Going Against the Flow

Okay, a bit of a different approach here on this forum. I know that some are having various problems with the different modules, some "beta" some final release, and I have had such issues myself, usually right after an update. But currently all my modules are working fine based on their development cycle. I am enjoying every one of these offerings from ED and also all the mods of those "modders" out there that have given freely of their time and skills to make the immersion even better. You know who you are.:thumbup:

Just so you know, at age 72 I can't even dream about really doing what ED and DSCW permits me in the comfort of my home sitting at my computer. The only way I felt I could show my appreciation for my favorite pastime, is via a post such as this and simply say Thank You all!

• Like 5

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Okay, a bit of a different approach here on this forum. I know that some are having various problems with the different modules, some "beta" some final release, and I have had such issues myself, usually right after an update. But currently all my modules are working fine based on their development cycle. I am enjoying every one of these offerings from ED and also all the mods of those "modders" out there that have given freely of their time and skills to make the immersion even better. You know who you are.:thumbup:

Just so you know, at age 72 I can't even dream about really doing what ED and DSCW permits me in the comfort of my home sitting at my computer. The only way I felt I could show my appreciation for my favorite pastime, is via a post such as this and simply say Thank You all!

I am not quite 72, but what he said!

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

agree......well said Chief!!......also...+1:)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Very true and well Said:thumbup: +1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

+1

Amazing sim, amazing community. Bright simming future ahead. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks for that!

Well......I'm glad to see I'm not the only senior citizen involved with this monkey business.

No, I suspect there are a few of us, but now that we tend to being a bit slower, it's tough to keep up with these "techy" whiz kids:music_whistling: Doesn't mean I ain't giving it my best;) Heck, most of the time I can't even figure out what the heck they are talking about:huh: Since I don't want to appear any more lost on some topics than I actually am, I tend NOT to ask them to "can you 'splain that so an old fart can understand it".:helpsmilie:

Edited by Chief1942

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

No, I suspect there are a few of us, but now that we tend to being a bit slower, it's tough to keep up with these "techy" whiz kids:music_whistling: Doesn't mean I ain't giving it my best;) Heck, most of the time I can't even figure out what the heck they are talking about:huh: Since I don't want to appear any more lost on some topics than I actually am, I tend NOT to ask them to "can you 'splain that so an old fart can understand it".:helpsmilie:

I think, most of us love our hobby so much because there is always something new, always something to learn. Even if one flies an aircraft for years, I have often heared that they are amazed that there is still something new to figgure out. At least that is the case for me ... (not that I would be particulary good with any airframe anyways, but still ..)

What I am trying to say is: ask! Don't be shy. "There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers" ;o) As long as you are willing to learn, I bet nobody will hestiate to actually answer any questions to the best of their abilities.

Thanks Flagrum,

I actually do ask regarding those things I can wrap my head around, But when guys start talking about .lua this and that my eyes roll faster than an F-15. My wife says that the learning challenges in this past time exercises my brain so she sees it as a good thing and never is critical of the amount of time I spend enjoying it. I have purchased some modules simply to support ED but haven't really gotten comfortable with any one airframe yet to the point I get bored and want to try something new. Heck, it would take me a whole semester to just assimilate all the manuals out there on the P-51 and the F-86. It is a real hoot and I so enjoy it.

What better of a pc experience can be had in terms of enjoyment and keeping your mind in shape than DCS? Day to day, we take for granted the overall experience that ED brings and focus on bugs, improvements (rightfully so) and when the hell DCS 2.0 will release!

I haven't regretted a module purchase yet, and overall Im a very satisfied customer, thanks ED!

Chief, overall I like hearing about the diversity of us simmers. I think you will find a lot of others on here willing to help you out or join you on online gameplay.

OP, well said Chief, its excellent to have this hobby and know that the are no age limits! Hope i can reach that age one day and be able to play this sim:thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

overall Im a very satisfied customer, thanks ED!

Oh, definitely. I've got my gripes - don't we all? - but still, this is THE combat sim of all time. My last purchase was the 15bis and I'm just totally in love with that wee birdie! What a delightful aircraft :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I agree with you 100% Chief. While I am no where close to 72 (give me about 28 years) I will never be the fighter ace, or helo jock IRL that I try to be in game.

I was skeptical when I first downloaded DCSW, but it won me over with a quickness, and this is the closest I think I will ever get to the real thing.

Bravo ED and third party devs!!! You've scratched my itch!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

I agree. Never in my life did I envision having a flight simulator that was similar to the million dollar sims the air force use and at a reasonable cost.

Sure I don't have the big wrap around screen but my large hd tv and trackir make it work. Having clickable switches in the cockpit makes it possible for an amateur like me to have a working pit.

It's an amazing experience and kudos to ED, the 3rd party devs and all the modders that continue to make this sim world great to play in.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

72 OP???? Yipppee I still have 30 years of DCS ahead of me at least. I bet you going to live to a 100 or more OP, DCS will keep you young. We might even see EDGE before we die, hehehe.... Keep it up ED, you made a lot of us pretty happy with life, I reckon most of go to sleep at night/day really wishing we didn't have to sleep, or work for that matter.

I can definitely imaging doing this 6-7 hours per day. Long time before I retire, though!

So do I. But still 25yrs to go........great post and +1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Great Post

+1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X