104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

The mission of "Operation Able Archer V12" has some problems:

There is four slots of MIG-21 that can be selected by user for red side in the mission, but after I selected them for flight, it does not present MIG-21 as usual.

there is no cockpit and plane.

can somebody fix it~~~~

Same issue with Su-27 red side. Works normal for blue side

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Updating Server to Open Beta 1.5.1.46722.87 http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2546251

^^ this update though.

I know a lot of people are wondering wtf is going on these days, with server crashes etc. I can hear your wonderings on your wonderful Live Streams :D

It is what it is.. with 1.5 Open Beta, and now this patch, it has become exceedingly difficult to administer the server. This latest Open Beta removes the ability to actually kick people because the Player Pool does not show up while in Spectator. Picking an Airframe from the host (to not be in spectator), results in a crash. Can't view chat messages, or even chat from the host ingame.

Log files are rubbish, no UUCID-IP-Callsign translation or tie in going on. Missions won't rotate. Missions cannot manually rotate without a restart. And this lingering issue with warehousing from legacy missions vis a vis MiG-21 is getting old having to surgically edit files and copy/paste warehousing into missions... Also, Memeory leakage is not even funny. Some of the crashes are because of low memory conditions (that's right, 16Gigabytes used).

The Struggle is Real, folks.

Edited by RIPTIDE
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why the Mig-21 have not EWR in the 104th server? Is ridiculous this aircraft that have been designed for GCI have not EWR.

What I understand the EWR can be set with a frequency only for the Mig-21 and do the same with a second Blue AWACS only for the 21 guidance.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why the Mig-21 have not EWR in the 104th server? Is ridiculous this aircraft that have been designed for GCI have not EWR.

What I understand the EWR can be set with a frequency only for the Mig-21 and do the same with a second Blue AWACS only for the 21 guidance.

Random question just out there... will the EWR spill over to FC3 functionality?

The EWR game mechanic for FC3 aircraft was broke last I heard. (Ghost contacts everywhere from network loss of aircraft/clients). Will this also affect Mig-21 functionality? Will MiG-21 be chasing all over the place for ghost contacts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The EWR game mechanic for FC3 aircraft was broke last I heard. (Ghost contacts everywhere from network loss of aircraft/clients). Will this also affect Mig-21 functionality? Will MiG-21 be chasing all over the place for ghost contacts?

Nah Rip, no datalink on the Mig-21, so no ghost contacts, just traditional contacting AWACS on radio, just like in the F-15.. so yeah I think it would spill over to the FC3 side automatically.

....This latest Open Beta removes the ability to actually kick people because the Player Pool does not show up while in Spectator. Picking an Airframe from the host (to not be in spectator), results in a crash. Can't view chat messages, or even chat from the host ingame....

Press ESC, then you should see the players pool. It is hidden behind the select role screen.

Chat should work, at least it does on my server.

But I know what you mean. It is really hard to keep a server running.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I don't get what you mean.

If you set EWR out of FC3 frequency, so I mean set a different frequency that work only with Mig-21 preset channel. This setting cause ghost for the FC3 Russian MFD?? this is not suppose that happen, the FC3 should not get any response as well any data link MFD response because they have a different frequency. The FC3 aircraft can work only with onboard radars

Deadly situation for the Mig-21 inside this scenary

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Press ESC, then you should see the players pool. It is hidden behind the select role screen.

Chat should work, at least it does on my server.

But I know what you mean. It is really hard to keep a server running.

Fox

I figured Key Bindings would do the trick. OverG gave me a look at his. They worked a treat. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are there actually missions on the server featuring AWACS?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Are there actually missions on the server featuring AWACS?

No, AWACS has been bugged for well over a year now. Datalink doesnt work properly and when the server is busy it takes AWACS ages to answer F-15 pilots, so we don't bother using them, they are border line useless.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;2552978']No' date=' AWACS has been bugged for well over a year now. Datalink doesnt work properly and when the server is busy it takes AWACS ages to answer F-15 pilots, so we don't bother using them, they are border line useless.[/quote']

Would be nice to have an HVAA to shoot down though...

quicky 10 seconds after post edit: Are tankers invulnerable?

Lord of Salt

quicky 10 seconds after post edit: Are tankers invulnerable?

Yeah, this is so no-one takes them out if they make a mistake refuelling.

Rather than practice offline, many people just try live on the server with no previous practice and end up smashing into them.

Once 1.5 gets sorted out I will add some HVAA target stuff in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;2553368']Yeah, this is so no-one takes them out if they make a mistake refuelling.

Rather than practice offline, many people just try live on the server with no previous practice and end up smashing into them.

Once 1.5 gets sorted out I will add some HVAA target stuff in.

Cool, thanks! :thumbup:

Lord of Salt

And ED still hasn't fixed the bugged AWACS during the past year, Maverick? Do the developers know about the problems?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence