C-101CC September release?

Sooooo, it seems that the L39 gets released with the new rendering engine, DCS 1.5.

Does that mean the C-101 will be released in September as well? :music_whistling:

Not to pressure the guys (and possibly gals) at AvioDev, but I was just curious. I think the C-101 has the best features on paper of any of the jet-trainer/light attack jets in DCS world (now or in the near-future) I love it very much. And even tough it is only a simple flight model, the aircraft feels very real to me. It must be somebody's lovechild. :thumbup:

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes, indeed, that's the plan.

Talking about plans ...

Hi, we are trying to release it as soon as possible.

And yes, C-101 is a very special aircraft for us. ;)

... what are your plans regarding this module atm? Can you give us perhaps some sort of roadmap, please? Like what are the next milestones (updating/finalizing EB version, releasing first or perhaps even final CC version, including or excluding AFM for each, documentation for each variant, etc.). Which milestones are planned to be reached by the release of DCS 1.5 or DCS 2.0? Which in 2015, which later?

Thank you!

Talking about plans ...

... what are your plans regarding this module atm? Can you give us perhaps some sort of roadmap, please? Like what are the next milestones (updating/finalizing EB version, releasing first or perhaps even final CC version, including or excluding AFM for each, documentation for each variant, etc.). Which milestones are planned to be reached by the release of DCS 1.5 or DCS 2.0? Which in 2015, which later?

Thank you!

Aviodev, some of the information mentioned above would be very nice. We know you all

may be busy but in the time it's taken me to type this post you guys could at least shed light on the status of the proposed September release date for the C-101CC. We only ask because we are of course interested, and because it was sold as a feature of our product. Please update us with something soon!

Thanks

I take the attitude these days that we ought to leave the devs alone to get on with things. Remember that Aviodev and VEAO at least, are doing this stuff in their spare time.

I am certain about one thing, and that is that there is no one who wants to see the C101CC out more than the guys at Aviodev.

I personally would sooner they pour their limited resources into the module, and not PR.

I take the attitude these days that we ought to leave the devs alone to get on with things. Remember that Aviodev and VEAO at least, are doing this stuff in their spare time.

I wish I had known that when I paid $42 for this module 9 months ago. Of course harassing them for updates isn't constructive nor will it help get things done faster, thankfully everyone is being polite and considerate, but I'm not sure the passive "leave them alone and don't hold them accountable for anything" attitude is the right one either.

It'd be nice to know in what state the team and the development is.

We all understand delays. Still, on a personal level, that module stained my DCS World enthusiasm and the C-101 development state is the sole reason I didn't support and pre-order the ED Nevada map and the Razbam Mirage 2000C (as badly as I wanted to) and will instead wait for the released product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish I had known that when I paid $42 for this module 9 months ago. Of course harassing them for updates isn't constructive nor will it help get things done faster, thankfully everyone is being polite and considerate, but I'm not sure the passive "leave them alone and don't hold them accountable for anything" attitude is the right one either.

It'd be nice to know in what state the team and the development is.

We all understand delays. Still, on a personal level, that module stained my DCS World enthusiasm and the C-101 development state is the sole reason I didn't support and pre-order the ED Nevada map and the Razbam Mirage 2000C (as badly as I wanted to) and will instead wait for the released product.

Same opinion here ...

My take on it is, if I want a pruduct to succeed supporting the pruduct early on even if it is un finished will help the end goal. I want the cc version badly, but with out the comunity showing intrest with pre oeders and productive feedback the deves may never finish the project, especially one like this where they have other jobs and this is almost like a hobby. I do agree updates from develpors helps keep intrest from the comunity and I would love one, however demanding one will most definitely not produce results.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is no kill but overkill.

I am certain about one thing, and that is that there is no one who wants to see the C101CC out more than the guys at Aviodev.

I personally would sooner they pour their limited resources into the module, and not PR.

Not trying to be a jerk but I'm getting really tired of hearing the "they can't waste there resources typing posts" line. It would take 60 seconds. I mean let's be serious, taking a couple minutes to address your community is not only easy but also appropriate.

• Like 1

My take on it is, if I want a pruduct to succeed supporting the pruduct early on even if it is un finished will help the end goal. I want the cc version badly, but with out the comunity showing intrest with pre oeders and productive feedback the deves may never finish the project, especially one like this where they have other jobs and this is almost like a hobby. I do agree updates from develpors helps keep intrest from the comunity and I would love one, however demanding one will most definitely not produce results.

Actually, demand is quite effective at producing results in almost every situation everywhere! Lol.

And the whole "can't finish it without preorders" thing doesn't fly, because they have already sold a product promising that it would be feature complete. If they had sold the C-101 with a disclaimer that it would never be finished (like one of those crazy early access titles on steam) that would be another story, but I'm afraid the way they sold it was pretty binding no matter which way you look at it.

There are also many other devs who have fully developed and released near feature complete aircraft without the first pre-order to "show interest"

If interest is what is needed, check out this thread! There are pages of interest! Lol

Actually, demand is quite effective at producing results in almost every situation everywhere! Lol.

And the whole "can't finish it without preorders" thing doesn't fly, because they have already sold a product promising that it would be feature complete. If they had sold the C-101 with a disclaimer that it would never be finished (like one of those crazy early access titles on steam) that would be another story, but I'm afraid the way they sold it was pretty binding no matter which way you look at it.

There are also many other devs who have fully developed and released near feature complete aircraft without the first pre-order to "show interest"

If interest is what is needed, check out this thread! There are pages of interest! Lol

Its funny how you add quotes to something that was not said. Im not trying to argue with you nor anyone else, however as shown by your posts, you just want to prove how everyone who does not agree with you is wrong. What i stated was my opinion and nothing more so please dont waste your time with argumentative responses to my posts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is no kill but overkill.