104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

From now on the 104th asks all clients connecting to the server to use the following autoexec.cfg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wt80e6ytlzuo58/autoexec%20for%20DCS%201.5%20and%202.0.zip?dl=0

once downloaded copy the autoexec.cfg to:

C:\Users\<name>\Saved Games\DCS\Config

this file will ensure that the client gets sufficient upload/download parameters for when the server traffic gets busy, and should go some way to ensuring a more stable server for everyone (based on this post http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2523941&postcount=415)

In addition to this post, i'll add the following image since many have complained about poor ground target visibility/FLIR capabilities when flying air to ground

qT2b9Eq.jpg

I've shown the edit to ultra.lua here as an example, please edit your lua based on what visibility setting you have set in your options.

Edited by Mustang

Sorry for the question Mustang, I'm so slow to understand these things. So, what I need to do is, download the file, and copy to \Saved Games\DCS\Config. Ok, it's ok, I already did that, but do I need to change anything? parameters, lines or anything? Or just run the game and fly?

No that's all you need to do, as long as that autoexec.cfg is in your Config folder the rest will take care of itself :)

Do these changes to the noise values affect visual quality while playing on the server?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Do these changes to the noise values affect visual quality while playing on the server?

Yes it actually makes the quality of the terrain look better and how it's intended to look, FLIR usage will improve as well as the ability to spot ground targets overall.

Edited by Mustang

Finally 2.0 server go combat!!!

It was time!

But stay empty. :( Been waiting there for minutes nobody.

Edited by dartuil

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

e-3nellisto.jpg

We have added AWACS back into the 1.5 server to test for Ghost Contacts on Datalink and Performance issues.

If the tests go well we will add AWACS into Joint Warrior 5

Please let us know if you have any problems!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

How did the tests progress so far? (What about ground commander slot so people can be in radar SAM units 1st person? Tor/Osa)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Please everybody BE AWARE:

*****NEW 104th TEAMSPEAK IP*****

pls bookmark our new IP:

96.94.104.129:9987

pass: phoenix

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Does this mean host/server location/HARDWARE changed/improved? :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

We are rolling back our server today to the previous version 1.5.2.49392.141 due to the instability with the new patch.

To many clients are reporting issues after updating to the Open Beta 1.5.3.

We are advising clients who want to fly in our server to roll back and stay on the stable version!

(sorry)

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

From now on the 104th asks all clients connecting to the server to use the following autoexec.cfg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wt80e6ytlzuo58/autoexec%20for%20DCS%201.5%20and%202.0.zip?dl=0

once downloaded copy the autoexec.cfg to:

C:\Users\<name>\Saved Games\DCS\Config

this file will ensure that the client gets sufficient upload/download parameters for when the server traffic gets busy, and should go some way to ensuring a more stable server for everyone (based on this post http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2523941&postcount=415)

In addition to this post, i'll add the following image since many have complained about poor ground target visibility/FLIR capabilities when flying air to ground

qT2b9Eq.jpg

I've shown the edit to ultra.lua here as an example, please edit your lua based on what visibility setting you have set in your options.

Not sure what all the settings in the lua files do but would you mind expanding upon what exactly these changes do?

EDIT: Refering to the suggested ground target visibility changes.

Not sure what all the settings in the lua files do but would you mind expanding upon what exactly these changes do?

EDIT: Refering to the suggested ground target visibility changes.

These two settings fix the problem with the strength of the noise texture in the terrain and the overall scale/size of the texture, in 1.5.2 they are both incorrect and make it very difficult to spot units on the ground - also just so you know in the 1.5.3 update this fix won't be needed since these parameters will be included by default in the lua files.

Since couple weeks ago I no longer be able to connect to your server. I suspect its because my higher ping (above 300 )? But it worked before....if its true then I must say good bye to this server

Thanks

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze