Leatherneck Simulations Monthly Update - January 2015

Cobra847

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to derail anything, I'd pay big bucks for a Mig-25 (as well as an F-14), but out of curiosity, do the recon and strike versions of the foxbat, like the BM, retain the capability to shoot R-40s? What few things I found on the web don't list R-40s as usable, but then they don't say the radar or pylons were tampered with either...

The studio had started to develop the next 3 module,just waiting the announcement date.

Whatever these guys wish or want the module is,the studio has started programming the aircraft on their plan.

Edited by Flycat

MiG-25 is unusable, its only advantage is straight speed - nothing else. For me it is waste of time.

But MiG-31, yes why not.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I dont know why, but i think you all be disappointed because none of the planes will be supersonic, i expect wwII era propellers. at least at their website there were pictures of them.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

I dont know why, but i think you all be disappointed because none of the planes will be supersonic, i expect wwII era propellers. at least at their website there were pictures of them.

Probably not. As it was mentioned at the start of this thread, that nearly everyone will be pleased with at least one module. This indicates that each of the three modules probably will fill a different roll and possibly also era.

I don't want to say that they won't produce a WWII era prop, but if they do, the other two aircraft will be something else. I don't think they could satisfy most of their customers otherwise.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I like props too... And I have a theory....

I like all eras of military aviation, but I don't see more than one WW2 plane being in that list of three. One plane is pretty much certain, and that's the F-14. The other most requested aircraft are the F-5 and F-4. I don't see them doing 3 US planes though given all the other US planes coming. It just doesn't make sense from a business or player standpoint. So of those three, I'm nearly certain at least one will be a Russian or Chinese bird, probably third or modernized third generation.

They did mention a while back that they were definitely doing a Mig-23 but that it wouldn't be there "next" plane.

Wasn't that prior to the split with Beczl? Have they confirmed that this is still on course?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Thank you for this informative, light and just like the Mig21 training missions, humorous post!

I cannot wait to see what you release next. I have been flight simming since the 1980's and no plane brought a smile to my face in the way the Mig21 did upon my first take off. I will never forget it. Incredible work.

S.

Listed below are some of the major additions planned:

• New & improved sounds, both in interior and exterior views. Based on real MiG-21 samples. Improved Engine RPM Feedback and immersion.
  • Improved radar screen visual representation.
  • Re-Introduction of red cockpit floodlights
  • Performance improvements wherever possible.
  • Major improvements in exterior 3d model accuracy (pylon tilt, wing thickness, gear door shape, front windshield fuselage joint and more)
  • New AAA quality pilot model in the cockpit (toggleable)
  • (in conjunction with previous) Animated and correct post-ejection pilot model & animations
  • Improved artwork & textures for various ordinance (SPS-141, ASO-2, Atomic bombs and more)
  • Default cockpit livery variations. (Green, Finnish, etc.)
  • 10+ New default liveries. (Bulgarian, Polish, Czech, GDR, Cuba, and much more)
  • Re-introduction of tactical numbering

Thank you so much for working on that! It's exactly what I'd like to be done :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

please share!?

My guess is based on the first image in this thread. Note "cats and ducks" along with previous hints

F-14 Tomcat. As has been hinted at massively

F6F Hellcatcat. As has been spotted on their site and as is "missing" from VEAO's list

J2F Duck. Well it fits that first image. Taking off from water would be a first in DCS and quite a coding challenge I suspect.

All the above are Grumman products and if they agreed to an F-14 the other two shouldn't be a problem

My guess is based on the first image in this thread. Note "cats and ducks" along with previous hints

F-14 Tomcat. As has been hinted at massively

F6F Hellcatcat. As has been spotted on their site and as is "missing" from VEAO's list

J2F Duck. Well it fits that first image. Taking off from water would be a first in DCS and quite a coding challenge I suspect.

All the above are Grumman products and if they agreed to an F-14 the other two shouldn't be a problem

That is actually exactly my prediction a well :)