Mustang's land textures zip file package

Hi again,

After to have repair my DCS now everything work fine.

Yes maybe a problem with old and new textures...

Thanks again and congratulation again for you incredible work.

Bye, Skull.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed that flying (VR) very near smoke kills FPS, but they are useful when heli flying to gauge the wind direction and strength.

I've heard that, actually I didn't realize the smoke was turned off with this mod. I'll be turning it on and see what it's like.

I also realize that this mod is very different in a positive way when viewing on screens than when viewing with Oculus Rift. Oculus darkens the scenery to the point of muting the color and lowering the vibrance which reduces the affect of this mod or any scenery mod, however I've replaced the aircraft canopy with a clear non-tinted glass and it helps reduce the affect of OC.

When I saw this mod on my screen for the first time I was very impressed as the difference is night and day to when viewing through OR.

I fiddled with the digital vibrance settings under Nvidia, and it makes it look a lot better with OR.

Definitely worth doing

I set the vibrance to 85 did you also set your output dynamic range to 'full'? Also you need to set choose how color is set to 'use Nvidia settings' before switching the connections back.

Yes it does indeed make all the difference but did you notice that for some reason it doesn't seem to work very well with Mustang's mod it's not as bright and color vibrant when using OR. Mustang's mod works very nicely but with screens only.

I'm trying to figure out how to have it work with OR.

Edited by fitness88

In case anyone missed it the package was updated as of May 1st, includes much improved distance blurring of noise textures through efficient mipmapping (may even give a slight FPS boost for some)

Thanks a lot ... I'm one of your happy users, will download the new version :)

Cheers!

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Amazing mod Mustang! Caucasus is nothing without your mod... Just one little thing ;)

Can you make the SmallShitGrass files a little bit blurry (like you did with a very old version of your mod)? The current files are shimmering...

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

Mustang's land textures zip file package

So far these are my favorite (still waiting for textures made just for VR)

Is it normal (in vr) that Ultra vis range feels bit short , i mean even big cities wont be visible until too close. Extreme is fine but hits fps hard.

Stock High is quite spot on for vr users , so maybe i have corrupted files ? Stock/vanilla high looks better than ultra in this mod.

Should i try to reinstall dcs ?

Or can i use stock vis range files with this ? (i like these textures and trees are great in this mod)

To make this short :

Far cities wont be visible from far away :D

Edited by Haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (9th May 2017).rar is released on 104th website

This version has revised tree textures that have a much stronger degree of mipmapping, making all the forests and trees around towns alot nicer looking - also tweaked the grass textures for all seasons (watch out for the stinging nettles :p)

NDpr6UQ.jpg

iNakOKZ.jpg

FyUjMeT.jpg

DRFq6mk.jpg

rSGkNzy.jpg

erjw5SD.jpg

kwGSj5i.jpg

yIaKLqK.jpg

aWU7bSt.jpg

J4TL14s.jpg

3e71Ez2.jpg

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 1

Always a MUST download Mustang. Amazing job.

Is there no other way then using nVidia Inspector to remove the grass shimmering?

Can someone please blur abit the alpha layers of the SmallSh...Grass files for me? Everytime I do it by myself I cannot resave the DDS :(

Always a MUST download Mustang. Amazing job.

Is there no other way then using nVidia Inspector to remove the grass shimmering?

Can someone please blur abit the alpha layers of the SmallSh...Grass files for me? Everytime I do it by myself I cannot resave the DDS :(

Only way to do this is to heavily reduce the detail/resolution of the grass, while it looks good from a distance it ruins it up close so i won't do this sorry.

You could however use Adaptive AA or SSAA, but as you know it kills FPS.

Edited by Mustang

Only way to do this is to heavily reduce the detail/resolution of the grass, while it looks good from a distance it ruins it up close so i won't do this sorry.

Ok, no problem ;)

But can you show me your DDS settings when saving the Grass files so I can blur them a bit on my machine for myself.

Hey Mustang

I edited the high.lua to bring back view distance of towns.

Its the same as the default high setting.

Stops pop-up for me and doesnt affect FPS....1080GTX here.

Enhances your terrain mod.

For anyone that wants it.

Regards

Thanks, was my only problem with these.

Sent when im drunk with my iphone near me :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Mustang

I edited the high.lua to bring back view distance of towns.

Its the same as the default high setting.

Stops pop-up for me and doesnt affect FPS....1080GTX here.

Enhances your terrain mod.

For anyone that wants it.

Regards

Rgr i'll add this to the package since i plan on a few updates today, thx :)

Edited by Mustang

Interested also....

Thanks both.

+1 :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hello Mustang

Thanks for this new upgrade, please can you tell me if the FPS are the same between 104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (9th May 2017) and 104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (April 28th 2017)

Thanks in advance, Skull :thumbup: