Does DCS play well with Windows 10?

Have you excluded DCS World folder and Saved Games folder in the antivirus app you are using? If not it can lag your play. Search for Defender and change settings if you use the standard app.

In Bitdefender, I only excluded the Programs/DCS folder, I did not exclude the Saved games folder,, I will try that tonight, thanks, certainly worth a shot!

By the way, when you upgrade to Windows 10, you will no longer have Bitdefender, you literally have to go to their site and download the free trial of the 2015 version, but you can use your current license to activate it and it works, so you will be dealing with an entirely different user interface and have to re-do all your settings. This may be one of the culprets as to why I have dropped some frame rates,, To be determined.

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m having a little issue with mirrors in the cockpits. The scene play there is all mixed up, with blurry and missing textures. Anyone else see this? The rest is perfect.

I´m running in win10 64 Pro with 2 x GTX980 SLI (353.62 Nvidia driver)

Thanks.

Flavio - DCS World 1.5.7 - Win 10 Pro 64

i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H100i - 32gb Ripjaws Z 2400mhz - EVGA GTX1080 SC - ASUS 27'' - TrackIR 5 - SSD 960Gb + 480Gb Hyper X 3K

Have you excluded DCS World folder and Saved Games folder in the antivirus app you are using? If not it can lag your play. Search for Defender and change settings if you use the standard app.

I did exclude the Saved games and Programs/DCS files in bit defender, I even disabled bit defender, no change. Frame rates still low?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

What are your GFX settings?

In the DCS Options or in the Catalyst Control Center? Either way, they are the same as they have always been, I did not change any settings

@flaviossa. Sli causes this in the mirrors so I am told, at least it does for me 780ti x 2

Thanks for the info! Didn´t know that :thumbup:

Flavio - DCS World 1.5.7 - Win 10 Pro 64

i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H100i - 32gb Ripjaws Z 2400mhz - EVGA GTX1080 SC - ASUS 27'' - TrackIR 5 - SSD 960Gb + 480Gb Hyper X 3K

Copy paste crash contents here, also event viewer system, application event info, and zip logs and attach.

most of the time its missing Runtimes from 2012, 2013, etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Ok, the problem is SweetFX. The crash log will hint at something related to directx. Currently SweetFX has some compatibility issues with windows 10. To get dcs working follow these steps.

Disable it in JSGME ;)

Delete these files in Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Bin:

SweetFX folder

SweetFX_settings.txt

SweetFX_preset.txt

SweetFX readme.txt

shader.fx

log.log

injector.ini

dxgi.fx

dxgi.dll

d3d9.dll

Hope that helps for any other people having the same issue.

Running perfectly Win7 with 12s boot time, all drivers working well, 3 screens, TM Hotas warthog, saitek rubber pedals, FreeTrack, perfect graphics and running programs, wonder why i'll change for Win10 troubles now ? one day certainly, but do not have time to correct MS bugs for free.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Running perfectly Win7 with 12s boot time, all drivers working well, 3 screens, TM Hotas warthog, saitek rubber pedals, FreeTrack, perfect graphics and running programs, wonder why i'll change for Win10 troubles now ? one day certainly, but do not have time to correct MS bugs for free.

It comes to no surprise that your windows 7 is working.. i'm sure you never had a single problem with any software on it.. :lol:

In the DCS Options or in the Catalyst Control Center? Either way, they are the same as they have always been, I did not change any settings

@SkateZilla

Windows 10 is a bit faster and has a lot of subtle improvements over 7 (comparing 10 Pro to 7 Ultimate), but right this second there isn't much to say you should upgrade ASAP. That will change, though, as the impact of the 'free' upgrade really hits. This is something MS should have done years ago with W7. The money and power isn't in getting a few bucks for a Windows license, it's in keeping a near monopoly on the desktop, and they should (and finally are) giving it away to keep that monopoly. If they get as rapid an uptake as I expect they will, start to see more things 'just working' on W10, but needing tweaks to work on 7.

I have a pretty complex sim setup, and my upgrade went 100% problem free (as far as the sim part goes.) TIR5, 'Hog, CH Quadrant, Slaw Pedals, all working perfect. I deactivated all modules using the Module Manager (just unchecked each of the boxes), ran the upgrade, re-enabled each module (re-checked the box, but could only do one at a time with a DCS restart between each for some reason), and took off on a quick mission. Perfect.

The only upgrade issue I had was the driver for my onboard intel NIC. Had to grab the official Intel W10 driver and install before I could get anything. And of course the things I knew I'd need to fix after the upgrade, like re-installing the latest nvidia drivers.

Very happy with the whole process, snafu with the NIC aside. This is the first time I've done an actual 'upgrade' as opposed to a fresh install in a long, LONG time... maybe going back to the DOS days. But blowing a whole weekend re-installing tons of stuff didn't appeal to me if I didn't have to, so I gave the upgrade a shot, and am really glad I did. 2 hours and done, including an hour messing around with the NIC.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

Copy paste crash contents here, also event viewer system, application event info, and zip logs and attach.

most of the time its missing Runtimes from 2012, 2013, etc.

It seems SweetFX was only half of the problem.. i cant figure out the rest.. maybe someone can help me. see logs.

Logs.rar

I used update over clean install and so far no problems but i played only little DCS. Shadowplay was crashing nvidia drivers but after clean driver install and one update its okey now. You should upgrade now so theres time to work things out before DCS 1.5 :>

Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro (not a fresh install)

The good, the bad,

Good: I did not deactivate any modules, nor was I prompted to activate any. Helios, TrackIR, Cougar HOTAS and DCS worked fine.

Bad: the typical FPS benchmarking I do in DCS to measure FPS yielded (on average) 5 FPS drop?

So why the drop in frames? I don't know? I have been reading about increases, so that's what I expected. I also ran Furmark, which yielded just about 100+ points drop in score and a slight decrease in FPS, I also ran Heaven DX 11 Benchmark, which actually yielded a slightly higher score and a few FPS higher.

Any suggestions on what to look for that caused FPS drop? Thanks,

Still on the hunt for input on this please, thanks

I recomend a clean install,

Followed by re-installing directX and MS Visual C++ Runtimes 2010-2015.

(Trust me, they arent all there)

Fresh Driver Install for GPU,

Then do normal O/S Clean Up and Optimizing *(shut off stuff you wont use or need etc etc).

Windows testers are currently testing updated memory management, no clue on when it will hit retail updates, it's only on the fast ring and higher level testers, slow ring and lower level testers dont have access to the update yet.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That would be the last resort for me, only because of the amount of weeks it would take me to reconfigure all this stuff like setting up touchscreen for Helios, all the .lua files and file structures like Peter Ps files and a thousand other configurations for stuff like Cougars Foxy. I guess I will see what 1.5 brings to the table,, if the frame rates are reasonable, I will leave well enough alone.

Maybe the perfomance loss is due to different gpu drivers? Btw, DCS uses DX9 -> a DX11 benchmark comparison has no meaning for DCS ..

When I did the upgrade, I did the FPS benchmarking of DCS prior to and right after the upgrade, there was no change in GPU drivers.

I appreciate the info regarding the other benchmarking tools used for comparison, good point.

My upgrade to 10 is over 8.1 just over a month after new pc build and only a week after installing DCS world and all modules, plus stand alone BS install. Everything went without an issue. Until I went to fly and discovered a problem with X 52. I now am under the impression that it is a Saitek driver problem. Hoping for a fix real soon or may have to dump Saitek and move to another company. I am still able to fly, just cant use some key functions, or kill anything.

Anyone having problems with other name brands and W-10. ?

Edited by FOXFIRE TWOONE

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles