SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

I guess Bob's Windows system has got corrupted somehow. No recent changes made in SimShaker Sound Module.

I Uninstalled both SSA and SSSM and then did a fresh install of both programs.

Upon running the new installed versions, I get the same fatal error message for SSSM.

This is really unfortunate. I have $360 invested in new amp and bass shaker hardware that appear useless at this point.

It is odd that everything worked fine one day and then 24-hours later I get a fatal error message when trying to run SSA and SSSM. My WIN10 OS is up to date with the latest version, including .NET 4.7.1. Computer is only 1 year old.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Bob, I think it confirms us that the problem most likely is not inside SimShaker Sound Module, which relys on Windows CLR (Common Language Runtime) system. Since .Net Framework (a CLR-based platform) is now embedded in Windows 10, I suggest that one cannot easily remove and reinstall it. I think Windows 10 "refresh" feature would have a chance to fix the issue. Another option could be to try to roll back to a some recent Windows restore point.

This is just my guess. Administration and recovery of Windows on users ' computers is beyond my competence.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will try a WIN10 Refresh and see what happens. Although I have never attempted this operation before, it sounds pretty straight-forward.

I will report back.

Update: After reading more detail about the Windows 10 Refresh operation, it appears that it will delete all my 3rd party apps that have not been purchased through the Microsoft store. That is not something that I want to deal with, i.e., re-installing all those apps and trying to find all the required license information. Plus, there is no assurance that the Refresh procedure will fix the problem. Also concerned that it might somehow cause issues with my installed Microsoft Office products and professional business files linked to those applications.

I have never performed a WIN10 Restore Point on this computer, so restoring to a previous point is not an option.

Still very puzzling as to how WIN10 could have gotten corrupted to prevent SSSM from running. With all the SSA/SSSM users around, it is also surprising that no one else has ever encountered/reported this fatal Windows OS error.

Edited by Bob1943

Bob, this is of course entirely your choice. But let me say that for me it sounds like this: my car has a flat tire and I can't find this tiny hole in the tire on my own. And the guy who made the tire can't come here to fix it. I guess I won't be driving again until I buy a new car in a few years. With all due respect, sir, you live in one of the most developed countries in the world, where the Windows OS was created. You should have people around you who can provide professional assistance in this matter.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andre, I am not inferring that this is your issue to fix. Sorry if I gave that impression. I now fully acknowledge that this is an issue with the Windows OS, not with your software.

I do not have the skills to comfortably experiment with repairs to the Windows OS, I would most likely cause more problems than I would fix. Yes, I could pay $150 to $200 to take it to a computer repair shop and hope that they could fix it without having to deal with re-installing all the 3rd party apps. I don't have the budget to do that right now. So I accept the situation until I can find a workable solution in the future.

Again, my apologies if you were offended by my comments, no intent there on my part. Your SimShaker software is a great asset to the flight sim community.

Update: Oct. 12, 2020: I have spent the past few days trying online suggestions for fixing the "CLR error 80004005" issue - none of them worked. Also spent a couple hours with tech support from the company that built my computer. They tried everything short of a Windows 10 Reset, with no success. Even Microsoft tech support was unable to offer a workable solution.

So, it appears that the only solution to this error (in Windows10) will be a Windows10 "Reset/Refresh". The downside to that solution is that all my apps get removed from the computer during that process. Not looking forward to going through the re-installation and license deactivation/reactivation process for all the apps. I will hold off on that "last resort" solution in hopes that a future WIN10 update might fix the problem. Microsoft seems to have embedded the .Net Framework code into Windows 10 in a manner that prevents anyone from getting to it to do repairs. It was more accessible in previous versions of Windows.

Edited by Bob1943

For the benefit of anyone else who might encounter the Windows "CLR Error 80004005", here is a short description I found this morning when Goggling that error code: "One of the most common CLR errors is "CLR Error 80004005," which occurs on Windows systems during the start-up process. This error is generally caused by having more than one .NET framework installed on the system at one time. While two or more .NET frameworks can work simultaneously on a system, some have compatibility issues. To resolve a CLR error, the multiple frameworks must be uninstalled and reinstalled correctly."

There are numerous articles on this error code published on the Internet. I have been reading through several of them this morning in an effort to become more educated on this issue. Hopefully, with some more reading & thought, I will get the confidence to give one of the published solutions a try in the weeks to come.

Again, this error code is solely generated by a glitch with the Windows Operating System, it is not being generated by any problem with the SimShaker software. Andre and f410 were exactly correct in their previous assessments of this error code.

Removed post as it was nothing to do with ssm. I had some settings wrong in SimShaker for Aviators, changed settings now all is well, check ssa official thread if needed

Here it is just incase you want to know,

hi guys,

im having an issue in the f14 where it's constantly spamming me with

19:24:2.971 Received: hp_5_0_x~1~6~1 dashboard shake.

its just always going, no matter what speed or altitude I'm at or even if my dash is shaking in game or not. I've looked through the f14 settings and there is no option to turn it down or completely off

its just ruining the whole thing for me. I'm at 20,000 feet, autopilot on, speed stable at 300kts and its just buzzing away, any idea what I can do to fix this?

Edited by PSYKOnz

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

Just a little confused. Can I run SSA and SSS only with my BK2? Or do I have to run Voicemeeter, SSA & SSS?

If I enable Voicemeeter, I can feel the effects of the BK2. But if I only run SSA and SSS, nothing... (I'm using the A-10C_2 module). I have the BK2 plugged into the sub-woofer out on my SB Live card. And I'm using a Rift S as well.

thx,

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'm using a SB Z, and can only get the BK2 to work via the 5.1 setting. Mono won't work. The BK is the only thing I'm using my SB Z with. I saw in this thread someone else using a SB Z and having a similar issue with not getting the card to push Mono. I'll do some more digging.... (similar message when trying to go with Mono mode: NaudioPlaybackEngine: could not initialize playback device.Exception from HRESULT: 0x88890008 )

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I only receive the error if I try to use "mono" mode with my soundblaster Z card. (I'm currently not using that sound card for anything. so it is a free resource).

If I set "5.1", I don't see the 0x88890008 error. In a little bit, I'm going try Andre's suggestion of making a modification to the Soundmodule.cfg and manually set the "Max_Audio_Channels" from 6 to 1... I'll report back later...

I have things working, and using Andre's suggestion of setting Max_Audio_Channels to 1.

At least a couple of times, I've noticed the Simshaker/Buttkicker stops working about 1/2 way into my flight. Not sure why it stops. things are working just fine, and then no more vibrations. I'll dig through this thread to see if it's a config change of some sort I need to make.

My SB Z sound card is only used by Simshaker and my Buttkicker, nothing else.

While I've used SimShaker Sound Module in one form or another for a long time, I must admit it is a pretty vanilla setup. I use my motherboard sound card stereo (green) output to drive my 4 bass pucks with 2 on each channel of my amp and trusty Logitech G35 headsets for normal sound. No advanced channel blending, sound file editing, ASIO drivers or VoiceMeeter, etc.

But these new Corsair HS60 Haptic headsets have haptic feedback addict me thinking...

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/Wireless-Headsets/HS60-HAPTIC/p/CA-9011225-NA

Is there anyway to use them as both traditional sound and just the subwoofer channel as the SimShaker output (seems hard with it being USB, traditional jacks could be split between sound cards)? If so, is there still a way I can use my bass pucks too? I feel like the answer to both is no but thought I would check.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I was wondering if any users have installed small shakers to the bases of joy and throttle. What´s your experience? Could that damage the inner mechanisms?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

At one time I mounted some small Dayton Audio pucks to the bottom of my controllers. They worked pretty well in the setup that I had at that time. Since I did not have a full simpit it was good to feel the feedback on the controllers themselves. Now I like the feedback on the simpit instead. Never harmed my controllers, not sure why it would.

I too have used Dayton Bass Pucks in a somewhat similar fashion but never directly on the controls. Currently I have two mounted on my center pedestal structure that the center stick is mounted to. In the past for my side stick my arm support (like the Viper has but wider) has had a puck mounted to it. I never mountered directly partly due to not wanting to directly induce a non-dampered vibration to it for more accurate control. The vibrations aren't exactly the same thing as force feedback.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

I too have used Dayton Bass Pucks in a somewhat similar fashion but never directly on the controls. Currently I have two mounted on my center pedestal structure that the center stick is mounted to. In the past for my side stick my arm support (like the Viper has but wider) has had a puck mounted to it. I never mountered directly partly due to not wanting to directly induce a non-dampered vibration to it for more accurate control. The vibrations aren't exactly the same thing as force feedback.

Yeah I was thinking something along that line, a dayton thruster into the stick desk mount or by the side of the virpil base, and similar for throttle.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Hi,

I've got Sound Module 2.20 installed, and when I enable 5.1 output I get the following message:

NaudioPlaybackEngine 6 ch: could not initialize playback device.ASIO Driver open Failure!

I have ASIO4ALL 2.14 installed.

Also, I noticed in the SimShaker Wings description, it says the transducer virtual positions can be configured, while the Sound Module description makes no such mention. If possible, I would like to set up my third and fourth transducers as.. I guess center. (or center and front, if possible)

Hi Lombra,

I had more or less the same issue as you have. The sound module is working now, though im still not sure how I got it working, got rid of that same issue.

First thing I did was use the onboard realtek soundcard for the soundmodule, before that i used a cheap external usb. so now the game sound goes through the usb one.

Next thing I did was make sure that all anti-virus/firewall programs had the sound module excluded, I had windows firewall running and kaspersky. That seemed to have done the trick for me.

Hope it helps.