104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

What about having AWACS on the server?

We are just as eager as you lot to have the AWACS back in our missions. Sadly the AWACS in DCS has not worked properly for about 2 years now!

There are bugs with the Datalink system to the SU27s showing aircraft that have already been killed or have crashed, this causes a lot of confusion and subsequently, complaints.

The AWACS is also border line useless for F-15 pilots too, when the server is quiet it can work as intended, but when there are many clients in the server all trying to get info from the AWACS the messages get delayed and very often by the time the AWACS answers you the data is out of date and useless.

We have been patiently waiting for this to get fixed for some time now, sadly we won't have the AWACS back on station until these issues are resolved.... we have just reintroduced the Tankers back into the server after they were removed for 1 year and 6 months+ due to an infinite fuel bug that took ages to get fixed.

Hopefully next year at some point the AWACS will get fixed and we can have them back in the missions! We all miss them too ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

How about GDI (is that the right acronym?) for the MiG21?

EWR stations share the same problems with AWACS?

How about scripted Awacs/GDI delivering text to the player?

Also how about more fleshed out CA stuff in your missions? A few more SAM systems that players can take to a tactical position and await the enemy?

Thx.

P.S. The Op Leopard mission is giving a few people problems with stutters, is it just more intensive on RAM than the others?

:bow:

How about GDI (is that the right acronym?) for the MiG21?

EWR stations share the same problems with AWACS?

How about scripted Awacs/GDI delivering text to the player?

Also how about more fleshed out CA stuff in your missions? A few more SAM systems that players can take to a tactical position and await the enemy?

Thx.

P.S. The Op Leopard mission is giving a few people problems with stutters, is it just more intensive on RAM than the others?

:bow:

In operation Armageddon you can transport Tors with a Huey! There is this other mission, (watcher?) where you can transport MANPADS with an Mi8 or Huey depending on what side you are on!

A GCI wouldnt work for the MiG21 because it would still show the ghost contacts to the russian Datalink.

104th_Junior

"if you don't play against better people you won't get any better."

Good attitude. Stay focused on self criticism instead of the goto "bullshit". From what I hear tacview isn't working too well atm which is unfortunate for learning.

If you have time to read you can go to the advanced search page and search for BVR with titles only selected, might want to select english forum only too. There's a stack of threads about it, might not be the most flawless or organized source of information but it's a start.

Good attitude. Stay focused on self criticism instead of the goto "bullshit". From what I hear tacview isn't working too well atm which is unfortunate for learning......

Thanks blaze I've actually been doing a bit of research and it's worked out pretty well. Was flying on the 159th server on an f15 and in one pass netted 2 su27 kills and a hog, before trying to return to base low on fuel and no weapons and subsequently owned by a Sam I didn't notice lol.

Later got on the 104th in su27s with 2 friends and was feeling cocky and all three of us got completely out classed by one f15 who killed all three of us only seconds apart.

Crazy stuff :D

Did you even use EOS?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

In operation Armageddon you can transport Tors with a Huey! There is this other mission, (watcher?) where you can transport MANPADS with an Mi8 or Huey depending on what side you are on!

Been looking last few days, tried 3/4 missions and there's nothing for CA users.

:cry:

Been looking last few days, tried 3/4 missions and there's nothing for CA users.

:cry:

They've run a few missions with JTAC, but the Huey transport missions mentioned above aren't the ones with JTAC enabled. Not sure if those JTAC missions have been updated for 1.5 yet, I doubt it.

Has tacview/export been disabled on the public 104th server? I tried to capture stuff last night but all I got were my own tracks. I know some hosts disable the export function to stop cheating so I understand. I'm really desperate to know how these stealth 27's are performing miracle shots on me without any detection of their presence at all.

If it is disabled on the clients, can it still be captured on the host? If so, have you considered posting the track file after each mission re-cycle so we can have a look retrospectively? Is this even possible? I appreciate it's a bit rich from me asking people who volunteer their time/effort for free for feature enhancements so feel free to ignore.

It's a great server though and my favourite goto place whenever I need to be reminded of my position in the food chain!

Cheers.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

*sigh*

yes - and I really wish they would reconsider it

other servers don't restrict tacview and cheating isn't rampant

in fact, I don't recall seeing a single instance of cheating

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Probably there only for good reason and measure due to instances in the past to prevent further disruption

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

*sigh*

yes - and I really wish they would reconsider it

other servers don't restrict tacview and cheating isn't rampant

in fact, I don't recall seeing a single instance of cheating

^Makes too much sense... :wallbash:

:D

Lord of Salt

Thanks blaze I've actually been doing a bit of research and it's worked out pretty well. Was flying on the 159th server on an f15 and in one pass netted 2 su27 kills and a hog, before trying to return to base low on fuel and no weapons and subsequently owned by a Sam I didn't notice lol.

Later got on the 104th in su27s with 2 friends and was feeling cocky and all three of us got completely out classed by one f15 who killed all three of us only seconds apart.

Crazy stuff :D

I noticed when you are flying with friends more than two you have a fake sense of security. For some reason i still fall for it. I think i need more training for it. Because at this point i'm better on my own. Unless i fly with somebody that really really knows what they are doing and actually try to protect you. And you try to protect them off course.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Just wondering. Will you be switching the MiG29s for bluefor back to G variants?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I want to formally protest the 'aircraft explode'-trigger in OP Armageddon when you enter a not yet active A2G area.

15 secs is way too fast, before I even realised what was going on and started to turn back I could read my kill message in chat. I will accept cargo&slingload operations for helicopters as compensation, you shall have NOOBAIRLINES(!), coupons in return.

Free Travel&Cargo delivery!

I want to formally protest the 'aircraft explode'-trigger in OP Armageddon

Thank you sir, your protest will be noted in the Captains log ;)

Just wondering. Will you be switching the MiG29s for bluefor back to G variants?

No, only one of our missions is East vs West, all the rest have the S on Blue along with the G, although I think there are one or two missions still needing the G added.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad