OMG please have another sale soon.

Deathticket1974

• ED Team
Not quite accurate Mr C, as in the Steam publishing portal allows a dev to set their own discounts to whatever and whenever. You just don't get any further negotiated discount from Valve if outside their 'calendar events'.

As for Steam, I personally prefer it for DCS, but then I play a lot of different games. Happy to have the choice :)

EDIT: But I should say also, it makes more sense for ED to stagger sales in different shops. If there was a Steam discount coming, then it would make sense to make it a couple of weeks after the ED one for sure. ED Store == more profit for ED, Steam Store == volume/profit and exposure to 110 million active shoppers.

That isnt quite true, Steam does not allow a dev to do sales less than three months apart. The last sale on Steam being in January.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

That isnt quite true, Steam does not allow a dev to do sales less than three months apart. The last sale on Steam being in January.

Yep, it is at the account manager's discretion too, but I know what you mean in that they don't want devs doing a 'two weeks on, two weeks off' thing. When there wasn't a limit before some naughty devs used it as a technique to get listed more on the 'On Sale' tab more often (which works for a bit on getting traffic, but was ultimately abused).

I just wanted to let cichlidfan know that Valve is rarely in control of, um well, practically anything :) . It's pretty much a self-service publishing thing, what with 22,330 apps in the db now.

I just wanted to let cichlidfan know that Valve is rarely in control of, um well, practically anything :) . It's pretty much a self-service publishing thing, what with 22,330 apps in the db now.

Thanks for the information. Looking back at the history of ED on Steam, I find all of that to be, shall we say, interesting. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for the information. Looking back at the history of ED on Steam, I find all of that to be, shall we say, interesting. :)

I didn't mean to imply anything nefarious. The ED saying of 'Everything is Subject to Change' is pretty much Valve's SOP, but exponentially so. They are pretty random and can be frustrating to deal with; and the only thing consistent about them over the years is their inconsistency (well, that and all the money).

Hopefully ED do great out of that store/platform, as at the end of the day we all want DCS to sell well so we can have lots more DCS! :)

DCS Mid-Winter Sale: not on Steam

Yesterday evening I got notification of DCS Mid-Winter Sale!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138996

I bought my DCS World, as any other add-on I own, from Steam where I cannot find any DCS sales.....:(

My question is about the possibility to buy some new installs from DCS site and activate them by Steam. Is that possible?

In other words, is possible to have an hybrid installation of DCS World packs bought from Steam and DCS company.

Hey, I guess it's a frequent question but didn't find the answer...

I own Fc3 on steam so if I want to buy something with the actual sale I need to install Dcs without steam ? I am lost !

Thx for the help.

For this sale now correct. You can get the stand alone download and bring your steam copy over to that but you cannot bring your stand alone copy over to steam.

Download DCS world: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

Then in the main menu, click module manager, log in with your e-shop account, and you can download the modules have activated.

Alternative: you can download an installer for each module here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/ but I think the module manager is easier to use.

Edited by emg

I hope you guys got in on the sale as it looks like it is now over with. The prices even went down further then what they were listed at.

109, 190, F-86F were 9.99 and not 14.99

A-10C was 7.99

Mig-21Bis was 24.99 instead of 37.

I didn't notice until I clicked the module page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...