104th_Maverick

;2627971']

Restricted Weapon Missions

• F-15C - Aim7 & Aim9

• SU27/SU33 - R27R, R27T, R60M & R73

• MIG29 - R27R, R27T, R60M & R73

• Mig21 -No Restriction

• Mirage -No Restriction

If you have to have FC3 fighters on a server, this is how you do it! More fun for all sides, look at when the Blue Flag event did this!

R-60M on Su-27/33 is not realistic ;)

Great stuff, I always enjoyed the '80s days on the 51st server back in the FC2 days. I'll jump in.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

WHAT?? MiG-29 ONLY in team RED ?? Why?? Ukraine ALSO has MiG-29!!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Thanks to everyone who turned up for the SARH Sunday! It went really well with some intense furballs, we will do this more often I think!

Was a fun game. Any chance of doing a guns only dogfight mission one day?

You just missed two of them!

[ame]

[/ame]

We will do more of these events in the future so keep an eye out!

WHAT?? MiG-29 ONLY in team RED ?? Why?? Ukraine ALSO has MiG-29!!

Do you ever read a mission briefing Daniel? It clearly told you it was an East vs West mission... chill out with the caps!

Edited by [Maverick]
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Ok sry 4 caps. but what about Ukraine being blue?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

One question. Why do the mission briefings no longer show. Was this disabled in the latest patch?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

One question. Why do the mission briefings no longer show. Was this disabled in the latest patch?

We removed the mission briefings on some of the missions a while ago to try and fix the issue with the server not showing in the MP list, as initially it looked like the bug was related to the briefing size.

We have now learned that the briefing had nothing to do with it, we are working on getting all the missions briefed back up again, with a dedicated section on our website for more detailed briefings!

Should be done by the end of this month :)

Ok sry 4 caps. but what about Ukraine being blue?

Ukraine are on Blue on all of our missions except the East vs West one. We wanted to give the community at least one Russia vs West style mission, that was straight up F-15 vs East ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ZWuTYRb.jpg

We created a 'Newbie Lounge' on our Teamspeak Server!

This is for new players who have questions about DCS or flying online to get some help from the rest of the community! If you see anyone sitting in this channel and you have time to help out please jump in and ask them if you can help!

The more people we get started flying online the better!

Flying in a crowded server on a packed teamspeak can be slightly intimidating for new players, so this channel is a great place to start if you are not sure what you are doing and are a little shy to jump into the main channels and start asking people questions :)

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Maverick,

Obviously the Mirage is only partially combat capable right now (no IFF, no Manual Radar Movement) so it's not imperative until it's more completed, but if the Magic II missiles stay in their current abissmal state, this mod may be worth allowing in your integrity check:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=157862

Also here is the thread illustrating the Magic's problems if you haven't seen. Watch the video in post #192 to see the problem in action.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=156901&page=7

Hey Maverick,

Obviously the Mirage is only partially combat capable right now

Hi,

I've just been having this conversation with one of our members.

The Mirage is in Beta right now as you know, subsequently there are issues with it, especially involving air to air weapons and radar.

After a bit of research so far I've found that the Mirage2000C never carried the Aim-9M, it is however carried the Aim-9P before. (if someone can post evidence otherwise that be cool)

I'm not in favor of allowing a mod for the Mirage to carry better weapons simply because it's own weapons are not working properly yet.

...However, I'm a sucker for trying to keep you guys happy!

firma_produkt_3_obrazek.jpg

So,

Until otherwise stated we WILL allow the Aim-9M & P to be carried on the Mirage 2000C in our Servers. We decided if it carried the P before in real life we don't mind a little compromise and will allow the M version also.

Don't get carried away with this though, we are doing this to try and help you guys enjoy air combat, this is not a free for all to carry any weapon you want.

I will be instructing our admins to remove any clients that carry additional weapons on the Mirage, so if you start popping off anything but the missiles you are supposed to have or the Aim-9, you'll find yourself banned pretty quickly ;)

Edit:

PLEASE USE THIS RESPONSIBLY AND ONLY CARRY A SENSIBLE AMOUNT OF WEAPONS ON YOUR AIRCRAFT. USERS CAUGHT WITH DOUBLE RACKS ON EVERY PYLON WILL BE REMOVED!

Aim9s can be carried on the OUTER PYLONS only!

IF YOU ABUSE THIS WE WILL REMOVE IT!!!

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;2631852']ZWuTYRb.jpg

We created a 'Newbie Lounge' on our Teamspeak Server!

This is for new players who have questions about DCS or flying online to get some help from the rest of the community! If you see anyone sitting in this channel and you have time to help out please jump in and ask them if you can help!

The more people we get started flying online the better!

Flying in a crowded server on a packed teamspeak can be slightly intimidating for new players, so this channel is a great place to start if you are not sure what you are doing and are a little shy to jump into the main channels and start asking people questions :)

Great idea, Mav.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

So...LAU-105 with AIM-9X on the outer racks?

JK, those things are worse than Magic...

Seriously though, thanks for the addition, I don't fly the mirage much, but that ought to make things a LOT more fun for those that fly it. :thumbup:

Lord of Salt

Thanks guys!

I know some people won't like it, we can't please everyone sadly.

I hope people see we are doing this to try and help people have fun within the realms of a semi realistic scenario, until the Mirage gets patched and we get word from Uncle ED on its weapons.

Ie, are they going to receive further tuning or do are they working as intended.

Edit:

Thanks to 104cdt_pYlot for finding this info on the Mirage -

https://books.google.hu/books?id=U05OvsOPeKMC&pg=PA44&lpg=PA44&dq=mirage+2000+aim-9&source=bl&ots=62u-HNCgjN&sig=50kk-Kdy0ik3KtYlKw0qaOCh9bY&hl=hu&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=mirage%202000%20aim-9&f=false

si1fp.jpg

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's not a mirage 2000-C. :P ;)

I am concerned that people will take the habbit to load whatever they like and this spreading into other game server. Unless you set a script check loadouts on take off, this gonna get nasty quickly. We already see regulary F-15C with Phoenix and Su-27 with R-77. Game server are un-monitored like just about anytime.

;2632754']Hi,

I've just been having this conversation with one of our members.

The Mirage is in Beta right now as you know....snip

Wow, that was a fast change! Thanks a lot, I think it is an appropriate temporary addition. :thumbup:

Hi guys, I used to fly on the 104th occasionally back in 1.2.16 but I didn't really touch DCS too much after that. I just want to know what version of DCS are you guys on? Are you guys on 1.5 or 2.0? Today, I tried to look for the 104th but could not find it, I remember I used to get decent pings off the server which tells me I'm not awfully far from it... (I am in Canada, Ontario) is there a time in which the server is up and server is down? Thanks :)

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