Pre-Purchase NEVADA Test and Training Range

KEULE

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny - I was reading the book The Air Force Way of War: U.S. Tactics and Training after Vietnam this morning when I learned about the pre-sale. The book talks about Red Flag and the activities at Nellis Air Force Base over the years. Now I get to live it!!!

EDIT: I just noticed we also get to see Groom Lake. Perhaps we'll have some "close encounters" of our own???

Edited by CheckGear

You got my money!

Hope I am still alive when it is released in November...

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

im a beta owner who is slated to get the map free, I was thinking it would be nice to preorder another map for a friend to take advantage of the discount and free campaigns. As of now is there going to be any way to gift one of the maps and keep the campaigns?

So...

We can BUY it...but there is NO Download....Yet????

Correct.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

im a beta owner who is slated to get the map free, I was thinking it would be nice to preorder another map for a friend to take advantage of the discount and free campaigns. As of now is there going to be any way to gift one of the maps and keep the campaigns?

I would imagine that each will have their own key, once we reach that point. In that case, you would just transfer the map key, of course. If they were all tied to one key it would actually complicate things for ED.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I would imagine that each will have their own key, once we reach that point. In that case, you would just transfer the map key, of course. If they were all tied to one key it would actually complicate things for ED.

Yea once I put a bit a more thought into it this makes more sense, especially since the beta guys will be lookin to purchase just the campains. Thanks. Well, off to grab my wallet

NTTR and DCS 2.0

I am contemplating pre purchase, yet I am a bit concerned- If I buy the NTTR map, will I have to shell out an additional 40 bills for DCS2.0, or new maps in 2.0? I know it sounds like a dumb question since 1.0 was free, but some clarification would be great..:music_whistling:

I am contemplating pre purchase, yet I am a bit concerned- If I buy the NTTR map, will I have to shell out an additional 40 bills for DCS2.0, or new maps in 2.0? I know it sounds like a dumb question since 1.0 was free, but some clarification would be great..:music_whistling:

The current Georgia theater will continue to be free in 1.5 and 2.0, future maps (to include NTTR, SOH, etc) will have to be purchased.

@doc You won't have to repurchase anything for DCS 2.0, if that is what you were thinking.

I keep saying I am not going to do this, but ED has a good record in my book(they picked up RRGs mess and are delivering) so I ponied up and have my copy reserved. Still waiting on the Kitty Hawk any day now and then the Nevada map around Thanksgiving, Hopfully. :music_whistling: Looks like this is going to be a good Holiday season.

S!Blade<><:thumbup:

I get the NTTR freebie with my A10C but with all this excitement and feeling the desire to support ED, I bought another copy I will probably gift one day.

Looking forward to all this will bring. Just taxiing, T/O and Landing at these new Bases will be a treat. Now if they could turn on the strobes for me when I am inbound to Nellis at night.

So Thanks again ED...appreciate all you do for us. Without you guys, 3rd partys and your efforts we would certainly be starving for decent simulations. This is not in the "game" category for me.

Edited by MegOhm_SD
  • Like 1

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

You missed this? :)

"This map originally started as a third party project with no input from Eagle Dynamics. However, as we started to develop DCS: A-10C, we realized that this map could serve as a great location for the A-10C training missions. To make this happen, we officially partnered with the third party team to help make this happen. We were so confident in this endeavor that we included a very early version as part of the original A-10C beta.

Unfortunately, due to several reasons, the third party team dissolved and Eagle was left holding the bag of a promised NTTR map to customers that had purchased it as part of A-10C. After taking over the project, it soon became apparent that the current engine was incapable of running the map at the desired quality levels vs. performance. In order to realize this map as first envisioned, an entirely new image generator would be required... this later became a key element of the new graphics engine.

Building a new graphics engine is never an easy or fast task and DCS World 2 has proved no different. However, the NTTR map has provided an excellent test bed for the new map rendering technologies. So, all that being said, the NTTR was developed for the following reasons:

1- For training missions of western aircraft.

2- To honor A-10C beta purchases.

3- Allow creation of Red Flag type missions centered on the NTTR.

4- New map technology test bed."

Dont forget Red Dawn style missions too. Or find the terrorist(s) in Vegas, terrorists at the Hoover dam, etc. Just because it's Nevada doesn't mean it can't be fun and immersive. Red Dawn was ridiculous and yet it's still a cult classic that was worthy of a sequel and can easily inspire silly entertaining missions. Don't like it? Don't buy it. As for me my head is already churning with entertaining ideas and I pity those with zero imagination.

Indeed. Training missions is only part of the potential for this map.

Oh man, I'm excited! I was in the A-10C beta so I can get this map for free, but honestly I'm considering purchasing it too. I can't imagine how much time and money has gone in to producing this. I'd feel guilty getting it for nothing!

Related but unrelated: where were the Top Gun training scenes filmed? Was that around the NTTR? I forget. Once the Leatherneck F-14 is out we might have to try a scene-for-scene remake of some of that movie...

No one to answer? :cry::cry::cry:

The NEVADA map will have RSBN, PRMG, ARK and RADIO for the MiG-21?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Really can't wait to have some Opfor type scenarios as part of Red Flag to play through. Hope the MiG-29 will soon have its 6DOF cockpit and PFM to join the fun! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com