Mustang's land textures zip file package

Mustang! Buddy! Just wanted to say thanks for this awesome mod. It's making a world of difference! Take care.

System: i5 760k stock standard, Intel DP55WG, 6gb Patriot DDR3-1333, 1 x 500gb HDD, 1 x 1tb HDD, Gigabyte GTX460SE (1gb DDR-5 256bit), 23" Philips LED, keyboard, mouse, gamepad, PATIENCE!!! :pilotfly:

Dutchman Design Co : http://dutchmandesignco.co.za

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I realized that when this ground texture mod is applied, fps is reduced to 30+ from 40+ when close to the ground. I couldn't bear it, so I deactivated the mod for now... which is a shame. I liked this mod a lot.

I am using Gigabyte 680 OC 2G, i5 3570K stock, 16G of ram and a Corsair SSD 240G.

I suspect it is because of the limited amount of vram. But I am not sure.

Do any of you notice that?

Edited by blackbelter

Yep, a noticeable performance drop even on my 3GB GTX780. Switched back to Toby's "Low&Slow" texture update. Looking forward to better (supposedly) performance of the EDGE, though, because I liked some of the objects and textures in the Mustang's pack. I'll get back to it for sure.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Are a lot of people using Sweetfx with this texture pack? If so, can somebody point me to a decent tutorial on how to set sweetfx up? It's a bit confusing right now with installation, I read somewhere to download a separate 64 bit patch for it, and then there are separate settings (toby posted his in one of his readmes).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Are a lot of people using Sweetfx with this texture pack? If so, can somebody point me to a decent tutorial on how to set sweetfx up? It's a bit confusing right now with installation, I read somewhere to download a separate 64 bit patch for it, and then there are separate settings (toby posted his in one of his readmes).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140824

In particular, post #3 in the thread by cichlidfan is very helpful.

SweetFX does not reduce the FPS count by much, but it makes view-changing wiggle a lot. Not worth it IMO. Also deactivated.

Just flew a training mission on this new terrain Mustang. Wow by far the best yet and performance is perfect!! Gives such a great illusion to varied terrain.

+1 Really like this pack. Been flying Toby's Low and Slow (edited by highwayman), but this one really makes the textures realistic. Almost DCS 2.0 esque.

• 5 weeks later...
Are you guys using that modified high.lua? For me, that was actually the reason for the performance drop by itself.

Absolutely right - if I don't apply the High.lua the FPS is steady on maximum available with my system. The thing is that I don't want to mess a lot with this file since there are many parameters that I don't understand how they affect the scenery.

is there a specific parameter or maybe few parameters that I can change back to default or decrease the amount so I don't get that sudden frame drop from 60 and altogether get the look that mustang intended?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Mustang, Thanks for the effort.

I have a broad band Internet so I downloaded the whole package but for the sake of other users maybe it's a good idea to upload a second link only with the modified lua?

Thanks mate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Hey guys i'll update the package in a short while, it'll include terrain .lua files that are less aggressive towards FPS loss.

edit: first post link updated.

Thanks Brother!!

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Thanks! +1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• 1 month later...

Mustang, Just a feedback here - as you can see from my previous posts Your ground texture mod is the one I'm using from the various out there and the last release is really excellent - no sudden hit on FPS and the ground looks great.

just for notice - I'm using Morevisibility 1.4 mod on 'very high' and as you advised I did changed the noise1PerSquare to 1 instead of the default 5 in the lua file. I don't use mirrors so I didn't concluded that in the mod folder via JSGME.

Thanks for an excellent mod and for sharing your work:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm... Is the base texture (seen in attachment outside the perimeter road) supposed to be that low-res, or did I install something wrong?

What struck me after checking out the update was the fact that the green "pudding" patches look good from high altitudes, but damn ugly from low ones, with a noticeable detail difference between these and city/town/airport infield textures (as seen on attachment). They don't mesh all that great with roads and railroads either.

I think this latest compilation might be a the great option for fighter jocks flying high, but being a ground mower, I'll switch back to previous package, which, in my opinion, offered superior image quality down low and was my favourite texture update so far.

How about providing links to both, so everyone can choose the optimal one for his typical mission profile?

Screen_150615_223840.thumb.jpg.614b1cc1eb33902e8d55fe63b96b8074.jpg

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Another set (set3) of spring/summer/autumn noise textures WIP

PhLRpsj.png

hAxMtjX.png

5PuQcbw.png

tugPWLu.png

s19Eosh.png

Hey Mustang,

are these textures still available somewhere? They look amazing. Would like to test them.

Best,

SW

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Mustang - What's up with the version 060515 in the first post? It's a bit bigger than 060615 that was there few weeks ago, why the revert to a previous version?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm... Is the base texture (seen in attachment outside the perimeter road) supposed to be that low-res, or did I install something wrong?

What struck me after checking out the update was the fact that the green "pudding" patches look good from high altitudes, but damn ugly from low ones, with a noticeable detail difference between these and city/town/airport infield textures (as seen on attachment). They don't mesh all that great with roads and railroads either.

I think this latest compilation might be a the great option for fighter jocks flying high, but being a ground mower, I'll switch back to previous package, which, in my opinion, offered superior image quality down low and was my favourite texture update so far.

How about providing links to both, so everyone can choose the optimal one for his typical mission profile?

For now i have taken the link for this version down, i may revisit this at a later date and improve on the lower altitudes visual quality.

Hey Mustang,

are these textures still available somewhere? They look amazing. Would like to test them.

Best,

SW

Sorry these were experimental and i'm not sure if i have them in my archives anymore

Mustang - What's up with the version 060515 in the first post? It's a bit bigger than 060615 that was there few weeks ago, why the revert to a previous version?

I've decided to use this one as it has a greater degree of detail over the previous version, and it also has some nice bumpmap effect added to it :)

At present i'm working on another version (again!) this texture works very nicely on all areas of the map without looking too out of place, and of course it looks v nice down at low altitudes as well as higher ones.

iiunPfR.jpg

ywaGyHa.jpg

aKRG56I.jpg

these screenshots are from summer season textures, autumn and spring look just as good and are almost complete, as soon as i'm content with the quality i'll put a link up for download.

Edited by Mustang

TOP!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Mustang, these screenshots look fantastic!

For the 'grasshoppers' (aka: Shark, Huey) among us:

Will they still be so nice down in the weeds?

Or are some special changes in high.lua necessary?

This is always the trickiest part, so far i'm personally happy with how it's looking - the thing is, even though it's an 8192x8192 resolution texture there will always be some degree of pixelation at times down low, i tried getting around this in earlier versions by applying some blur but this results in some loss of detail.

Some screenshots down lower, this looked 10x better when actually in flight and moving at speed :)

WLVHLbt.jpg

0VoRd4z.jpg

8eJT8t4.jpg

OK: convinced. :thumbup:

Downloading.... :joystick:

Hold yer horses lol i haven't uploaded that version yet! :D

I've been testing out a 16384x16384 version in an attempt to squeeze as much low level detail as possible, the filesizes are a bit much (1.1gb .bmp uncompressed but around 1/3 that as a .dds file)

a 16k res texture is really pushing the limits i think, however if my AMD R9 270 2gb card can handle it no problems i bet you people with beefier hardware can :)

oy067VC.jpg

dk2nabM.jpg

mWgc04F.jpg

X7IaqdS.jpg

Edited by Mustang