Pre-Purchase NEVADA Test and Training Range

KEULE

Thankfully DCS 2.0 will be free. Im reasonably sure that the performance of the Black Sea map will be similar to Nevada so you will be able to check how it performs on your system.

I'm reasonably sure it's going to be the opposite :D. The old map won't get any serious touch-up except for Mustang's textures. Low-res terrain mesh and simplified cities are still going to be there.

The NTTR map on the other hand, as seen on vids so far, is stuffed with much, much, much more eyecandy. Damn, the Vegas alone has probably more buildings in it that the whole Georgia map, even the Tbilisi area looks like a forgotten village compared to Vegas.

That's an awful lot of objects to render and even though the new engine is supposed to offer improved performance, there is a reason for the recommended 16GB of RAM requirement for NTTR.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thats very nice of you man. PM on the way :thumbup:

Hey Mainstay. I have An extra copy. PM me with your info and I will gift it to you.

No strings attached.

<S>

Megohm is another example of someone who gives back to the community. :thumbup:

Although if anyone else has a spare copy of NTTR, I'll gladly take it. :music_whistling:

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how my skins look in the new lighting engine. Have not made one for over a month. Partially because I think the new lighting may change the way they look. Maybe require some alterations? Hopefully after 1.5 is release I'll have some time to make some more skins. Had a few projects started but got busy.

guys, not sure corect place to ask but, dcs's nevada looked gray or light blue to me. but in the videos on youtube, it is brown or red more than gray. is it about the timing of the footages? which one is correct?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Time of day, humidity, air temperature, air pressure, weather all those things can affect the perceived color. One other very important thing to note, a camera can drastically change/distort the color scheme of any video depending on the white balance, filters and other settings and that's even without getting into post processing effects. Lastly, no two eyes are the same and no matter how close ED or anyone else gets to simulating the real thing, there will always be someone who claims it doesn't look like the real thing. At some point even they have to say this is as good as we can make it and simply go with it.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Anyone know If we will get gunnery ranges on the terrain? I mean with fake targets to bomb and strafe.

Also a question, the USAF sometimes train other airforces in standard procedures, tactics... Which airfields those guys use? Anyone know?

Bump

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Is that a rhetorical question? :doh: Of course, we enjoyed our stay at the Flamingo ... ever hear of crew rest? :D

I wonder if Nellis AFB personnel and Red Flag participants spent much time enjoying the nightlife in Las Vegas. It seems even better than when Topgun was at Miramar!

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone know If we will get gunnery ranges on the terrain? I mean with fake targets to bomb and strafe.

Also a question, the USAF sometimes train other airforces in standard procedures, tactics... Which airfields those guys use? Anyone know?

Q5. Will we see special target units on the NTTR?

A. Not really units, but the satellite terrain does have range/circles to use. The map will be hopefully expanded after release to include some more detailed around NTTR and the surrounding range and airports.

http://forums.mudspike.com/t/dcs-world-2-live-steam-part-deux-electric-boogaloo-june-28th/467/2

Edit: this should (hopfully) work in NTTR: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=115228

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

I'm curious what the MP community will do with this new map. Will most servers run NTTR?

That depends on how stable it will be to fly over it with another 10 people at the same time.

The HW requirements are pretty drastic so who knows how it will perform...

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

No pre-order for this on Steam, but yes it will be for sale on Steam when it goes live.

The C-101 wont go on Steam until the CC version of the module is ready, which ED doesnt have control over.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

TBH I couldn't be bothered...i just pre-purchased the NTTR anyway. more $$ = more development.

We sorely need that gulf map to play out a myriad of scenarios.

I wish I had your money !!! :thumbup:

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

Do we have a way to pre-purchase NTTR for Steam?
I'm hoping they would have pre-order for us Steam user one day....:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

oh well.... I guess I have to wait for the release on steam. No worries. I don't mind buying them at full price. Will be worth the hours and hours of entertainment it will provide. :) Been waiting on 1.5 for buying the Mig 15 as well. So got to be prepared for a big DCS purchase. ;)

Just excited that it is finally almost here. :D Can't wait to check out that new eye candy. First thing I am doing is dropping a CBU 87. :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I wish I had your money !!! :thumbup:

I am sure Paris Hilton would assist you with that.:)

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I'm hoping they would have pre-order for us Steam user one day....:cry:

Im just curious and really no offense, but why do you want to stay with steam at any costs? If you really want the NTTR pre purchased and other discounts and so on, why don't you just switch to the stand alone DCS?? You can use all your purchases from steam in a standalone DCS.

oh well.... I guess I have to wait for the release on steam.

You could make the switch to the non steam version. All your keys from steam will work.

I already convinced two of my friend's to make the change, and from what I can tell they have no regrets ;)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)