Poll for Civil Modules you would buy for DCS World

Anatoli-Kagari9

Poll for Civil Modules you would buy for DCS World  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Poll for Civil Modules you would buy for DCS World

• Aerobatic Sukhoi, Yak, Pitts, Extra,...
    • Cessna Skyhawk, Piper Arrow, Beechcraft Baron, ...
    • Turboprop PC-12, B200, ...
    • Helicopter Bell 206, AS350, Robinson 44, ...
    • None !!!! I only want something with a canon!!!

Heavy combat would be nice Any B- model (B52,B2,C130 Gunship and there counter parts:thumbup: would be great. I have to say it Civie planes thats what MS X was for...:megalol::smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love Civilian aircraft for several reasons, centralize my sim experience and get every aircraft in one sim. Besides the pleasure of flying the aircraft, the mix of civ and military would make for great RP and stunning scenario opportunities/mp sessions. It would only really make sense on much bigger maps though, which would be great.

One can dream.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, idea of having civilian aircraft inside DCS is IMHO strange for the lack of better word.

The "C" in DCS should keep meaning something. The way I see it: DCS is already being dissolved by WWII(and a little bit by trainers), adding civilian aircraft would not be good for it, I believe.

So big NO for civ aircraft from me.

lol most warbirds have seen more combat then most modern fighters......................... smh

Voted 5.

Civilian aircraft would only be natural for DCS as a sandbox flight simulator. Not only because they are fun in their own right, but because they are part of the combat aspect of the simulation. I see people bring up the C in DCS but then not talk about all aspects of C. One case in point is the post that brings up that very subject and then dismisses trainers and WWII.

While noble intentions abound, this is not a good idea. Civilian Flight Simulation exists already in three forms: Microsoft Flight Simulator 10, X-Plane 10, and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D not to mention FS9 which is still viable. The aforementioned simulations perform civilian flight simulation very well. DCS is not a superb flight simulation platform but a military combat flight simulation samdbox.

I disagree. DCS is a superb flight simulation, but it has strengths and weaknesses compared to other sims. Flight physics, which is what I consider the most important aspect of a simulator is where DCS shines. Obviously physics are extremely important for any type of flying and not at all limited to combat.

- DCS is a subscriber to the flat Earth society. There is in fact not a world but a small section of it and I interpret the World in DCS as being the real world of combat aircraft simulated in DCS. That is apparent now from WWII to the present age.

A global map is as useful for combat sims as it is for civilian sims. Either way we don't have one, but the sim is still useable. EDGE is adding support for a globe, so one may even come in the future.

- DCS World does has always done military combat best. They have a monopoly on it and there is noone hands down that can compete. As such, DCS can't compete with FSX, XP-10, or P3D and nor should it try to.

This doesn't make sense to me. DCS is the major combat player, but that doesn't impede it from competing with FSX, etc.

Civilian flight simulation is entrenched and a huge market that includes military aircraft. But no one simulates military aircraft and the combat environment they operate in better than DCS. This should be their continued focus because TackPak and the like come nowhere close ...

This is only good news for people who are into both types of flying and good news for people on the civilian side looking for unique sim experiences.

- DCS is the last combat aircraft simulation frontier we have and this is it. Flight Simulation in general is past prime and beyond decline .... no big-name publisher house wants to touch it. This makes DCS unique in its own right and the addition of flyable civilian aircraft would destroy what this sim is about. ARMAIII is out and good for such kiddie stuff as flying a Cessna to achieve some objective and hope not to be shot down. But this is DCS and the image of this game as a combat simulation only should be preserved lest it be muddled and have civilian pilots now demanding the ED provide the entire world, every airport including my own hometown airport, all runway and airport services, great scenery, more options like a 747, and seek to turn DCS into some FSX clone ... that is a horrible vision.

What you fear happening doesn't follow from civil aviation in DCS. Combat pilots already want a world map (I do), already want better ATC and airport simulation (I do), already want great scenery (the whole point of EDGE). Not only are these things already:

1- in demand

2- handled by ED without putting themselves out of business (I don't see them bending over to every feature request without thinking about where it fits in in the long term)

but they are also beneficial to the combat side of the sim.

I don't see a FSX clone. I see DCS with civil planes.

What makes the user base in DCS explode is to bring this military aircraft made for civilian flight simulations that so many love to DCS. The F-16, the F/A-18, the F-14, the Hind, the F-15E, etc. Fulfill that laundry list and this place will be hopping.

With third party modules there's nothing stopping DCS from getting both. Also, civil aviation seems to have a pretty consistent demand, at least on the forum, so I'm sure we'd be hopping with 777's and A380's just as much as F-16's.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Voted Cannon.

While I'd love a C-17 "just because", as someone has already stated there is zero reason to have something like that unless it can be used for it's intended purpose. For a transport that would mean integration into the ME supply system. If you want to fly aerobatics, then fly one of the jets that's already in and capable of doing that.

DCS is great at the combat part and absolutely atrocious at everything else that makes the real world of flying go round. ATC? no. Weather? no. Instruments? no. Flight planning (distance, TOLD, WBC, fuel management, etc)? no. Air refueling? marginal. Interesting locations? no. ...you get the idea.

Resources should definitely be directed where they're needed. I mean come on, we still don't have a Nevada map that was promised in A-10C Beta. Not to mention all the models and stuff in game that were created for Flanker!

Flying 777s from batumi to sochi sure is gonna be fun

You don't even need to go that far. Fly Batumi to Batumi

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I wouldnt mind civ planes if it would be developed by a third party. But ED wasting precious resources on civ planes is a big NO

This :) No harm of civ aircraft coming into DCS, and I would even buy a few, but only if it doesn't impact the development of the bread and butter aircraft.

Well, idea of having civilian aircraft inside DCS is IMHO strange for the lack of better word.

The "C" in DCS should keep meaning something. The way I see it: DCS is already being dissolved by WWII(and a little bit by trainers), adding civilian aircraft would not be good for it, I believe.

couldn't Fraze it better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

I like to see Cessna 337 in civilan and military versions and of course a king air. Maybe for UN Missions or Weapon smugling like CIA Air America.

The Cessna 337 operated in the Vietnam conflict. So would suit a Vietnam map if it was ever made.

The King Air is a good choice too and is used by the Royal Australian Air Force as a navigational trainer.

I would support civilian aircraft as long as they didn't divert DCS away from being a combat simulator first and foremost. It would be fun to fly an aerobatic aircraft like the Edge 540, Cap 232 or Yak-54.

Military aircraft that can bite you has my vote.

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Funny, WWII is not that particular "C"? That "C" stands for 'jet engines and BVR missiles' or something? :)

c-130 c-17, C-5galaxy, AN-124 please

This is for sure the fine way. Yes, not civilian but they dont have a cannon either :)

Pls add some heavy stuff to the poll.

Here's a thought.

The flight SIM community is pretty small. The larger your audience, the more revenue for the company, the more development options the company has for future projects.

Do I want to fly a 777 in DCS World? Not really. Do I want more people flying DCS so the company can finally devote resources to some long standing projects? Hell, yeah.

So, if there's a few "civilian aircraft servers" on the multiplayer list where everyone's zooming around in civilian aircraft, and there's no combat - but the money they pump into the system allows ED to make DCS 3.0 kick ass, I'll take it!

I have to agree with earlier views that if ED wants to license 3rd party developers to develop civilian aircraft, and use the proceeds to improve the core game, I'm all for it - even if I won't be flying many of them myself.

• Like 1

Here's a thought.

The flight SIM community is pretty small. The larger your audience, the more revenue for the company, the more development options the company has for future projects.

Do I want to fly a 777 in DCS World? Not really. Do I want more people flying DCS so the company can finally devote resources to some long standing projects? Hell, yeah.

So, if there's a few "civilian aircraft servers" on the multiplayer list where everyone's zooming around in civilian aircraft, and there's no combat - but the money they pump into the system allows ED to make DCS 3.0 kick ass, I'll take it!

I have to agree with earlier views that if ED wants to license 3rd party developers to develop civilian aircraft, and use the proceeds to improve the core game, I'm all for it - even if I won't be flying many of them myself.

Exactly that !!! :thumbup:

And, so far, those who voted show that there are 209 potential buyers :thumbup: for such possible Civil modules, and 96 canon-only guys :pilotfly:

I strongly believe that given this poll is being answered mostly by DCS users, which are primarily virtual combat pilots, it is somehow biased, and that should I make the same poll available to typical civil flightsimmers who know about the higher level of DCS's flight dynamics and overall systems modelling and we would get even more positives.

I am a good example of someone coming from a long esperience of civil flightsims, into the world of combat flightsims, now only with DCS World.

Starting with a Russian, Polish, Czech aerobatic or all-purpose civil aircraft module, with easier access to performance data, ED would have a good showcase for a possible "incursion" into this type of modules, and certainly increase the users base. I think most of the 99 canon-only guys could not resist that too :-)

Being mostly a civil flight simmer, I come to DCS to fly the only credible helicopter flight dynamics I ever tried in any PC-based sim, including the best stuff I had for either FSX or X-Plane, ( the uh-1h ), any of the prop aircraft and their also UNIQUE flight dynamics ( including the superb prop effects that I can't find in any other sim ... ), and truth is that I am beginning to participate more & more in MP sessions diogfighting or trying to follow full missions in my K4 , D9, or Pony :-) and I am sure many other civil simmer would follow this same patern, specially if a nice civil aircraft module was made available.

When I want to play airliner stuff, I load FSX-SE for the scenery and weather rendering, and Aerowinx PSX for the best 747-400 sim ever made for the PC. For a 777 or NGX I will use PMDG's Masterpiece add-ons... For an airbus... well... I am still waiting for FSLabs :-)

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I think civil light aircraft could have their place in DCS as it stands now. VIP transport, smuggling and as a basic training as well as just flying about like you would in a pure civil sim.

For airliners to be worth adding we'd need bigger maps but again there would be crossover between pure civil and combat scenarios.

And, so far, those who voted show that there are 204 potential buyers :thumbup: for such possible Civil modules, and 99 canon-only guys :pilotfly:

Under the poll it says:

Voters: 196.

I don't know how 204 potential buyers and 99 cannon only guys add up to that ;)

Edited by lmp

Me personally I'd love to fly some non military aircraft in DCS.

I have spoken to a few flying clubs who are actually interested in having DCS as a prep sim for some of their classes as well.

Do I forsee a future in DCS where there is a host of non combat aircraft? Yes absolutely, we will at VEAO dev any of them? Yeah I think there is a fair chance that we will do at least a couple of non military aircraft.

Pman