MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework

On 7/23/2022 at 5:34 AM, Rudel_chw said:

I was wondering if there is a script like RAT (random air traffic) but for shipping? I’d like to add randomized merchant ship traffic as background for some of my missions.

You've piqued my curiosity. How would you see this working from an editor perspective? How would the routes be assigned/generated? My first thought was zoneA to zoneB, but the more dynamic/automated, the better (less work for the mission maker). Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Chump said:

How would you see this working from an editor perspective?

RAT knows which airbases are on the map, and to which coalition each belongs. As DCS does not provide the same for seaports, I see it working based on Trigger Zones, with a special name so that I don't have to provide specific zones lists .. say all zones that start with RST_   for random shipping traffic. 

This way on the ME I would place a trigger zone (circular or square) over each seaport, maybe even on open seas too, for traffic outbound the map. There would be no need for parking like on RAT, just the ship enters the zone and is despawned automatically.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thought about that too 🙂

... Rudel_chw, I think thats exactly the way to go. Maybe there would be the possibilty to define "routes" which are just a "series" of trigger zones, so ships could randomly spawn in one of the zones of a "route" and then follow through ... Think of a Tankers going through the street of hormuz ...

• 2 weeks later...

Which module or class would I use for detecting and displaying a picture of enemy ground positions too players on a coalition? I'm setting up a mp map, I'm having just random ground enemy templates, spawn in randomly and also using randomly created waypoints. I'm using Map Only Display, so I need a way for AI recce to display enemy location information when an enemy group is detected. I looked for the demo mission that features this, but can't find it, and can't remember which class method was used.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

18 hours ago, rwbishUP said:

Which module or class would I use for detecting and displaying a picture of enemy ground positions too players on a coalition? I'm setting up a mp map, I'm having just random ground enemy templates, spawn in randomly and also using randomly created waypoints. I'm using Map Only Display, so I need a way for AI recce to display enemy location information when an enemy group is detected. I looked for the demo mission that features this, but can't find it, and can't remember which class method was used.

A2G tasking, you can even combine with autolase if you want. There is also an ops class “playertask” but haven’t tried that yet 

• Like 1

Thank you @Hairdo1-1, I've been trying to find it in detection class

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Hello, what is the difference between moose_include_static and moose_include_dynamic ?

Thanks

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

vor 8 Minuten schrieb GR00VYJERRY:

Hi all. I have been using MOOSE a2a dispatcher on several servers. However, the latest server i have been having some issues. My jets will take off and fly for about 50-75 miles and then rtb. They do not fly to the zone and patrol. any suggestions?

Checked the log?
Enough fuel?
To fast on the mission that your fuel gets empty?
The zone to far away?

On 8/10/2022 at 6:28 PM, GR00VYJERRY said:

Does distance to zone matter if they are running full fuel and bags? They fly to the edge of it and turn around. 

Check your dcs log after that happens for a2a dispatcher "nil" value to start. Using latest moose_include? 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

On 8/7/2022 at 8:15 AM, clanitho said:

Hello, what is the difference between moose_include_static and moose_include_dynamic ?

Thanks

Static is loaded directly into the .miz. Typically for when you are distributing your mission or want to keep Moose totally contained in the mission. This is the typical for most users.

If you are developing Moose code then Dynamic allows you to reference the Moose files from your mission but they are not contained in the mission file per say. This is mostly for advanced users or if you are development for the Moose framework.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there - added some more modern replacement to task players with (main focus) A2G Tasks:

Join the Moose Discord: https://discord.gg/KyS5twdu

Moose Ops PlayerTasking - Coming to a mission near you!

* Speech generated with Google Text-To-Speech (TTS) and Crirbob's SRS. Optionally you can use your Windows Desktop TTS.

* Task creation for players, main focus A2G

* One to many players can join a task

* SRS Output

* Language configureable

* Many options from using detection, manual target additions, F10 Markers, smokes, flares and (optionally) lases targets

Manual:

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.PlayerTask.html

Demo Missions:

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_MISSIONS/tree/develop/OPS - PlayerTask

Multiplayer Mission Demo:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312366/

Edited by Apple
additional demo mission
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm new to this scripting world, so I would like to know if it is possible to create a trigger zone around a smoke marker that I released.

I'll explain: I want to use the Huey or the mighty OV-10 Bronco as player controlled FAC, and using the AI as attack aircraft. The idea is to find a target, send a WP rocket near it, and then let the AI go in for the attack. The idea is to create a trigger zone around the smoke marker, then the AI would search for and attack targets within that trigger zone, not paying attention to other targets.   

Edited by RodBorza

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

vor 2 Stunden schrieb RodBorza:

Hello all,

I'm new to this scripting world, so I would like to know if it is possible to create a trigger zone around a smoke marker that I released.

I'll explain: I want to use the Huey or the mighty OV-10 Bronco as player controlled FAC, and using the AI as attack aircraft. The idea is to find a target, send a WP rocket near it, and then let the AI go in for the attack. The idea is to create a trigger zone around the smoke marker, then the AI would search for and attack targets within that trigger zone, not paying attention to other targets.   

Interesting idea.
Best is that you raise the question on the Moose discord. there are the experts and I know that they never look into this forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RodBorza said:

Hello all,

It looks like you have to subscribe all events, and luckily try to filter all of them to catch shoot events with selected weapons, take the coordinate and do stuff on that. On large scale multiplayer or unit count with lot of firing events can be resource intensive unfortunately, this is the only idea that come to my mind.

• Like 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

On 9/15/2022 at 8:34 PM, RodBorza said:

Hello all,

Sure. A bit complex for a beginner's task, but possible.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Operation Kleenex" - Updated MP Mission Showing the new PlayerTasking-System of Moose plus Gazelle as FACA/Buddylasing:

B R I E F I N G

Situation

BLUEFOR has established a no-fly zone over Lebanon. Reinforcement airlift is in operation between INCIRLIK and BEIRUT.
REDFOR are dug in in DAMASCUS and PALMYRA.
BLUEFOR is tasked to keep the Bekaa-Valley free of REDFOR units occasionally pushing south and west.

TASKS
    I. AIR – Keep the no-fly zone over Lebanon free of REDFOR airplanes
    II. GROUND - Defend the highway between ANJAR south of RYAK and AL DIMASS, crossing the valley ridge
    III. GROUND - Push to take  AL QUASAYR Airbase. Three strategic waypoints at BU70, BU71 and BU72 must be taken before BLUEFOR armor can take control of the airbase. Operation starts at 08:00AM local
    IV. HELICOPTER - Special Ops Operation from Minakh Airbase

IMPORTANT NOTE: There is an informal truce with RUSSIAN forces holding LATAKIA Naval Base and BASSEL AL-ASSAD airport. Don't go there.

- Build on MOOSE framework
- (optional) A2G tasking available via F10 menu
- AI CAP and CAS support
- Helicopter CSAR and CTLD missions
- Super Carrier
- Modular build, easy to add own airplane groups

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312366/

• Like 3

If it's possible. What would be a good implementation of MOOSE scripting, that would command mobile artillery units? That are traveling via waypoints, to hold and start firing at a point, group or a zone automatically once they've traveled to within weapons range? I'm putting together a mission, and using MOOSE "spawn random template at random point within a random zone". I have the random templates set to travel to the primary objective when and if they're spawned. I would like for the spawned groups to stop and start shelling the targets once that group is within fire range, I'm trying to keep it random. Would be really nice if they could push/hold/shell/push--------rinse and repeat.

6 hours ago, rwbishUP said:

If it's possible. What would be a good implementation of MOOSE scripting, that would command mobile artillery units? That are traveling via waypoints, to hold and start firing at a point, group or a zone automatically once they've traveled to within weapons range? I'm putting together a mission, and using MOOSE "spawn random template at random point within a random zone". I have the random templates set to travel to the primary objective when and if they're spawned. I would like for the spawned groups to stop and start shelling the targets once that group is within fire range, I'm trying to keep it random. Would be really nice if they could push/hold/shell/push--------rinse and repeat.

We have ARMYGROUP for that

Manual: https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.ArmyGroup.html

Demo Missions: https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_MISSIONS/tree/develop/OPS - Armygroup

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dave317 said:

Is there a way to remove or change which messages are displayed?

I keep getting messages about aircraft taking off, landing and being destroyed which have no relation to the mission I'm on. 

That's a bit unspecific, can you expand on this?

3 hours ago, Apple said:

That's a bit unspecific, can you expand on this?

I think he's refering to the status radio text messages on the upper right corner during flight. I'm not sure but i think the command to Enable/disable is Radiomessage(off).

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.