Mi-8MTV2 News

Yessss... and also very expensive and not so good if you want to have the option for toe brakes as well.

Heli pedals don't have toe brakes

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yessss... and also very expensive and not so good if you want to have the option for toe brakes as well.

yeee, they have a high price, but for the value you are getting I guess the price is justified.

Dont have them myself, but if reading reviews and taking a look at the construction, it seems 100% better priceperformance then something like a saitek 3d pro for 50 euros. .......... x)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Heli pedals don't have toe brakes

Yeah... but sometimes I want to fly the Mustang, or the F86 or... well, I don't want to swap pedals everytime. Even If I had the space. So I modified my thrustmaster rudder control system to have toe-brakes, better spring system and no center detent. The springs make them squeek a bit, but I am sure that real aircraft pedals are not completly silent as well.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

These are my pedals. I developed it for helis. But It has toe brakes. I wanted to use toe brakes for other games as well.

AlexandrT I read about mi-8 is the next BST module which is going to leave beta state. Are you people working on multi crew option?

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

• 2 weeks later...

AlexandrT I read about mi-8 is the next BST module which is going to leave beta state. Are you people working on multi crew option?

I believe that if you ask that of any development team - with the exception of ED - the answer is "no".

AFAIK, ED hasn't released the multiplayer dev code "into the wild" yet.

Are cargo voice over for sling loading available in English?

nope

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

nope

BST will you people add English version voice over for sling loading? And are these features will be added to Huey as well?

DIY Rudder Pedals,

These are my pedals. I developed it for helis. But It has toe brakes. I wanted to use toe brakes for other games as well.

No, I do not work over multi crew option.

I am not so sure about the multi crew on Mi-8. I understand for the UH-1H with the side gunners and for the gazelle for the HOT operator. But for the Mi-8? In the left seat for the weapons, you need to control the aircraft anyway to aim your rockets or guns at the target. For the middle seat, that will be the least desirable place ever as you will spend most of the time watching the others flying the chopper. Finally, it's already difficult to man an Mi-8 in MP missions as a lot of pilots wants to shoot things with the Ka50 (unless there are only Mi-8), so if we need 3 guys now for the mi-8,....

The real thing has at least 2 crew for a reason...

you'd have to say if there is no need for MC in this aircraft, there's probably no need for the F-14 either is there ? ;)

Well I guess the second crew on the F14 monitors the AA situation on radar, look for targets, manage weapons, do the navigation.

For the Hip, well, on the copilot side you can maybe do some of that stuff like navigation on the doppler, setting up part of the weapon system configuration, dropping bombs (super good coordination with the pilot required), radio nav and radio com. Yes, you have the flares system too. OK, you can find something to keep you busy. But the engineering seat?

I think a lot of people here are relatively new to flight simming and like the idea of MP multicrew without actually having any experience using it. MP multicrew is a bit of a gimmick. It's cool and can be fun, but will very rarely be used. Far more important are things like AI crew and the ability for a single player to control multiple positions at the same time. This is how the Mi-8 and UH-1 currently work. I've been flight simming since the early '90's and been doing MP flight sims since around 2001. I started using MP multicrew pretty much right from the start of venturing online. It's something I use in around 2% of my time in MP and it's mostly for a laugh rather than to improve effectiveness. Human gunners for the UH-1 would be fun I think, but for the Mi-8, UH-1 copilot and possibly even the Gazelle, I don't think it adds anything. The pilot would be frustrated at not being able to use half the aircraft's stuff and the gunner/copilot would be bored to tears since he/she would have absolutely nothing to do for the vast majority of their play time.

I agree with the decision to skip it for the Mi-8. Developing MP multicrew for it is a complete waste of time and all those clamoring for it will quickly realize this after the novelty of their first MP MC aircraft wears off.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

I think a lot of people here are relatively new to flight simming and like the idea of MP multicrew without actually having any experience using it. MP multicrew is a bit of a gimmick. It's cool and can be fun, but will very rarely be used. Far more important are things like AI crew and the ability for a single player to control multiple positions at the same time. This is how the Mi-8 and UH-1 currently work. I've been flight simming since the early '90's and been doing MP flight sims since around 2001. I started using MP multicrew pretty much right from the start of venturing online. It's something I use in around 2% of my time in MP and it's mostly for a laugh rather than to improve effectiveness. Human gunners for the UH-1 would be fun I think, but for the Mi-8, UH-1 copilot and possibly even the Gazelle, I don't think it adds anything. The pilot would be frustrated at not being able to use half the aircraft's stuff and the gunner/copilot would be bored to tears since he/she would have absolutely nothing to do for the vast majority of their play time.

