Airmobile Air Assault Event: UH1+Mi-8+Ka-50

Charly_Owl

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after consulting with She Who Must Be Obeyed I have come to the conclusion that Sunday the 23rd is gonna be the event date at 1500 EST (or 2000 UK TIME). This will leave me enough time to create a brand new mission, a new briefing and test it.

The formula will be interesting... I got a couple of ideas I hope to put in place ;)

I will post the sign-up thread in another topic with the new mission briefing when it's ready.

Edited by Charly_Owl

Sounds good, should be available. Looking forward to it!

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Chuck, I have seen a script somewhere that means that if a player is shot down, they cannot respawn until they are rescued by a helicopter. This would replicate medievac and SAR ops.

Could be a cool addition to the mission and create an additional task that has a serious effect on operational success.

Jacks

Edited by Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Chuck, I have seen a script somewhere that means that if a player is shot down, they cannot respawn until they are rescued by a helicopter. This would replicate medievac and SAR ops.

Could be a cool addition to the mission and create an additional task that has a serious effect on operational success.

Jacks

I've written one that does that but I've not written any documentation yet. There is an example mission though that'll help! https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CSAR

The radio beacons are fully working as well as long as you add the audio files to the mission.

VSAAF are using it in their new training mission.

Only caveat is if you don't eject then your heli won't be disabled as there was no one to rescue

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hey Chuck...I'll make this event. It is same time as last???

We're doing it a bit earlier than last time. Not this Sunday, but the other one after that.

Well, after consulting with She Who Must Be Obeyed I have come to the conclusion that Sunday the 23rd is gonna be the event date at 1500 EST (or 2000 UK TIME). This will leave me enough time to create a brand new mission, a new briefing and test it.

The formula will be interesting... I got a couple of ideas I hope to put in place ;)

I will post the sign-up thread in another topic with the new mission briefing when it's ready.

Chuck, could be worth starting a new thread with the date in the title as many people probably don't look at this thread since the last event finished.

Jacks

I hope you guys like water. :)

NPTpp4b.jpg

Mission design is going well so far. Geloxo's CTTS (Complete Troop Transport Script) is a powerful and flexible tool. Most of my ideas are in place and I have a good idea of how to make them happen. So far I'm 30 % done.

For those who are curious about the tasks, we'll be following a mini-storyline. It will mainly be focused on the Slicks but I want to make sure the gunships have something to do as well. Therefore, the role of the gunships flying with the slicks will be all the more critical during certain parts of the mission.

I am leaving a few surprises that will test your piloting skills while keeping it fairly accessible for Peter Pilots as well. You will be picking up some US Marines from ship helipads (so... time to practice hover!), doing a search and rescue operation, evacuating wounded... etc. This mission is gonna be a test of endurance, and IMHO a little bit tougher than the last time since the tasks were not that varied. Only teamwork and good communication will allow us to win this one.

Edited by Charly_Owl

Awesome!

But I have a quick question. Will the Mi-8's have a different troop transport script that the Huey's (so that the Mi-8's will be able to pick up/drop off more troops than the Huey)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Awesome!

But I have a quick question. Will the Mi-8's have a different troop transport script that the Huey's (so that the Mi-8's will be able to pick up/drop off more troops than the Huey)

So far, no. Maybe in the future.

Edited by Charly_Owl

Good job I have been practicing my ship landing technique. Any SAR serials planned?

Any SAR serials planned?

What do you mean by "serials"? I'm not familiar with the term.

Oh, and... I distinctly remember once seeing a screenshot (somewhere... can't remember where though) where a Huey would sling load a truck. I am trying to figure out if it was a mod or if this functionality is implemented (and available) in DCS. Does anyone have good info about it?

Sling loading vehicles would be pretty cool, especially for combined arms operations.

Airmobile Air Assault Event: UH1+Mi-8+Ka-50

Oh, and... I distinctly remember once seeing a screenshot (somewhere... can't remember where though) where a Huey would sling load a truck. I am trying to figure out if it was a mod or if this functionality is implemented (and available) in DCS. Does anyone have good info about it?

Sling loading vehicles would be pretty cool, especially for combined arms operations.

It was a mod. Search for extra cargo on these forums (sorry I can't get you the link because I'm on a phone) the mod also comes with extra stuff to land on like oil platforms and single helipads.

EDIT: I did some searching and found the link http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124251&highlight=Extra+cargo

Edited by SilentGun

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Sorry bit of a term here the UK. When a feature or or training element is put into an exercise it is described as a serial. For example, during the last mission the final serial was an airfield assault.

Poor choice of language on my part :doh:

Jacks

Throwing the idea out there... would you guys be interested in a NIGHT mission?

Nights, boats,, lots of things trying to kill, you.......duh, yes:joystick:

Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

— Captain David McCampbell, USN, leading U.S. Navy ace in WWII

I would like a night mission as long as there is a discernible horizon when fly on water either with or without nvgs. If not there will be a lot of crashes!