken with my original settings.

Have a look here;

https://youtu.be/In5GpCBrZmw

EDIT. You cant really see it on You Tube's..lower resolution. But the higher you go (my monitor is 2560x1440), then you can see it. However I am usually above 500' so too high to care anyway! LOL.

Cheers

David

Edited by Accipiter
resolution on you tube

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Hello Mustang and Accipiter,

Thanks for your explanations, yes I've try to forcing the Anti-Aliasing with Nvidia Inspector but it's really an FPS killer.

I've tested Anitialiasing - Transparency Supersampling 8X or more but my FPS drop. With 4X my FPS are perfect but the grass flash...

Here I show you my settings AA with Nvidia Inspector, please can you tell me if I must change other values from these lines ?

379201NvidiaInspectorGrass.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Mustang and Accipiter,

Thanks for your explanations, yes I've try to forcing the Anti-Aliasing with Nvidia Inspector but it's really an FPS killer.

I've tested Anitialiasing - Transparency Supersampling 8X or more but my FPS drop. With 4X my FPS are perfect but the grass flash...

Here I show you my settings AA with Nvidia Inspector, please can you tell me if I must change other values from these lines ?

379201NvidiaInspectorGrass.jpg

Sorry i use an AMD graphics card so i'm not all that familiar with the settings you have, i can only guess and compare that way.

It's unfortunate but the shimmering is just a fact with these grass textures, even the stock ones do it but it's less apparent because they are much lower resolution that the ones I've made - when the new Caucasus map comes along there will be new grass tech like what you see in Normandy and Nevada and all this will be a thing of the past.

Sorry i use an AMD graphics card so i'm not all that familiar with the settings you have, i can only guess and compare that way.

It's unfortunate but the shimmering is just a fact with these grass textures, even the stock ones do it but it's less apparent because they are much lower resolution that the ones I've made - when the new Caucasus map comes along there will be new grass tech like what you see in Normandy and Nevada and all this will be a thing of the past.

No problem dear Mustang, I look forward the future Caucasus map because our map is really old now...

Thanks again for your assistance, it's really super. +

EDIT:

Mustang your new white flowers are visible in June not July, correct ?

In June the grass flash less than July.

For DCS June is spring and July summer ?

Rd0qyrv.jpg

Edited by Skulleader