I agree with the decision to skip it for the Mi-8. Developing MP multicrew for it is a complete waste of time and all those clamoring for it will quickly realize this after the novelty of their first MP MC aircraft wears off.

I got to admit it but I pretty much agree. I'm much more interested in my flying for AI crewman or gunners who help me with my tasks.

I probably spend over half my DCS time flying online with people I know. So, I've found plenty of opportunity to use the L-39 multi-crew option and have found it a fun and a useful way of helping eachother fly better; certainly more than just a gimmick.

I've seen you post similar comments elsewhere, and I have to say I don't really understand why you're so determined to press your own narrow view of what MP should be on others.

Whilst I don't really care for multi crew in the Mi-8, and the Huey to a lesser extent, the upcoming Gazelle and 105 - and the prospect of Hinds and Cobras, makes me extremely excited for multi crew capability. And it is something I have wanted for a very long time.

I don't consider it a gimmick in the slightest, I honestly believe I will get far more enjoyment out of such birds whilst using them with a friend than to be sat in one alone, toggling between the two seats myself.

There are a few scenarios where I don't think I will ever use it, such as the trainers, and the rear gunners of any WW2 birds we may see (I'm not saying that it should not be implemented) but for modules such as the Cobra, F-14 and F-15E I think multi crew will be a fantastic addition.

I probably spend over half my DCS time flying online with people I know. So, I've found plenty of opportunity to use the L-39 multi-crew option and have found it a fun and a useful way of helping eachother fly better; certainly more than just a gimmick.

I've seen you post similar comments elsewhere, and I have to say I don't really understand why you're so determined to press your own narrow view of what MP should be on others.

No one dreams of growing up to be an NFO...

With aircraft like the Huey, or Cobra, where you have a job that can ONLY be effectively completed by a second body, you'll see some people enjoying it. Even in the Huey, how often to those .50s make a difference in your multiplayer missions? I can see some diminished use there. In the Mi-8, and honestly even in aircraft like the F-14, where 80% if not the entire operational capability of the aircraft can be carried out by a single pilot, you're not going to find a back seater. It's not like real life where someone is going to be FORCED into that spot.

Yes and no. The thing is, we have advantages the real aircraft didn't have. The biggest one is we can map any button from any position to our HOTAS/keyboard. I don't have to reach 2 meters off to the right to hit the flare button in the Mi-8, it's a thumb button on my throttle. I also don't have to reach across the cockpit to cycle the pylon knob, it's left/right on one of my X-55's many hats. The simple fact is, there isn't a single control for the copilot that's used in flight that isn't mapped to either my HOTAS or my keyboard. In game, the only thing a copilot adds is an extra set of eyes, but that extra set of eyes can just as easily be in a second Mi-8. There is no reason for that other player to be in the same aircraft as me riding along as a glorified spectator.

In the case of the Mi-24, AH-1 and F-14, it's a bit different. A skilled gunner/RIO combined with a skilled pilot can improve the effectiveness of the aircraft significantly. The problem in game is that no one is forcing anyone to fly as a RIO/gunner. It isn't like you order DCS: F-14 and upon payment you get a dice roll that says you will be pilot only for the next 8 years and are required to fly a minimum of 300 a year or you are a RIO only for the next 8 years and have to fly as that for a minimum of 300 hours a year. There will be more player pilots than RIO's, a lot more. In fact every single one of us will be a player pilot with only some flying as a RIO too when the opportunity arises. I know this from 15 years of MP combat flight sim experience. It is literally insane to think that DCS is somehow going to be different from every other flight sim released prior in this regard. It's human nature and you can't change that, no matter how much you may wish it isn't true.

But as said, it will be a useful, even if rarely used, feature for some of the more complex aircraft. But for simple ones like the Mi-8, it's a waste of developer resources far better spent on other things, like finally making the Mi-24 and AH-1!:yes:

Edit: We shouldn't derail this thread, so I have nothing further to say on this issue here.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

Multicrew on the F-14 (and other modules) is terribly interesting to debate. But... Back on topic... ;)

I found something missing from the Mi-8 cockpit with the latest 2.0 update. Please put it back!!

qnaa75.jpg

Only joking. ;)

Thanks for the continuing love and support for this awesome heli! :)

Edited by 1.JaVA_Platypus

Happy Flying! :pilotfly: